best mage class?

what is the best magic class for pve and pvp?

Comments

• hisoka4me
    hisoka4me Posts: 20 Arc User
    btw i am looking what is best mage class to play between wizard psy and sb
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Each have their own unique impact on pvp and really depend on how much you’re willing to put into it or what build you decide to go

SB: least gear requirement due to ultimate and vortex can easily impact pvp or pve heavily regardless of gears

Wiz: an ok class really strives on builds like insta cast where certain skill combos will register as one hit aka faster than a charm can tick

Psy: most heavily broken class if money is no issue.... voodoos allow you to tank and if you have multiple gear sets and S5 weps gl killing one... they are the only mage class in the game that can physical immune themselves as well for 10+ seconds without the use of a genie

Unique traits
    Keep in mind SB is the only class that has access to anti stun (viable and not a 60sec + cd with a wasted glyph like wiz) and can move while casting certain skills also the only class that has a viable magic defense reduction debuff

Wiz will see more use soon due to getting player knock back on an upcoming patch as well as a 10 sec cd on a stealth leap they have undine strike which reduces player defense but it’s not nearly as viable as SB’s magic debuff but has access to fire combo dex genie with spark = free bypass

Now finally conclusion choose which one you personally like the most I’ve played all 3 and I’ve personally settled on an instant cast wiz build all 3 classes are equally as broken and it really depends on what your goal on pvp is and how much your personally willing to spend on it....

With the introduction of 10 sec charm cds instead of 5 it really doesn’t matter which one you play it just matters on who will support/pocket you to stay alive....

Instant cast wiz tests to give an idea on how quick your channeling will be
    https://youtu.be/y-KV6KQ1lys

Combos that open up to you on insta cast wiz
    https://youtu.be/_BTLRlAH-fY
  • ciccopasto#7735
    ciccopasto#7735 Posts: 20 Arc User
    SB.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Slightly on the one sided here,

Wiz... (Yer thats the class I play.)

I will aslo state that all the classes are good in their own right.

Thanks.​​
  • happyhail
    happyhail Posts: 129 Arc User
    Wizard is, hands down, the worst class in the game--and for so many reasons.
  • candiiie
    candiiie Posts: 28 Arc User
    Venomancers are probably one of the strongest classes to play right now. Redstone Venomworm is arguably the strongest PVP debuff. You can cast it in PVP for any physical DD with a multi-hit skill (like a sin, for example) to kill them right away or use Arcane Antimony. They also have multiple combos that scales with gear. Purge and Amplify are great support skills that no one will say no to.

I'd also argue that they have a lower gear requirement than any class in the game right now even SBs. For PVE, they're mandatory due to their debuffs so you'll find squads very easily.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    candiiie wrote: »
    Venomancers are probably one of the strongest classes to play right now. Redstone Venomworm is arguably the strongest PVP debuff. You can cast it in PVP for any physical DD with a multi-hit skill (like a sin, for example) to kill them right away or use Arcane Antimony. They also have multiple combos that scales with gear. Purge and Amplify are great support skills that no one will say no to.

I'd also argue that they have a lower gear requirement than any class in the game right now even SBs. For PVE, they're mandatory due to their debuffs so you'll find squads very easily.

Well put
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • alphadevil1991
    alphadevil1991 Posts: 99 Arc User
    happyhail wrote: »

psy are worse since their only real skill is gear, they aint got any cc by themselves
  • bakujirou
    bakujirou Posts: 48 Arc User

psy are worse since their only real skill is gear, they aint got any cc by themselves

Earth Vector as an AoE Stun that can be Glyphed to Silence
    Glacial Shards for AoE Freeze
    Sandball for even more Silence
    Multiple slows
    And that's without Soul of Silence's potential trigger rate, Soul of Stunning's long stun with high SF, or bouncing a damaging CC back with Retaliation. CC is fine for Psychics - its actual debuffing that they do not do well

[Etherblade] Euthymius
    Galefang [PWpedia]

CFvfwVj.png
  • hisoka4me
    hisoka4me Posts: 20 Arc User
    thank you every1 for your comments , but i am more of a pve person with sometimes pvp. so i think i will go for the SB. yes veno is super needed but i don't really like their playstyle
  • smr12
    smr12 Posts: 1 Arc User
    happyhail wrote: »

because you suck at playing it?