Fix the DC's???

longstrider
longstrider Posts: 10 Arc User
The amount of times people have been getting disconnected is ridiculous...DC in an instance and then have to wait forever to get back in.

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Their has been no issues reported with the servers. Normally the problem lies in-between you and the server.

Can I suggest you do a trace route, and try rebooting your router. If you have not done so. I know it seams simple but it can be effective.

Thanks.
  • lorddragonoid#1956
    lorddragonoid#1956 Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    The amount of times people have been getting disconnected is ridiculous...DC in an instance and then have to wait forever to get back in.

Weather can be the inference case. I do get lag and during bad weather I get constant disconnections. It is true it is annoying for character to stuck online when disconnected but you won't have any choice other than waiting 10-15mins at least until the character goes offline. At least that how it was in my case. Try to use modem internet connection with mobile sim card. It should serve as substitute during bad seasons or bad communicative days. You may also be playing on server which is far distant from where you reside. The server that you must be playing on are the ones that are most close-by or share between your interest and in being close-by the country you reside.
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    If you really want to know if the Game server is the problem, Download this free program. "Pingploter freeware", Under your game folder on your PC find this file " C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\patcher\server serverlist.txt"
    Copy the server address in pingploter, and press start. It will ping all the server in between you and the game. When you DC, check the graphic, and you will know what server cut you off. The 1st 2 step are in your house, the last 3 step is PW. Any thing in between is ISPs fault. And then you can SS the result and show it to PW if they are responsible.
  • lorddragonoid#1956
    If you really want to know if the Game server is the problem, Download this free program. "Pingploter freeware", Under your game folder on your PC find this file " C:\Program Files (x86)\Perfect World Entertainment\PWI_en\patcher\server serverlist.txt"
    Copy the server address in pingploter, and press start. It will ping all the server in between you and the game. When you DC, check the graphic, and you will know what server cut you off. The 1st 2 step are in your house, the last 3 step is PW. Any thing in between is ISPs fault. And then you can SS the result and show it to PW if they are responsible.

Consider asking developers via support contact first before going through all of that.
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    Sure, Ask Dev, wait 6 month for answer. Take 15 minute to set up my suggestion. 1st DC, instant troubleshooting who is the faulty.
  • lorddragonoid#1956
    edited January 2020
    Or should we let other spoon feed them as well? If no then we re in agreement that developer is best solution. If yes then you can go and feed yourself with the spoon while we are working out the real solutions without deception. For you to have 6 months while nobody else had would mean that you were unfortunate one or disliked so much.