Free zen

Arsla - Dreamweaver
Arsla - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Cash Shop Huddle
OK i always wondered about the earn zen option !

so i went there and had two choices to earn free zen !

i was happy 64 and 69 zen free!

Now this is the part i am sad Why is it that USA citizens have over 50+ ways to make free

zen and the other country people need to buy zen with real money =/!

i don't c the point why is PWI so GIVING towards the USA citizens(no offense)!!

what i am trying to say is keep stuff equal to all players Around the world !

cause see a USA player can make zen any time and don't even need to use real money in game!

my only Question is why is it Like that?

NOTE:please i don't intend to blame USA ppl in this matter i am just

pointing out something that baffled me when i saw it !so i ment NO DISRESPECT towards

USA!i love that place =)b:pleased
Post edited by Arsla - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    fact is, this game was intended for the US market, where people are more comfortable spending huge amounts of cash for their entertainment needs. international on alot of games is just a facade to get a larger player base due to foreign demographics oft times having servers localized for their own countries.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Arsla - Dreamweaver
    Arsla - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    so the international users suffer over the game ?

that makes this "Free to play" title totally in the wrong !

Free to play =USA
    Pay to play = other countries

=/ dam it makes me laugh !!
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    thats not true, it doesnt take a dime to play the game.

as the saying goes, the game is free to play, but pay to win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Infliction - Raging Tide
    Infliction - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Realistically no of those "free zen" options are good at all. They all ask you to sign up for a credit card or do something that really isnt worth the free few dollars.
  • Katinkova - Dreamweaver
    Katinkova - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I quite happily have been playing for well over a year now and i've never spent a penny on the game, but i have a relaxed attitude towards this game, i'm not playing it to be the best or whatever (hence why i'm only lvl 48 >.> )

As for the offers, i've done pretty well from them to be honest, and i'm in the UK. They're a bit slow at giving their rewards, but it quickly mounts up, had at least 10Gold from the Free offers now.
    Katinkova - Cleric - Dreamweaver - SenSei

At the end of the day, it's just a game :)
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    This game is still 100% free to play no matter where you come from.

Some people have more benefits than others but thats understandable. Why would the company make efforts to make Free Zen offers in other countries?? Their intended audience is for USA basically no matter how much that sucks to hear.

The game is focused on the West and East coasts of USA (Server Time Events) but is open internationally to most other countries to enjoy.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    These free zen things are BS. I did a few of them, followed the instructions, and never received any free zen. All I did receive was a ton of spam mail.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Realistically none of those "free zen" options are good at all. They all ask you to sign up for a credit card or do something that really isnt worth the free few dollars.

Fixed.
    The game be free to play.
    In another mmorpg me has played, one of the GMs actually stated the game would be "free to pay for life"
    b:chuckle
    And yes over there the cash shop be a necessity. (Unlike here where the only thing you mayhaps might need would be charms and the rest be either just fashion and stuff or things found in game. *very good things found in game which take forever to find in game though*)

Me suppose the only exception in the cash shop to actually give a clear advantage over non cash shoppers be the faster flying mounts as those do give an advantage and can be gotten only through the cash shop.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    OK i always wondered about the earn zen option !

so i went there and had two choices to earn free zen !

i was happy 64 and 69 zen free!

Now this is the part i am sad Why is it that USA citizens have over 50+ ways to make free

zen and the other country people need to buy zen with real money =/!

i don't c the point why is PWI so GIVING towards the USA citizens(no offense)!!

what i am trying to say is keep stuff equal to all players Around the world !

cause see a USA player can make zen any time and don't even need to use real money in game!

my only Question is why is it Like that?

NOTE:please i don't intend to blame USA ppl in this matter i am just

pointing out something that baffled me when i saw it !so i ment NO DISRESPECT towards

USA!i love that place =)b:pleased

PWI has no hand in what offers are available to what regions as that is done from the offer providers themselves. Has nothing to do with fairness or anything else besides that is all they have available for your region. Do note that international business laws have a heavy impact on these types of things especially with countries that have specific laws in regards to online mercantile etc. If you would like more offers for your region, you can always suggest so to the offer providers directly. I cannot guarantee any results from that but it is worth trying since it costs you nothing but a few minutes to type an email.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • Ankiel - Raging Tide
    Ankiel - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    These free zen things are BS. I did a few of them, followed the instructions, and never received any free zen. All I did receive was a ton of spam mail.

i just create a separate email address for these things, and dont do any that want a cell phone number

they payout rate is pretty bad though, i would say worse then 1 in 5 actually pay out
  • Darksnow - Harshlands
    Darksnow - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Hi,

I'm in USA and the earn zen isnt even worth it. ive completed more than 30 offers in the free section and barely got 10 of the rewards. And when you send them an email they don't even reply or give you the missing rewards for the offers. So your not missing out on anything because those same ten rewards that i did get are still on the free page and i did those months ago so they dont even change the offers every now and then.

Bottom line is its a ****ing suck *** service not worth doin because you wont get the rewards.
  • Sesusixo - Raging Tide
    Sesusixo - Raging Tide Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    i live in the usa, and ive attempted some of these free zen awards.
    i looked all the way through the list, and tried most of the ones that didnt require subscription or cellphone service.

i managed to obtain 12 zen (.1 gold) through watching a couple of advertisements.
    and you can only activate them once every 24 hours.

AKA, your not missing out on much free zen

tho, if i wanted to buy direct tv subscription and reciever, they might pay for a significant part of my lunar bow.
  • garywolf2
    garywolf2 Posts: 3 Arc User
    how can I get free points

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,797 Community Moderator
    This function is currently not in use.

Will close old thread as a necro.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.