Sound problem

nathangq9
nathangq9 Posts: 7 Arc User
Music Vol and Effect Vol = 0 and after update i have problem i hear annoying sounds
how it fix it? i see many pepls in WC who have same problem
now im need open my sound mixer and OFF PWI sounds =/

Comments

• liilith#1190
    liilith#1190 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Sorry if someone has already asked about this but what on earth is going on with the sounds!! All was ok yesterday, I play on a desktop pc 99% of the time & always have sound effects on..tonight before I knew it was a pwi issue I pulled all my pc out & checked all the sound/speaker connections to find that most of my faction who have the sounds on it kinda like 'misfiring' sounds awful..what is broken now????
  • liilith#1190
    liilith#1190 Posts: 9 Arc User
    I put a post in the Help section, lets hope they see it..damn awful sounds especially when you play on a desktop pc with surround sound!
  • jyleelee
    jyleelee Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I thought my pc was messing up, I had the same.
  • mobgobblers
    mobgobblers Posts: 35 Arc User
    fix for this problem.
    on your PC's home screen right click on the speaker icon bottom right corner of your screen.
    select open volume mixer
    turn PWI sound down
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Ive seen a few people with sound problems in WC as well.

They have defaulted their settings and this appeared to work.

Im sure this wont work for eveyone but its worth a try.

Thanks.

PS moving to Tech Support.​​
  • aradriel
    aradriel Posts: 73 Arc User
    Everyone I've talked to so far in my faction has this issue, ugh it's beyond annoying. I tried the default settings thing but it didn't work sadly.
    Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
    Not-so-perfect world'er since Jan. 2010.
  • mobgobblers
    mobgobblers Posts: 35 Arc User
    you also need to be running PWI when you click on your speaker icon, all i know is that it worked for me,maybe i'm just special but somehow i dont think i'd be that lucky
  • bubblemaster123
    bubblemaster123 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Bumping this because somehow it's still an issue with no fix. Anyone come up with something in the past five months?
  • animeclub
    animeclub Posts: 2 Arc User
    So I clicked "Default" in the settings menu and the glitch went away. I changed SCREEN RESOLUTION and it came back. What kinda glitch is this that audio bugs would be tied to screen resolution?
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    My guess on the matter is after dealing with this for the past 30mins - despite muting the sounds the game still tries to broadcast the audio for whatever reason resulting into the weird noices. This is apparent when you tab out of active screen while autoing/macroing, you`ll hear skill sound. Just mute PWI from mixer, havent figured another workaround for this. Hopefully next expansion does something for this, ru patchnotes said something bout upgrading 64bit client performance.