Quest Blocking in Ulfgart?

I heard from many sites that quest blocking in ulfgart is actually a banable offense with the following situation:
Player A has a bear and tries to do the quest.
Player B has NO bear and kills player A trying to do the quest (and maybe prevents him from digging the bear again)

Does player B get punished/banned for questblocking for such behaviour now?

Comments

• mitapi#9696
    mitapi#9696 Posts: 45 Arc User
    So there was a post about this recent. We can only assume as we do not have GM activity ingame or on forums, but from my perspective and understanding: yes and no.

You can kill someone with a bear without it requires you to have the quest. This is not bannable.
    But if you questblock for a longer duration or spam kill someone over and over GMs may see it as a harassment, and harassment is bannable.

Quote from GM a couple years back applying to PvP servers:
    Hey all,

Just wanted to clarify a few things since I seem to be seeing some complaints here on the forums (and via our ticket system). If you roll on a PvP server, then you sign yourself up to be killed by the enemy at any time, anywhere. As long as players are not exploiting terrain/glitching to achieve this, then they are doing nothing wrong. While it does hinder progress, that is the whole idea of a PvP server. Since that is the premise, we unfortunately cannot do anything.

Hopefully that clears things up, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

-Just a mini update. If it gets to the point that you are killing someone continually, non-stop, then we will consider it harassment, PvP server or not. If it's just a few times, or for a short amount, then it's fine.

This will be a case by case basis so exactly how many times "a few times" or "a short amount" exactly is, we will never know.
  • tannnisss
    tannnisss Posts: 8 Arc User
    So there was a post about this recent. We can only assume as we do not have GM activity ingame or on forums, but from my perspective and understanding: yes and no.

You can kill someone with a bear without it requires you to have the quest. This is not bannable.
    But if you questblock for a longer duration or spam kill someone over and over GMs may see it as a harassment, and harassment is bannable.

Quote from GM a couple years back applying to PvP servers:
    Hey all,

Just wanted to clarify a few things since I seem to be seeing some complaints here on the forums (and via our ticket system). If you roll on a PvP server, then you sign yourself up to be killed by the enemy at any time, anywhere. As long as players are not exploiting terrain/glitching to achieve this, then they are doing nothing wrong. While it does hinder progress, that is the whole idea of a PvP server. Since that is the premise, we unfortunately cannot do anything.

Hopefully that clears things up, and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

-Just a mini update. If it gets to the point that you are killing someone continually, non-stop, then we will consider it harassment, PvP server or not. If it's just a few times, or for a short amount, then it's fine.

This will be a case by case basis so exactly how many times "a few times" or "a short amount" exactly is, we will never know.

Thanks, that was really helpful.
    I hope we get some GM activity back...
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Ill ask the question but I dont think ill be able to say much back.

My advise would be to not PK people if they have PMed you to say they do not wish to be PKed. Once I dont think it will cause many problems but after they have said please leave them to get on with the quest then I would say you have your answer.

ALSO: please be reasonable to each other, calling each other out and using language not suitable for in game will cause issues. Once I have any feedback ill post what I can.

It goes with out saying be reasonable to other players.

Thanks.​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    @tannnisss Ive managed to speak to someone, The feedback they have given me is below.
    If this kind of case is excessive, non-stop, or repeated too many times, we will consider it as a form of harassment.

Intentional quest blocking violates our Terms of Service (section 15.2- h.) as it disrupts the normal flow of gameplay.

Our guidelines and policies were created to protect accounts and ensure that the game remains fair and fun for the entire community.

I think that confirms that the original post as below is still good.
    Hey all,

Thanks.​​
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    tannnisss wrote: »
    I heard from many sites that quest blocking in ulfgart is actually a banable offense with the following situation:
    Player A has a bear and tries to do the quest.
    Player B has NO bear and kills player A trying to do the quest (and maybe prevents him from digging the bear again)

Does player B get punished/banned for questblocking for such behaviour now?

Seem contrary to how it was implemented since I think you get more stacks on your bear for killing other players.

GMs don't know ****. So either cut the pk mode off and stop it from giving people extra reward for kills or leave as is. No bans.

PK server or not this is how the devs planned this instance.

• hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    heero200 wrote: »
    @tannnisss Ive managed to speak to someone, The feedback they have given me is below.
    If this kind of case is excessive, non-stop, or repeated too many times, we will consider it as a form of harassment.

Intentional quest blocking violates our Terms of Service (section 15.2- h.) as it disrupts the normal flow of gameplay.

Our guidelines and policies were created to protect accounts and ensure that the game remains fair and fun for the entire community.

