Coins

Options
lr48
lr48 Posts: 4 Arc User
I am curious about the new silver coins. How is it going to effect players who do not have a bundle of gold in the game? You can't use the silver to buy armor or weapons or books. So what happens when a player runs out of gold to buy those items? Why can't we change the silver into gold? Seems if we can change gold into silver we could do the reverse. I have been playing this game since 2009 and have never reached even close to $100,000,000. I do good to have 50 mill. My main has about $10 mill right now. I am disabled and cannot afford to spend loads of money on this game. So where does this new currency put the players who have a limited income to live on? I have no doubt that other disabled, retired, or even children cannot get the money to spend on here. I got my armor by gathering herbs and selling them. Without that I would not have anything worth wearing.

Answers

• engrish#1692
    engrish#1692 Posts: 41 Arc User
    Options
    I am a player who doesn't have gold but I also don't need a large amount of coins to have a bit of fun. Think gold coins are only needed if I wanted to buy something from other people but I only want to have some fun while playing. Like you I have a limited income and in my case spending my money on food instead of my old computer or any game that works on it. As for PWI for me the silver coins are important so I can repair stuff. My armor is from QSM but I know I need to work on my armor and weapon once I reach 100. Currently I'm level 83 so not in the need of books I think.
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Options
    lr48 wrote: »
    I am curious about the new silver coins. How is it going to effect players who do not have a bundle of gold in the game? You can't use the silver to buy armor or weapons or books. So what happens when a player runs out of gold to buy those items? Why can't we change the silver into gold? Seems if we can change gold into silver we could do the reverse. I have been playing this game since 2009 and have never reached even close to $100,000,000. I do good to have 50 mill. My main has about $10 mill right now. I am disabled and cannot afford to spend loads of money on this game. So where does this new currency put the players who have a limited income to live on? I have no doubt that other disabled, retired, or even children cannot get the money to spend on here. I got my armor by gathering herbs and selling them. Without that I would not have anything worth wearing.

According Gold Coins' data:
    Gold coins are a tradeable type of currency that can be used to purchase items from other players. Gold coins can be dropped on the ground, traded to other players, used in Consignment Shops, Commission Shops, and in the Auction House. As of the Wings of Rebirth Content Update, all regular coins were converted into gold coins. You can hold a total of 1 billion gold coins in your inventory, and 2 billion gold coins in your bank.
    Gold coins can be acquired by selling certain items to NPCs or trading with other players. Items that can be sold to NPCs for gold coins include Ten Million Big Notes, Perfect Iron Hammers, Five Million Big Notes, Bounty Nice Guy Cards, and Bounty Noble Man Cards. The two bounty cards can be acquired through Bounty Hunter quests and are replacements for Ecstasy Cards and Excitement Cards. Five Million Big Notes can be acquired by owning Territories on the main map.

You can't convert silver coins into gold coins, because silver coins can be acquired through many more means, than gold coins: during completing quests, as monster loot, or selling items to NPCs and because using gold coins you can buy gold in the Auction House.

• lr48
    lr48 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Options
    It doesn't help players like me who can't afford to put money on the game. I don't have a billion or millions of gold like the players who have sunk money into this game. I play because I enjoy it but limiting how you can get gold will be a problem. Thanks anyways.
  • xrougex#9184
    xrougex#9184 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    All I can suggest is that you find another server to play Perfect World with. If you want to have fun playing this game but if a huge paywall is preventing you on achieving that, I suggest you try out private servers.

I was having fun playing this game before too but as time goes on, I wasn't feeling it anymore. A friend told me to try out private server but I was hesitant because I have already progress so far into this game and I didn't want to start all over again, I tried it anyways. All I can say after trying it out was that, it was the wisest decision I made.

That is just my own opinion, the choice is all yours if you want to stay in this game and hopefully you find fun while playing it or you can try out other games.
    ealZu5M.png