So I wanted to return after several years, but it's a wasteland?

By that I mean, I hardly hear the crickets. Is the game dead? How can they even afford to keep the servers running? ;_;

Comments

• gunter#5451
    gunter#5451 Posts: 68 Arc User
    change server and your problem is over (for now). :D
  • mistressani
    mistressani Posts: 101 Arc User
    Unfortunately owing to the in game changes that have recently taken place related towards the game play and the fact most of the player base has left, almost all servers might be experiencing the same problem...
  • darkv0id
    darkv0id Posts: 58 Arc User
    Like most games, it'll continue running as long as people submit that credit card, it can take 30 minutes to an hour just to fill an FSD squad.
  • dawnsilver10
    dawnsilver10 Posts: 52 Arc User
    The problem currently is. We had a change that makes it mostly impossible to create tradeable coins. It shouldnt be a big issue, as a new player you mostly need things you can get from NPC, but they never changed back the original pricing of the dropped items. If we never get the silver to gold coins transfer, than it should be fine. The gold coin price should sink and then we set. But we are currently even pretty stuck, as we can generate only 500k guaranteed silver coins for doing normal bounty hunter or master bounty hunter with chance on winning 3 to 10 mil gold coins. 500k is not much if you are an endgame player. Alone your repair fee, will be like that, when you repair your gear. I can see, that its plan to get the gold coins that are currently in circulation down, but as long as casher keep buying packs and they get any gold foil Item, means we have currently 3 different in the new treasure system. One gives 6 Ten Million Big note, if you fuse it with Expedient Pyro, Flood, Bloody, and brilliance stone. 60mil alone from that through gambling. The other two give 400mil and 500mil gold coins, when you fuse them with the proper items. But at first need to spend some gold coin on the items, if you dont have them. So I dont know how big the impact of this is. But if you are heavy casher, you have that items anyway. And I dont think someone will fuse 3x Cloudstir 3x CoF Stamp, x3 Cloud Cover, x3 Warsong marshal badge for 400mil in return. Still this items keep me worried.
  • velgraves#8589
    velgraves#8589 Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have played PWE/Arc games for over 10 years now, I have seen countless numbers of their games go down and know the signs of each
    * Simple fixes taking too long
    * Too much silence from Devs
    * One representative being OVERLY active and making promises to look into issues
    * Scheduled events, like wiping maps etc happen less frequently(or never)
    and just so many others, it's like a pattern
    Heroes of the Three Kingdoms
    Legend of Martial Arts
    Battle of Immortals
    Literally their ENTIRE graveyard of games went through EXACTLY what PWI is going through atm
    So I would not recommend coming back to this game at all
  • johndoe#4146
    johndoe#4146 Posts: 98 Arc User
    The only news posts you ever see anymore are " Marketplace Updates" . That should tell you the amount of interest the devs have left in this game.
  • engrish#1692
    engrish#1692 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    The only news posts you ever see anymore are " Marketplace Updates" .
    It's like visit the PWI facebook page and discover another devianart post. At least I have more time to play PWI.
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    PWI Only host the game, They don't develop it, so it's low maintenance for them. They also Host many other games that are more popular, on the same server. Event if PW does not bring has much player in. It still bring money in. So they will keep it running.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    I do wish we had an active cm or at least a contact for the mods to get issues across.

I use support where I really need to, sometimes I don't think they really understand. I'm sure some of them try tho.

Thanks.
  • lorddragonoid#1956
    lorddragonoid#1956 Posts: 62 Arc User
    Greetings,
    More than anything I am concerned about is how power-leveling "Frostcovered City" has been removed entirely from game concept by disabling the hyper experience. It was one of important features as the game base only focused to release what was subjective of playing multiple classes. Without any power-leveling the competition goes downhill. The servers are only friendly environment to the old players. The new players won't find factions that are helpful any longer and they will strive to quit the game or just visit like a picnic of a museum.
  • lorshe
    lorshe Posts: 9 Arc User
    the devs need to allow multiple crafting of r9 in a toon. Since the warsoul repository came out, you lose stats coz of prior craft or you decided to spend more and r9r4 your gear, only to realize you want to go back. Why limit r9 gear crafting to one time only? Makes no sense at all.
  • lorddragonoid#1956
    edited January 2020
    lorshe wrote: »
    the devs need to allow multiple crafting of r9 in a toon. Since the warsoul repository came out, you lose stats coz of prior craft or you decided to spend more and r9r4 your gear, only to realize you want to go back. Why limit r9 gear crafting to one time only? Makes no sense at all.

