Why is the Forums/Game so dead?

Here wo go again....trolololo xD Nope, actually it's not, I mean the Forums are dead, but who cares. The game seems more active than ever. We need more content like Battle of Survival and I cant wait for the equal gear-Arena, if it ever comes and hopefully not just as a season. I know many that would return for this. I am sick and tired of fighting the same overgeared but skill-less noobs in 3v3 again and again, knowing well they only win due to gear. I want to fight unknown underdogs that are god-like players but only have NPC gear and get totally destroyed by them! So far the only thing to improve you can take away from current fights is: Gear. I'd rather it being: Skill. Skill FTW!

Comments

• shineni#2821
    shineni#2821 Posts: 70 Arc User
    This would make the arena vastly more interesting, so many players that are vastly skilled that played this game for years but simple don't care enough to gear themselves anymore and only play on private servers.

With that being said, the same gear-arena gonna be somewhat dissapoint for some players as the classes won't be the same build like it is in BoS. to make an example, on pwcn, every season there's a voting about each class build and procs on g17r5, either atk lvl or def lvl weapon, etc. this would require a constant communication between pwi and the players and we gotta be real, not gonna happen. the most likely scenario would be the classes will be as the 1st season of this new arena on pwcn, and will stay like that till the end of the time.

Someone once posted here about a npc that would allow players to upgrade their g17 weapon into next cast by paying 1/10 of its price every month like a rent, this npc should've come when ulfgard was introduced but they skipped it, i wonder why since the npc itself requires gold every month, this gives heavily hints that pwi can simple choose not to bring the same gear arena here, a great shame but its not on pwcn hands anymore, and since pwi and players have 0 **** contact, we can only hope for the best.
  • alphadevil1991
    alphadevil1991 Posts: 99 Arc User
    the battle of survival gears really lag and need to be overdone before going for more like this.
    look all get attack lvl stone gears, even seekers! thats total ****.
    players should be able to set their gear like in character simulator and chose themself for attack or def lvl stones and also procs.
    might be well if its only the gears like in battle of survival and not all the stuff like passives and such you can edit in char simulator.
  • drheal
    drheal Posts: 132 Arc User
    There are probably about 800 active pwi players including all servers. Nation war has 1/4 of old population, forum has 1% of old activity. The company who runs this game don't even reset coliseum or follow up on their plans/ promises. More and more gear is behind paywall and not playwall.

So i'm not saying its dead, but i'd like to see another company run the game better.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    drheal wrote: »
    There are probably about 800 active pwi players including all servers. Nation war has 1/4 of old population, forum has 1% of old activity. The company who runs this game don't even reset coliseum or follow up on their plans/ promises. More and more gear is behind paywall and not playwall.

So i'm not saying its dead, but i'd like to see another company run the game better.

From what I know and can see it's a lot higher than 800. You really can't use any event for figures.

New year I'm going to see if I can push for a map reset. Etc. For now I'm hoping things won't pass by...

Thanks.
  • memegirl2
    memegirl2 Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    It is Christmas morning...been waiting ALL WEEK, NOW, NO SNOWMEN REALLY PWI??? Years of always having the Snowmen whats wrong with you??? The snowman have been a Christmas tradition for those been playing since Perfect World started. So sad and low down....as much money we spend on this game.
    ARE THEY STILL COMING TODAY?

• engrish#1692
    engrish#1692 Posts: 41 Arc User
    Anyone remembered last year? Maybe the year before? If the answer is yes you should know snowmen are always late. Act like the snowmen: be lazy and don't do anything until it's time to start messing around with the snowmen.
  • drheal
    drheal Posts: 132 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    drheal wrote: »

From what I know and can see it's a lot higher than 800. You really can't use any event for figures.

New year I'm going to see if I can push for a map reset. Etc. For now I'm hoping things won't pass by...

Thanks.

A year or 2 ago pwi had an event people earned tokens, top 100 got such and such prize. They released spreadsheet on the forums and that is what I'm basing my estimate on. You could see how many characters logged on. Anyway my number might be too high.
  • notanyfox#3644
    notanyfox#3644 Posts: 190 Arc User
    The game population has decreased because it's pay to win and the main content of the game is to do boring daily quests.
    Battle of survival is a disappointment because a lot of people in there are afk. And a buff difference will determine the outcome of a fight so you have to spend time farming mobs to find attack lvl buff to be able to kill the few playing ppl. At least it's good to see undergeared kids pretending they lose because of gear difference like Joe get put back in their place. :p
    Stupidity at its finest :
    "Deity sin vs Josd Dusk -> Dusk wins.
    Josd sin vs deity dusk -> Sin wins by far."
    Special Kid Joe 2016
  • lax
    lax Posts: 96 Arc User
    PWE is a dead company, no spend promo for christmas. Probably because their Anniversary promo and their other spend promo crossed over and people were able to get 3 NP cards. China probably told them no doing events to give 3 cards! Which is what people were hoping for with Christmas/New Years.

I don't even see a new year spend promo yet, aka they only care about their charge rewards to hopefully get people to buy without the spend, and some people really are stupid enough to charge 5grand without a double charge or spend promo to get 2x the points they normally would. Normal sane people are not willing to spend anything on this game without charge/spend or double charge on a dead game because without those the dollar value just isn't worth it.

Games dead because PWE doesn't care about any players, events, or anything fun they used to have in the past. Arena rest? nope Map reset? nope Snowmen? nope Hyper FC? nope. What has it been 2 years since a GM posted on this forum about any maintenance or patch notes? we didn't even get an announcement for the expansions they just drop randomly whenever they feel like it now.
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    lax wrote: »
    Games dead because PWE doesn't care about any players, events, or anything fun they used to have in the past.

Don't be pessimistic. If you are a pessimist, you have a negative expectation of every outcome.

Do you know, that there are Currently Active events ?
    (including those, that starts on 1st January, 2020 @ 12am)

New Year's Day is a fresh start.

P.S. If you don't like game, there is real life yet.
  • darkv0id
    darkv0id Posts: 58 Arc User
    Only about 100 players, the rest are their alts and they're all afk! :D
  • candy#2277
    candy#2277 Posts: 1 Arc User
    More gear is behind paywall and not playwall. Then only about 100 or 200 players, the rest are their alts and they're all afk. Games dead because PWE doesn't care about any players, Poor people like me, we should stop playing? ...........Yes :(