Returning, playing without cash shopping for PvE?

xad952
xad952 Posts: 2 Arc User
Is there potential? can I get stuff done in game without relying on cash shopping to get literally anywhere at all? I see there's lots of new features in the game for character progression, but again can I expect to get things done (slowly obviously, but within reason) without forking over tons of cash? can I get into BH and what ever other dungeons without people seeing me not in r9 what ever gear at +12 and not get kicked? I'm wanting to play casually enough so I can just slowly enjoy the game and the content, but if I can't do that without cash shopping then it may be a bit of a nail in the coffin, any info is appreciated.

Comments

• gunter#5451
    gunter#5451 Posts: 68 Arc User
    Is there potential for f2p players? yes
    can you get stuff done in game without relying on cash shopping? yes
    can you get things done (slowly obviously)? if you want you can even get things done faster than you think,

There is no reason to go r9 or even +12 unless your reason to play PWI is to kill other players without even thinking of playing quests, getting help or giving help to other players. The reason for PvP is simple: in PWI no male character ever had something 'hanging below' so maybe that's also the reason for the people who want PvP. I don't know on what server you will be playing but if you choose Tideswell check out _Undead_ faction: to become a member just apply by pressing G. That faction is easy going: don't have to be online 24/7, leader is an addict so he's able to do your culti's or give other help. Only issue: not many people online and/or chatting but that gives 'us' time to actually read all the stories.
  • xad952
    xad952 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanks for the response man, essentially I'm wanting to buy an inventory and bank expansion so I can enjoy the game a little more as I'm sick of dealing with the low space (been playing for the day again but couldn't decide if I should spend anything or not till I'm sure), I'm fine with buying some fashions and other things that doesn't involve progression which is what I'm planning to do now I'm at least aware I can play without splurging an unknown amount of cash just to PvE with other players without being some huge burden.
  • drheal
    drheal Posts: 132 Arc User
    Yeah dude, all content should be pretty accessible given time. Dare i say "easy" but not solable. PWI gives a +30 attack level Jones blessing which makes our pve much easier than it would be otherwise!

Some classes provide utility, others are more damage centric. If your class's role is to just provide damage, it would be harder to be a F2P player, as to do damage you will want +10 or +12 weapon. If you pick a class which role is more utility, then you may become much more relevant faster.

A seeker, BM, Veno are pretty desirable pve classes which people will expect you to do a few skills and think you are a good player.
  • ciccopasto#7735
    ciccopasto#7735 Posts: 20 Arc User
    no money, no game.
  • alphadevil1991
    alphadevil1991 Posts: 99 Arc User
    all a point of how much time you wanna spend. if you dont wanna play for 4+ hours a day thatn you might spend some bugs from time to time, elsehow you will get lost.
    otherwise nowadays Nuema Portal and +10 orbs are free farmable if you want to make the expenditure.
  • rush#0974
    rush#0974 Posts: 2 Arc User
    I just came back myself, rolling a sin. You can do things without ever buying gold, albeit at a relatively slow place.

It is probably very easy until you finish 2nd rb, but have no idea how hard the last added instances are. I stopped playing for 4-5 years :).

PVE is silly easy on a 70 sin, for now. Culti bosses are moved outside caves and made easier, for example. Apparently you no longer need the silly 10 waves gv culti...