Game Freezing but Cursor moves?

monkshood#7651
monkshood#7651 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2022 in Quality Corner
Not sure if anyone else has this issue/has a fix? Game freezes (not black screen or non responsive) literally like ive took a screenshot, everything is frozen in place however I am still capable of moving the cursor around? Never had this issue before the new content update was released and not sure if anyone has come across the problem too or if anyone has a fix? I have verified the client and changed settings down in a bid to fix.
Post edited by obielle on

Comments

• foxysp
    foxysp Posts: 33 Arc User
    I had this happen the other day, could click on stuff, but no response - total freeze. I had to kill client off and restart.
  • invalid963
    invalid963 Posts: 7 Arc User
    BUMP - i would also like a fix to this
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Moved to quality corner as this is a bug.

Thanks.
  • shade0110
    shade0110 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Good to know I'm not the ONLY one who's having problems with this. And I know good and well that it's NOT my PC, it's a Powerful ALIENWARE Area 51 R7 Threadripper; believe me, it was built to run and handle powerful stuff. I'm sure I speak for everyone who's having to endure this problem when I say PWI, I don't know what you guys did this time, but get it fixed. Or you guys are going to lose even MORE gaming customers. I don't know how many times this has happened to me recently, or how many times I've had to force shut the game client down, and it's getting tiresome.
  • maureen#4168
    maureen#4168 Posts: 1 Arc User
    I've had some in game issues also,for instance when I enter my hs,the game closes on me also too much lag,and logging out sometimes game freezes on me.
  • lorddragonoid#1956
    lorddragonoid#1956 Posts: 62 Arc User
    I've had some in game issues also,for instance when I enter my hs,the game closes on me also too much lag,and logging out sometimes game freezes on me.

Please refer to this link
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    the peope that has this issue, are you on the EU server by any chance? if so, the issue is directly @PWI server.
  • heerohex#3018
    edited January 2020
    hoshichan wrote: »
    the peope that has this issue, are you on the EU server by any chance? if so, the issue is directly @PWI server.

At a guess I would say it's hardware or software related. It's defo a local problem tho not server end or any 1 server.

Thanks.
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »

At a guess I would say it's hardware or software related. It's defo a local problem tho not server end or any 1 server.

Thanks.

you are wrong. its the same issue as here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/8c4acl/i_just_permanently_quit_my_favorite_mmo_due_to/

and all involved parties play blaming-pingpong.

luckily i did some traceroutes and determined the issue to be directly at PWI servers.

unless you wanna tell us that we all have hardware and software issues only on Dawnglory server, while any server/cross server, other applications and game and internet in general are perfectly time^^
  • heerohex#3018
    heero200 wrote: »

Thanks.

you are wrong. its the same issue as here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/8c4acl/i_just_permanently_quit_my_favorite_mmo_due_to/

and all involved parties play blaming-pingpong.

luckily i did some traceroutes and determined the issue to be directly at PWI servers.

unless you wanna tell us that we all have hardware and software issues only on Dawnglory server, while any server/cross server, other applications and game and internet in general are perfectly time^^

I play on heavens tear. I have the same issue sometimes.

Thanks.
  • ironmathyu5#2423
    ironmathyu5#2423 Posts: 1 Arc User
    I've had this problem for 2 days where I start my laptop and it freezes when I open anything. My mouse still moves, when I go on the taskbar it shows it as loading but I can't click on anything after I've opened 1 thing. What could be the problem and how could I fix it?
  • zeno31#2461
    zeno31#2461 Posts: 1 Arc User
    In addition, the SanDisk SSD Plus is a mediocre SSD. I've recently encountered a lot of issues with it, and depending on the submodel you have, it can be a horrible DRAM-less SSD. If it's extremely crowded, performance may plummet and it may even begin to freeze.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Closed due to necro.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
This discussion has been closed.