Nice suggestion but I recommend fixes of what is lost first before bringing anymore limitations. I don't want more paranoid features to strand down the old ones like what they did with the old content.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator

Nice suggestion but I recommend fixes of what is lost first before bringing anymore limitations. I don't want more paranoid features to strand down the old ones like what they did with the old content.

You can do this with G17, it will get cheaper over time as well.

At this point G17 seams open tho.

Thanks.
  • lorddragonoid#1956
    heero200 wrote: »

You can do this with G17, it will get cheaper over time as well.

At this point G17 seams open tho.

Thanks.

True enough but I really hope power-leveling content to be added back to game.
  • mistressani
    edited January 2020
    The thing over the years so much in game content has been made now useless or harder as well owing to recent skill updates and those to come most of the classes have losted their place in the game , its hard for older players and well as new ones to really adapt because you can no longer build a class of your choice....How rare it is to see a Wizard or Psychic even a Seeker being played anymore
  • lorddragonoid#1956
    edited January 2020
    The thing over the years so much in game content has been made now useless or harder as well owing to recent skill updates and those to come most of the classes have losted their place in the game , its hard for older players and well as new ones to really adapt because you can no longer build a class of your choice....How rare it is to see a Wizard or Psychic even a Seeker being played anymore

We still have the classes played on our server and they are still playable. Every old player plays the class they want and very limited number of new players that was fortunate enough to get on the prefix list of an old player who got most of in-game wealth also got their chance to level and gear up by their help. However, Not all new players are going to be interactive to bring fortunes to their selves. Though that is a sad fact but it is the reality. It is the old players who stayed in server enjoyed most of the game features more than any of us "The new players and old returners". Every time I ask a person about their in-game experience they all say that they are from 2009 or earlier or around that time and still playing until today in this game so what you are saying about the old players are sharing the inability to play new classes is void, When I referred to old players I mean the ones who stayed on servers all the years of PW's game-play and I didn't mean to include the old returners in my reference if you meant them.
  • lorddragonoid#1956
    edited January 2020
    That makes situation suffer-able.
    Post edited by lorddragonoid#1956 on
  • mistressani

We still have the classes played on our server and they are still playable. Every old players plays the class they want and very limited number of new players that was fortunate enough to get on the prefix list of old players who got most in-game wealth also got their chance to level and gear up by their help, However, Not all new players are going to be interactive to bring fortunes to their selves. Though that is a sad fact but it is the reality. It is the old players who stayed in server enjoyed most of the game features more than any of us "The new players and old returners" . Every time I ask a person about their in-game experience they will say they are from 2009 or earlier or around that time and still playing until today in this game so what you are saying about the old players sharing the inability to play any new class is void. When I referred to old players I meant those who stayed on server all years of PW's game play. I didn't mean to include the old returners if that what you meant.

The so-called Older Players you refer too are those who live in denial just how bad the game has changed over the years and can't bring themselves to move on, they've invested too much in their toons....How many friends and Guilds have you truly seen just becoming a distant memory over the years , even some of my long term RL friends who use to play are now adamant about not returning to a dead game to waste their time.
  • lorddragonoid#1956
    edited January 2020

We still have the classes played on our server and they are still playable. Every old players plays the class they want and very limited number of new players that was fortunate enough to get on the prefix list of old players who got most in-game wealth also got their chance to level and gear up by their help, However, Not all new players are going to be interactive to bring fortunes to their selves. Though that is a sad fact but it is the reality. It is the old players who stayed in server enjoyed most of the game features more than any of us "The new players and old returners" . Every time I ask a person about their in-game experience they will say they are from 2009 or earlier or around that time and still playing until today in this game so what you are saying about the old players sharing the inability to play any new class is void. When I referred to old players I meant those who stayed on server all years of PW's game play. I didn't mean to include the old returners if that what you meant.