Hey all,

Thanks.​​

glad you reached someone, since the support didnt have an answer for us and told us to make a thread here (which i did and got spammed by carebears).

so basically, what we predicted the day this expansion came out became real: china designed a quest that rewards you for PK and PWI plans to ...punish you for pk. whoever you spoke to, wild guess, has probably no clue about this "quest" and how it works, they just read "quest" in combination with "block" and make a decision. that the quest itself states that you get more reward for killing others, how would they know? :disappointed:

anyway, if i start the quest with 1 stack (which would be rather stupid tbh) and i kill someone with 4 stacks 4 times in a row for the maximum reward of 5, i hope thats not considered excessive, i know PWI always has been special compared to all the other regions, but that would be pretty silly.
  • deceitsoul
    deceitsoul Posts: 94 Community Moderator
    Alright going give my advice here .
    1. Try to go with friends or when there isnt that many people around.

2. You dont need to kill other players to get better stack , just refresh till get red quest ( gives 5). Costly yes but easy.
    --/**Ticket- Support**\----/**Rules of Conduct**\-->

----/**Administrator of Mod team**\-->
    Inquires or questions inbox here
    Or reach me in-game
    Ouln -Etherblade Server
  • mitapi#9696
    mitapi#9696 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    hoshichan wrote: »
    anyway, if i start the quest with 1 stack (which would be rather stupid tbh) and i kill someone with 4 stacks 4 times in a row for the maximum reward of 5, i hope thats not considered excessive, i know PWI always has been special compared to all the other regions, but that would be pretty silly.

I agree this would be really silly
    Same goes for killing someone a few times while you dont have the quest imo.

I would surely hope its only when it taken to more extreme (forexample, hunting down the same person every day possible or for a longer period of time just to take away as many stacks as you can - yeah thats a no go in my opinion)

-
    @deceitsoul also came with good examples of what a player can do to avoid getting PKed if they really want to avoid PvP. I myself usually go with a friend on a not-prime-time timeslot, and I actually bring an alt along as well so I can kill it for free stacks for my main!
    But Ill admit I've also killed people with quest before both while I had quest, and while I didnt have quest o:)
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    the reports are getting out of hand, today i was having a 1v1 (i had a bear, they had a bear), then 2 random bear-people jumped in to attack me. at this point, their "questblocking" argument is completely invalid, since they could have just simply minded their own business and continued the quest, yet they chose to fight and both died.

now they want to report my wife for helping me and turning a 1v3 into a fair 2v3?

what is wrong with this community, really. crying, complaing and reporting for the heck of it, just to retaliate over a game?
    china would have a massive laugh about us.

anyway, judging from the conversations we had with the support, one thing is pretty much clear: neither do they care, nor do they know if they have any rules or what rules they have, so at this point Ulfgard pretty much becomes FreeForAll/Outlaw land.
  • brantanor
    brantanor Posts: 72 Arc User
    From what i understand, on the server i play on, which is a PvE server, some players (only a handful) especially go to the pk zone and stay there to pk others doing their quest. Their main interest is to harass others and less into their quest. Their names are very well known in worldchat and nearly every day someone (or multiple players) complain about that issue.

As i see it, pking in a pk zone is normal, as long as it doesn't come to the forementioned 'harassment'. In such cases
    the GM, which in fact IS sometimes present (albeit not often), should issue a ban warning to those harassing players. If they don't stop after a gm warning, they should be permabanned if their harassment continues.

Imo, most of the time the harassers, no matter their age, are failures in real life and try to compensate for that in a game. Pking is fine, as is letting off some steam. But after a while the repeating behavior gets pathetic. But it's still funny as hell if in turn they die and start whining in wc about pve players. Sad little people. Thank God i don't have to deal with their ****.
  • tannnisss
    Thank you alot @hero200
  • tannnisss
    heero200 wrote: »

Hey all,

Thanks.​​

Thank you for your efforts.
  • alphadevil1991
    alphadevil1991 Posts: 99 Arc User
    There are 3 cases when you kill another player in ulfgard:
    1. your opponent doesnt have a bear - dont mind why not PK around if you like. how already said: stop it if he please you to stop it, elsehow its herrassment.

2. both you and your opponent got a bear. you kill him for getting a better load or he kills you, whatever, it how this quest is ment to be.
    I personally dont like the idea of killing ppl with only 1 load left, since u ruin their whole daylie. also i just move as fast as i can when i got a full load of 5.
    anyway i cant understand players who start to insult you already when u killed them the 1st time ever for an additional load.

3. you dont have a bear but your opponent got one: i dont think its a fine act to PK someone with a bear when dont have one your own and your not in need of it, so just let ppl go.