Shards glow not working

As you can see, this armor piece I sharded a few years ago works normally
[img][/img]PO8bxNw.jpg

However, this one I'm trying to shard today is not working
[img][/img]BK2wonc.jpg

I'm coming back from a long break, so... Is it removed? Is it a malfunction? What's going on?
Official references will be highly appreciated.
Any reports from other players would be welcome as well.

Comments

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    It’s not removed, nor is it in the settings. I have tried for months messing with this and even talking to others with the exact same gems/armors/settings and mine didn’t show on my nor their screen. The part that is so frustrating and odd is theirs did show, lol. At this point I’m inclined to believed some toons are glitched and others are Since theirs show.

When you ask pwi they refer you to the forums without escalating ticket just insta because I’m pretty sure they dunno how to fix it, as if the ppl who don’t manage it would. You kind of have to ignore it sorry.
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    The new stones no longer show in game this means +15s +12s and +3s(not sure on this one) this is both weps and armor they gave new shards but never bothered to put new animations
    As far as the issue ur having the glow comes on 3+ gems of same or higher quality being put into a gear it’s just another way, in the long run, to charge players more money for a simple cosmetic effect

You can see the full guide on how they work here
    https://pw-jctest.fandom.com/wiki/Glowing_Effect
  • dawnsilver10
    dawnsilver10 Posts: 52 Arc User
    It just doesn't work with the new armors you get as quest reward. From noble gear you get on lvl 11 to quicksand maze 85 gear, it wont show any glow. I haven't tested morai gear yet, as it utilises same model than the Royal Gear you have on 40+, if glow effects work on them. Though glow effects seem to work on r93r, which use exact same model as Royal gear and morai gear you earn from their respective order.
  • delarocqueee
    delarocqueee Posts: 3 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    It’s not removed, nor is it in the settings. I have tried for months messing with this and even talking to others with the exact same gems/armors/settings and mine didn’t show on my nor their screen. The part that is so frustrating and odd is theirs did show, lol. At this point I’m inclined to believed some toons are glitched and others are Since theirs show.

When you ask pwi they refer you to the forums without escalating ticket just insta because I’m pretty sure they dunno how to fix it, as if the ppl who don’t manage it would. You kind of have to ignore it sorry.

Yeah, as I'm writting to the players bellow, it seems that the system operation that "attaches" the glowing effect to the armors is broken, since the armors that received shards years ago have glowing effects just fine, but the ones being sharded recently don't.
    nunuator wrote: »
    The new stones no longer show in game this means +15s +12s and +3s(not sure on this one) this is both weps and armor they gave new shards but never bothered to put new animations
    As far as the issue ur having the glow comes on 3+ gems of same or higher quality being put into a gear it’s just another way, in the long run, to charge players more money for a simple cosmetic effect

You can see the full guide on how they work here
    https://pw-jctest.fandom.com/wiki/Glowing_Effect

Actually the minimum requirement for a armor piece to glow always was 2 or more Lv5+ shards of the same type. My concern is if it has changed.

The link you provided is not acurate. This one explains the whole picture of glowing effects.
    https://pwi.gamepedia.com/Socketing
    It just doesn't work with the new armors you get as quest reward. From noble gear you get on lvl 11 to quicksand maze 85 gear, it wont show any glow. I haven't tested morai gear yet, as it utilises same model than the Royal Gear you have on 40+, if glow effects work on them. Though glow effects seem to work on r93r, which use exact same model as Royal gear and morai gear you earn from their respective order.

The problem is not the new armors themselves, I know that because I some of my alts have those armors with citrines and garnets and they glow normally. Also even my TT equips that are not being affected by sharding glow, these TT equips I'm refering to, had garnets I put years ago and were glowing normally, but once I cleared it to replace with Citrines, the glow never happened again.

It appears that the glowing is still "working", but the "attachment" of the glowing effect to an armor piece seems to be broken, but I don't know when this started to happen.
  • fateblade
    fateblade Posts: 19 Arc User
    Days ago I made r9r4 dual axes and x2 glowburn shards doesnt glow.
    Same for my G17 3th cast, lv. 11 amber shards doesnt glow. I saw other people with G17 5th cast and shards still doesnt glow around hand(s).
  • noguerass
    noguerass Posts: 7 Arc User
    I'm starting to believe we will just have to accept that this not a thing anymore, just like Public Quest 3 which has been broken since 2010 or something.
  • cheriberryex#8626
    cheriberryex#8626 Posts: 13 Arc User
    When I made r9r4 daggers with glowburn I was also surprised to not see a glow. I contacted support about it and they simply said the following:
    "We tried sharding armor with deity stones on gear and there was no glow. We tried your specific settings, Chaotic Damnation daggers with glowburn stones, but there was no glow. There isn't supposed to be a glowing effect"

Like seriously?
    So yea, just accept it and move on.
  • noguerass
    noguerass Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    When I made r9r4 daggers with glowburn I was also surprised to not see a glow. I contacted support about it and they simply said the following:
    "We tried sharding armor with deity stones on gear and there was no glow. We tried your specific settings, Chaotic Damnation daggers with glowburn stones, but there was no glow. There isn't supposed to be a glowing effect"

Like seriously?

Maaan, I work as IT support, and I know what that **** reply means hahaha

Means that the person in charge of PWI don't know **** about about the game and about what he is doing. You should've link him the Wiki page about sharding xd

The community is seriously doomed.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User

Like seriously?

The insane part is other ppl with the same gems and same armor will glow. But some of us it totally refuses!!
    noguerass wrote: »

Like seriously?

Maaan, I work as IT support, and I know what that **** reply means hahaha

Means that the person in charge of PWI don't know **** about about the game and about what he is doing. You should've link him the Wiki page about sharding xd

The community is seriously doomed.

I agree with the community is doomed
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958