The so-called Older Players you refer too are those who live in denial just how bad the game has changed over the years and can't bring themselves to move on, they've invested too much in their toons....How many friends and Guilds have you truly seen just becoming a distant memory over the years , even some of my long term RL friends who use to play are now adamant about not returning to a dead game to waste their time.

So you are saying that your irritation is based on personal agitation for a personal loss, right? If so it has nothing to do with my previous statement and by the way I am both a returner and old player as well. We all lose our close contacts and play-mates but that doesn't mean we involve our personal feelings toward the game itself and forget the real purpose of existing in-game in the first place. Just move on and make new relations with the new generation if any will come though. I praise for your success in doing so.
  • mistressani

So you are saying that your irritation is based on personal agitation for a personal loss, right? If so it has nothing to do with my previous statement and by the way I am both a returner and old player as well. We all lose our close contacts and play-mates but that doesn't mean we involve our personal feelings toward the game itself and forget the real purpose of existing in-game in the first place. Just move on and make new relations with the new generation if any will come though. I praise for your success in doing so.

On that note Yes I admit the company itself is to be blamed with how things have changed over the years regarding the gameplay we're like virtual zombies in a sense, BUT the In Game Economy is solely the Players fault - PWI doesn't tell you sell your stuff at Over Priced costs or try to monopolized the market out of fear another player might create the same exact toon as yourself and be better at it....
  • lorddragonoid#1956
    edited January 2020
    Actually the trade and overpricing are all done by the players. It isn't PW's fault. All players stopped using Gold trade via auction house. It is player's irrational ideas and greed that dwelt in to use homestead envelope instead. Auction house is more secure with gold trade since all transactions are happening through and within your account but do they care? We have the premium players to thank for creating that gap which let other players start abusing it.
  • mistressani
    Actually the trade and overpricing is all done by the players. It isn't PW's fault. All players stopped using Gold trade via auction house. It is player's irrational ideas and greed that dwelt in to use homestead envelope instead. Auction house is more secure with gold trade since all transactions are happening through and within your account but do they care? We have the premium players to thank for creating that gap which let other players start abusing it.

In Closing being an old long term player myself like you (perhaps you have been playing longer that I) , I'd just like end saying Yes the game is still very playable , Yes all classes can still be built , But to make the player base more active and welcoming to New Players and Returning Players those of us who have stuck it out need be less Greedy and Helpful towards each other otherwise we'd just keep helping to kill the game off ourselves eventually...
  • lorddragonoid#1956
    edited January 2020
    Now you started catching on with my point of view. Even your old mates are bound to come back if the old content rivaled the new one and returned to it is old values or provided an alternate to it. We need both the gold trade in auction house and power-level. If both are restricted to players and became most useful concepts in game-play. We won't need anything to brag nor complain about. That way a new generation of players and all our old mates are bound to come. To do so we need PW to revert the changes back to bring the old glory to our beloved game and The current players to stop being greedy in trade and collaborate otherwise we are having this game to be terminated as good as the other ones like war of immortal and such.
  • lorshe
    lorshe Posts: 9 Arc User
    unfortunately gold is gold is $1/gold, don’t matter if there are spend rewards or bonus gold. That’s not changing & never will. The market in-game, again unfortunately, is affected by gold. If you want gold to go down, don’t buy it. But is that going to lower the items sold in in-game shops? No. Maybe. Not immediately, at least. There are players who sell overprice, if you don’t buy from them, they will eventually lower the prices, its a matter of supply & demand.

