Is the game still worth playing.

cody11
cody11 Posts: 3 Arc User
I've been trying to find a new MMO, to scratch the itch I've had, but none seem to compare to what PWI's enjoyment gave me when I started. I've played the game since 2008-2009 and stopped around I'd say 2012-2013. Is the player base still there? The main reason I haven't wanted to get back on is worry that the player base is gone. I don't want to start a game that no one play's.
IGN:Drgnfire
Server:rip Heavens Tear
Guild:-
Lvl:100
Class:Barbarian

Comments

• mayiawolf
    mayiawolf Posts: 33 Arc User
    People still play this game , just not as much as there used to be ( hence the server merges), alot of people left for real life or moved onto other games. Alot of things have changed since 2012-2013, i would recomend trying Tideswell server~
  • cody11
    cody11 Posts: 3 Arc User
    i started playing my old archer, just got g15 gear for him :D been awhile since I've had this much fun in the game lmao
    IGN:Drgnfire
    Server:rip Heavens Tear
    Guild:-
    Lvl:100
    Class:Barbarian
  • kalystconquerer#0876
    kalystconquerer#0876 Posts: 1,421 Perfect World Employee
    Hello!

We definitely still have players! You can always ask for recommendations on servers from others. My home server is Etherblade (I've been playing for a very long time so I was HT then rerolled to Archo server). If you still have friends who play, you could reach out to them and see if they can help you gear up and get you familiarized with alot of the changes that have happened over the years as well.

If you haven't already, pick up these two new codes that are active for players until the 31st!

Code : nP3x0Sdi
    Expiration Date : 07/31/2017

Contents
    War Avatar Pack S x2
    War Avatar Pack A x2
    War Avatar Chest : B x2
    Maiden-Kissed Chest x10 Coupon x1

Code : PWhcvU5b
    Expiration Date : 07/31/2017

Contents
    Demon/Sage Event Card x1
    Good Luck Pack Ticket x1
    Warfront Warrior Supply Ticket x1
    Astrobana Pearl Lv 1 x3
    Nebula Dust Orb x3

Arc Codes-PWI Only is a great place to pick up free codes and I'll usually post there whenever new ones are generated. Also, if you're looking for a wealth of information check out our player maintained Wiki !

Hope this helps and welcome back!
  • userf4057
    userf4057 Posts: 2 Arc User
    o.o
  • dtain
    dtain Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    userf4057 wrote: »
    o.o

o , o
    sage barb best barb
  • carfal#9534
    carfal#9534 Posts: 2 New User
    I'm necroing an old thread here but that's mostly because I can't make my own thread yet, anyone know what a good server to start on would be?

I'm a new player and I'm currently downloading the game, but I was hoping for some pointers on where I should go (active servers, etc)
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    Try Tideswell. There are a lot of helpful players there. PM me for suggestions on a faction(guild) to join. =)
  • carfal#9534
    carfal#9534 Posts: 2 New User
    edited December 2017
    > @orangeitis said:
    > Try Tideswell. There are a lot of helpful players there. PM me for suggestions on a faction(guild) to join. =)

Thanks for replying and I totally would PM if I wasn't so stupid, can't figure out how to, haha.

But uhhh, Tideswell eh? I'll check that one out then, and since I can't figure out the whole PM'ing, recommendations on factions? :open_mouth:
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Well are you looking for PvP facs or PvE facs?

Here, I'll friend you in-game. What's your character name?
    Post edited by orangeitis on
  • rathofdemise
    rathofdemise Posts: 23 Arc User
    Honestly as a 9-10 year vet I would say stay away fro this game there is no low level economy it has all been removed. This game use to be a secret gem in the ruff but they ruined it.
  • hdoggy
    hdoggy Posts: 28 Arc User
    cody11 wrote: »
    I've been trying to find a new MMO, to scratch the itch I've had, but none seem to compare to what PWI's enjoyment gave me when I started. I've played the game since 2008-2009 and stopped around I'd say 2012-2013. Is the player base still there? The main reason I haven't wanted to get back on is worry that the player base is gone. I don't want to start a game that no one play's.

plays*

No apostrophe is necessary.
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    Play-by-play's?
  • billadama
    billadama Posts: 7 Arc User
    As a new player I wouldn't give this game a second look. It has the economy of a corrupt third world country and you have to spend the equivilent of a small family car in rl cash just to get up to speed to be included in anything meaningful. Most of the playerbase hangs around out of nostaglia or the rapidly dwindling friendbase they made in the earlier days, or even in the vain hope that China in fact finally listens and makes the game great again. Of course the downside is that while this game has become an awful parody of itself for those that have played it for any great length of time there is still nothing else out there that comes close.

Good luck tho....
  • goldfinch47
    goldfinch47 Posts: 182 Arc User
    Get your Make Perfect World Great Again (MPWIGA) hat now!
  • donpedro23#4404
    donpedro23#4404 Posts: 1 New User
    do this game required real money to make your character strong now? or to keep up with the other players? i played this game back 2010 back then we don't use real money to make our char. strong.
  • itachiuchiha84
    itachiuchiha84 Posts: 6 New User
    : (
  • moneyhess
    moneyhess Posts: 17 Arc User
    the community is the only reason to play this game.
    since the community is slimming down, less people play this game.

It's just a cash cow right now
  • liam5757#2624
    liam5757#2624 Posts: 1 New User
    Video games are good but to a certain extent. They improve your creative thinking. And a research shown that people who play games are more active and can take decisions fastly than people who don't play games. And I play many games daily. Now as a gamer I advice you not to play games because they ruin your precious time and when you play them repeatedly you get a feeling of drowsiness and off course they make your brain dull. So my best advice is play games but be in your limits.
  • engrish#1692
    engrish#1692 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Wow! An advice on a thread that started years ago! My off topic advice: play less, read more! We will be smart one day! :D
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Yer poor necro with a bit of spam bot.

Closing.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.