New Ulfgard Skill Passives are only half as strong as described

asterelle
asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
This last update introduced 2 new passive skills from the new ulfgard quests: Elemental Force and Dark Emperor's Power.

At level 1 they each say they increase skill damage by 2% but they actually increase skill damage by only 1%, HALF as much as advertised.

I think this is an actual error and not merely a translation error since that percentage in the description is a dynamic value not a text typo.

I'm not gonna bog this down with the math but this is an exact result from an exact measurement made with fixed damage attacks (no randomness).

​​

Comments

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Therefore an absurd amount of dailies for 20% damage? GG....
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    thats if the two different passives even stack and not overwrite each other...
  • crazyvivi
    crazyvivi Posts: 7 Arc User
    I went to this new place and I was very annoyed that some players are making people that are blue name, killed when they just trying to do there bear daily, I find that its not really fair, its there choice to pk but they should do that in the other daily. This is making that new daily very agrevating to players that are not max gear and not into pk. Hope there will b someting done about this cuz this is really turning me off the game as an enyoyable place to meet other players.
  • asterelle
    edited November 2019
    Alright I have good news. I have the second level of skill passive and my skill damage jumped from 1.21 up to 1.23 (0.2 of that is level 10 Endless Breeze passive and I've confirmed level 10 Endless Breeze actually is 0.2).

So it's just the first level that's glitched to 1% so far. Hopefully the rest will all be 2%. I'll keep my eye on it.
    ​​
  • alphadevil1991
    alphadevil1991 Posts: 99 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »
    Alright I have good news. I have the second level of skill passive and my skill damage jumped from 1.21 up to 1.23 (0.2 of that is level 10 Endless Breeze passive and I've confirmed level 10 Endless Breeze actually is 0.2).

So it's just the first level that's glitched to 1% so far. Hopefully the rest will all be 2%. I'll keep my eye on it.
    ​​

where can u see its 1.21 and not 1.22? :open_mouth:
    is there any feature in char simulator showing this?
  • asterelle
    No you have to calculate it.

You can calculate it exactly by looking at the ratio of the damage when you cast an unarmed skill against a mob with and without Mystic invigorate.

If it was 1.21 then the ratio would be (1.21 + 0.2) / 1.21 or 1.41/1.21, and if it is 1.22 then the ratio would be 1.42/1.22.

You can also look at the ratio between a punch and a basic unarmed skill.

Like I have a basic skill that can do "base physical damage plus 6499".
    Unarmed my "base physical damage" in the character sheet is 11351.

So I can punch a low level mob and see that my base physical damage does 129315 damage to it.
    That means the skill without any skill bonus should do

(11351 + 6499) / 11351 * 129315 = 203354 damage.

When I actually cast the skill against that same mob I instead deal 250125 damage.

250125 / 203354 = 1.229997

So I know my skill bonus is 0.23 (tiny bit off due to rounding errors), it's supposed to be 0.24 though.
    ​​
  • asterelle
    edited January 2020
    Some good news about this.
    The 5th level of the ulfgard passive gives you 3% more damage so at max level you get the full benefit.

So the expected behavior for the first 5 levels is 2%, 4%, 6%, 8%, 10%

What actually happens is 1%, 3%, 5%, 7%, 10%
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    did you learn the magical passive too, to see if the skill dmg bonus stacks?
  • frankensteon
    frankensteon Posts: 10 Arc User
    hoshichan wrote: »
    did you learn the magical passive too, to see if the skill dmg bonus stacks?

I learned lv.5 phys passive and then lv.1 mag passive on Barbarian... skill damage is increased also with mag passive.
  • technoplume3
    technoplume3 Posts: 116 Arc User
    Awww PW standard broken like always. False advertising :3
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »
    No you have to calculate it.

You can calculate it exactly by looking at the ratio of the damage when you cast an unarmed skill against a mob with and without Mystic invigorate.

If it was 1.21 then the ratio would be (1.21 + 0.2) / 1.21 or 1.41/1.21, and if it is 1.22 then the ratio would be 1.42/1.22.

You can also look at the ratio between a punch and a basic unarmed skill.

Like I have a basic skill that can do "base physical damage plus 6499".
    Unarmed my "base physical damage" in the character sheet is 11351.

So I can punch a low level mob and see that my base physical damage does 129315 damage to it.
    That means the skill without any skill bonus should do

(11351 + 6499) / 11351 * 129315 = 203354 damage.

When I actually cast the skill against that same mob I instead deal 250125 damage.

250125 / 203354 = 1.229997

So I know my skill bonus is 0.23 (tiny bit off due to rounding errors), it's supposed to be 0.24 though.
    ​​

Can you do another or perhaps different example to calculating damage on this game? Math is not my strong suit and this concept is a little hard to grasp for me.
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958