..and the “fun” in this game is lost to many.
  • technoplume3
    Greetings,
    More than anything I am concerned about is how power-leveling "Frostcovered City" has been removed entirely from game concept by disabling the hyper experience. It was one of important features as the game base only focused to release what was subjective of playing multiple classes. Without any power-leveling the competition goes downhill. The servers are only friendly environment to the old players. The new players won't find factions that are helpful any longer and they will strive to quit the game or just visit like a picnic of a museum.

Do you live in 2008 ? it takes 6 month to be 3x 100. Leveling problem my ****. And you can top that speed if you charge and be 105 RS something in a few days.
  • lorddragonoid#1956
    edited January 2020
    unfortunately gold is gold is $1/gold, don’t matter if there are spend rewards or bonus gold. That’s not changing & never will. The market in-game, again unfortunately, is affected by gold. If you want gold to go down, don’t buy it. But is that going to lower the items sold in in-game shops? No. Maybe. Not immediately, at least. There are players who sell overprice, if you don’t buy from them, they will eventually lower the prices, its a matter of supply & demand.

..and the “fun” in this game is lost to many.

Not likely. It isn't matter of supply and demand. Whatever price in $ doesn't really stack any value for PW's in-game currency. An item in boutique worth 30 or 40 or 50 or 60 golds cannot change the price of 1 gold worth. Events like x2 or special season sales reflect that change due of the free promotions and charge rewards as in item worth in coins and not the gold. It is invalid to change gold worth because some random wannabe statement plunged in for that without any sense and drove the players to abuse the gold system unless you have something that makes sense of price changing and charging by better statement. Also you admit by your statement that packages which bring the most valuables of items are the ones that make change in prices and that is correct but gold shouldn't be involved in the matter since it is a game and your charge is your personal fee. You aren't going to bill other players by that fee just to justify your spending expenses. Nevertheless you all wouldn't have expanded the gold trade by it is capacity if it wasn't for homestead feature. You are aware that if the auction was the only thing there is for gold trade, you wouldn't even think about rising the prices for golds but only items. The players risen the prices for items already and since they got the possibility they did it for gold as well.

Greetings,

Do you live in 2008 ? it takes 6 month to be 3x 100. Leveling problem my ****. And you can top that speed if you charge and be 105 RS something in a few days.

So you admit that it is that slow to take over 6 months and that it is desperate enough for people to level up their character that they need to charge for it to get it done in few days. You also compared my statement to time of living at 2008 which means you are saying that you are satisfied with the features the way they are because you are an old player or grasped the knowledge about old player content but don't want it back since you criticize or don't care about it in first place right? Why so? Will it hurt you to find players leveling up fast like back then in 2008 of you referred date as way faster than you have done personally?
  • technoplume3
    In 2008 it took 3 year for me to reach lv 100, It took 6 month in 2011 when I started a veno, and it's even faster today. So suck it up.
  • lorddragonoid#1956
    edited January 2020
    In 2008 it took 3 year for me to reach lv 100, It took 6 month in 2011 when I started a veno, and it's even faster today. So suck it up.

So you are saying in 2008 it took you long because it was very primitive to level up back then and took you around 3 years? and When power-leveling was served around 2011 or was a mechanism which was finally introduced to you about leveling up with frost according to your reference of date? Then you got your character leveled up in 6 months thanks to the frost system for power-leveling with hyper-experience? Are you aware that you just admitted about the validation of my point of view? The recent days are faster for "you" since you have accomplished your main character's levels "long ago" and can support any kind of alternative characters using your "main" character to make it in such short termed time. Especially you didn't mention the time period at last part of your statement as well. I take it as you admit that it is becoming more difficult but easier for you since you inherited the ability to level up faster using your old characters in doing so unless I am wrong and you have something better to say.
  • johndoe#4146
    johndoe#4146 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I lvld a new class alt to 100 in 3 weeks a couple months ago on quests and bh alone without fc or pv. Why so much QQing about powerleveling FC not working when it was intended to be that way in the first place?