Some help please

Okay i am not good at doing points setups so anyone got any point set ups to help new players and even crappy players like me... lol

Comments

• oldphart55
    oldphart55 Posts: 130 Arc User
    first of all you havn't said what class you are playing it depends on that
  • yummybank
    yummybank Posts: 9 Arc User
    Sure, general rule of thumb is to stat as much points as to be able to wear your gear, and the rest to your stat that increases your damage.

If your a barb, blademaster, edgeblade, or seeker then strengh will increase your damage. If your an archer, assassin, duskblade, or technicain then dext will increase your damage. For the rest intelligence.

Vitality increases your hp, some utility classes like barb, veno, and cleric sometimes puts points in vit for more survivablity. Every 20 points in dexterity puts your crit up by 1%, so people often like to try to round off at a 20 mark. Dext also will increase your accuracy, so that might be useful on barb/bm to get enough accuracy, maybe up to 60 or 80 dext.

Thats it in a nutshell.
  • kabus#5558
    kabus#5558 Posts: 7 Arc User
    oldphart55 wrote: »
    first of all you havn't said what class you are playing it depends on that
    i was figuring on help that could last on the forums that are like me for all races and classes.

• kabus#5558
    kabus#5558 Posts: 7 Arc User
    yummybank wrote: »
    Sure, general rule of thumb is to stat as much points as to be able to wear your gear, and the rest to your stat that increases your damage.

If your a barb, blademaster, edgeblade, or seeker then strengh will increase your damage. If your an archer, assassin, duskblade, or technicain then dext will increase your damage. For the rest intelligence.

Vitality increases your hp, some utility classes like barb, veno, and cleric sometimes puts points in vit for more survivablity. Every 20 points in dexterity puts your crit up by 1%, so people often like to try to round off at a 20 mark. Dext also will increase your accuracy, so that might be useful on barb/bm to get enough accuracy, maybe up to 60 or 80 dext.

Thats it in a nutshell.

Thank you very much.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    As far as cheap builds a couple things you can try are aps sin or db instant cast wizard or just a plain sb (due to ultimate they can kill anyone and have a big influence on pvp regardless of gears)
    APS sin can be made using Warsoul repository for -.1 with R8 set + this method only requires you to make R8 Dustfall gears to wear in the repository no need for crazy rerolls
    Easiest method is
    Wep -.1 or .-05 G16 daggers (can upgrade to R9R4 wep if cost isn’t an issue)
    -.1 R8 chest (don’t bother rolling double int chest as it costs upwards of 1bill)
    -.05 lunar or base g15 LA legs
    R8 rolled boots for -.05 (might take 200 fortification seals with bad luck)
    -.1 g15 arms
    G16 warsoul pdef destroyer belt (300ish mill)
    Nation war pdef neck
    (if going for 5 aps sage chill of the deep)
    G17 boots -.1 boot soul (2-3bill cost)
    TT99 arms
    TT99 neck
    Wear everything but arms in R8 set in repository (adds an extra -.05 this way)

Now the cheaper option is instant cast wizard as the only thing it may require is R9R3 weapon and a couple rerolls for R8 gears

repository for this as well full R8 gear with the potential to get a R9r1 belt to combo the wep+belt for an extra 10 def lvl on top of the full R8 set bonus
    The goal for the set is to hit -75% channeling(demon spark gives -25%) or -80% for demon quaff for the -20%

Helm ( Warsoul of heaven if you need -3% extra or any other helm option is fine R8rr helm is prolly the best option if you don’t need the -3%)
    R8 top (-6% channeling base) (can roll r8rr top for -3% + xtra stats if already hitting -75~80% base
    Legs R8 (roll for -3%) or go g15 for -3%
    Boots G17 (comes -5% base but need lvl 105 to wear, upgrade from r8rr boots to get cheapest mat cost) still probably costs 300ish mill
    Arms G16 -6% arms
    Neck -6% chain of stars get nw pdef neck to swap to in order to tank sins in pvp if that’s your goal
    Belt same destroyer pdef belt like sin uses

Cards are pretty much the same for both builds make 2/2/2 set from doing trials with a faction and lvl them with c packs from fsj

• vonsabrewulf#0988
    vonsabrewulf#0988 Posts: 17 Arc User
    I need some help my Neverfall Chain Quest is bugged. Im suppose to kill a mob called Soul Devourer for a drop. However no matter how many i kill i dont get the drop. Ive killed over 100 of the mobs and tried relogging and trashing the quest. It is simply bugged. The quest is called The Stolen Soul
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    I need some help my Neverfall Chain Quest is bugged. Im suppose to kill a mob called Soul Devourer for a drop. However no matter how many i kill i dont get the drop. Ive killed over 100 of the mobs and tried relogging and trashing the quest. It is simply bugged. The quest is called The Stolen Soul

The drop rate for the item is quite low (10% I think) so it takes a lot of mob kills before you get it. I did the quest a few days ago and had to kill a lot of them as well before I was able to get the drop.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • vonsabrewulf#0988
    vonsabrewulf#0988 Posts: 17 Arc User
    ty for the help