Why did DQ items lose NPC value ?

losera
losera Posts: 36 Arc User
Does anybody know the exact or vague reasoning for when that happened ?

I was just playing path of exile and decided to spend money for more stash space and i am super satisfied for what i got out of it, even if it's not necessarily p2w. The thing is, that i never really liked path of exile for a long time, but once i figured out how to actually have a somewhat viable build, i could actually play it and being able to just collect currency in that game has its own joy to it. And that remembered me of these other games, that i used to play, both of which completely destroyed the discrete way of farming for especially players of any lvl(which includes mid- and low lvls of course). Not that anybody would be super fond of "farming" or "grinding" anyway, but it's 1 of the fun activities to collect some money..or maybe "earn" it..idk.
Either way, looking at the gold prices, i don't think, that reducing the value of DQ items made that any better, if anything it would make it worse for people, who just want to farm their coin.

I really don't understand the reasoning behind that..after all from something like this i have less of a reason to play the game.
At almost the same time, another game, that i used to play, also started reducing the NPC value of common items and making them drop less frequently, as well. I have invested money in both of these games, but even as a "p2w", i have alot less reason to play either of them in regard to these type of updates.

I remember, that 1 time, when i wanted to try to play path of exile, it was so laggy, that it was absolutely unenjoyable and i didn't play it on that day. I was completely f2p at that time, but now that i have invested, i still wouldn't play on a day as laggy as that. So, if such a thing(getting rid of ppl to reduce lag, literally) was for example the reasoning behind reducing NPC item values, then i could at least see a reason. But other than that, i don't see any.

So, if anybody knows, i'm just curious..i mean even if i come back to these games to check the updates, the game or the games are what they are..just plenty of cash shop and rip-off updates and even when there is a content update it's hard for me to enjoy the quest-imprisonment at least in pwi.

I'm not saying, that DQ item values would get me back, but it certainly is a compelling reason to play the game and it also makes it alot more fair. And with "play the game" i do not by any means mean "play the game at all". I mean more like to actually play the game and have fun, like being free in an "open world".

Also, this isn't some sort of rant or complaint, although you may view it that way, if you really want to, but no. This is just me explaining my view and i am literally just trying to figure out the reason behind it..I do not want to think, that the game owners just like to oppress their players and neither do i find it realistic, that games would drive people away just to reduce lag(lol). And if there is some sort of economy-science-related reason or unrelated reason or perhaps some other reason, i would like to know it, because i used to play these games, i have invested in them, and i find, that reducing the item values only takes away fun factor and nothing more.

If it does anything else, at all, i would really like to know.

Also..unless you want to be releasing epic cinematics, battles and stories 24/7, there are only so many ways to keep a person entertained, so...why would you shoot yourself in the leg by removing them ? Unless you really want to reduce the lag by driving people away from your games..? (._. )???
279591113da452760ba99c01c8ae4652087a1d2d.png

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,797 Community Moderator
    DQ was being abused by bots, so they took the coin away.

Now the change in coin system it would be nice to put DQ back. tho it may never happen as the 48 hour rule would still cause issues at some point im sure.

Thanks.​​
  • losera
    losera Posts: 36 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »

Now the change in coin system it would be nice to put DQ back. tho it may never happen as the 48 hour rule would still cause issues at some point im sure.

Thanks.​​

PWI has its own built-in botting system(using ctr+f12 to setup and f12 to start), which they probably ported/inspired from ether saga, which was yet another great game, dunno why they had to close that, but whatever. And i do appreciate the built-in botting-system.

Currently, whenever i log in, even if i don't play long, i am usually greeted by a fresh in-game mail from a character with randomized name offering to sell me coin for real money. That issue persists.

Regarding botting in general, i have before been perma-banned once due to spam-bot-chat-detection while i was having a regular conversation with a friend ingame. I may have even been using party or whisper chat or something else, that was not intrusive for whatever the sometimes rather offensive standard of world chat might be. So your anti-bot-system detected me (a regular user), who wasn't botting at all. I may have typed fast, but that must be, because i may have been in the heat of a discussion. Anyway, i had to send a ticket, and obviously due to forum policies i wasn't even allowed to talk about it here!

Just imagine you have an anti-spam system, that can detect average users(and i was a user with many years and over hundred euro invested and usually not ill-behaving as far as i can tell anyway <.<) and the forum policies don't even allow me to warn people about it, i'll quote:

"18. No public discussion about disciplinary action administered to members.
    This rule applies to both in-game actions and forum actions. If you have any questions regarding in-game rules, disciplinary actions, user bans, etc., please contact the support team. If you have any questions regarding forum issues, please contact a moderator or the Community Manager via private message."
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi/#/discussion/604726/pwi-community-forums-rules-of-conduct-v1-0-read-meh

Yes, i have been unbanned after submitting a ticket regarding this issue, but i've already experienced the perma-ban, so if you want to do whatever you have to do, i don't care, since i'm just speaking the truth.

If i am still eligible to continue my question, then here is a thing about gold-sellers from wikipedia:
    "While most game operators ban the practice of selling in-game currency for real-world cash,[1] gold farming is lucrative because it takes advantage of economic inequality and the fact much time is needed to earn in-game currency.[4] Rich players from developed countries, wishing to save many hours of playing time, are willing to pay substantial sums to gold farmers from developing countries.[5]"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_farming

I had read an article about gold sellers being forced to farm in chinese prisons, when i researched that once, but i don't have it available. Either way my point being, there are real people, who try to earn money, and they are still out there.

So, in summary:
    -The game got less enjoyable(DQ)
    -Actual players(not just bots) get detected(i am the living proof !, and hopefully not one to be removed from the equasion..the bots wont go away or the gold sellers or whatever...)
    -People still sell coin and they do it so well, that all i have to do is log in and check auction house in archosaur for..idk maybe 1 hour at most? And i will have an ingame mail offering me coin

Where there are desirable things, there will always be people trying to take advantage of it..now i don't know(again if i'm still eligible to talk by your unbearable policies!!!!) where the heart of the issue is..was it an impact on performance? or just players didn't feel good about bots and that was all? maybe it was too crowded?? I don't know..either way i would like to think, that i'm the one with the problem here or just a person with issues, but(!) i can prove you wrong once again:

27891909729a9c9b924867adeca8734dd88a5ef4.png

I don't know my exact google region settings etc., but this is the search link, that i used, if you want to verify it for yourself:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=perfect+world&rlz=1C1CHBF_deDE853DE853&oq=perfect+world&aqs=chrome..69i57.4439j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

It says "83% liked this video game"..but the audience reviews aren't as appealing and i can see why to some degree.

Anyway, if i am still eligible to ask my question, since i wrote, that i have been PERMABANNED for ..chatting..?..too fast?..

Anyway, if i am still eligible to ask, then..did the reduction of DQ item values serve its purpose? Did it have a positive impact on the game ? I don't mean it in a critical or sarcastic way, i mean like literally, you have seen all the loss of the game and the players, that i have written about..but i'd yet have to see a single gain.

If you say, that it was, because uhmm..."bots" were "abusing", then at least are those bots gone now ?
    I mean obviously, even the players are gone now for most part in those areas anyway and botting at worthless DQ items would hardly make any sense..

Okay, i will re-phrase my question to a statement:
    I acknowledge, that keeping DQ items worthless might be inevitable in order to keep bots away from PWI, however due to the unfortunate incident, that i had been detected by a anti-spam-system, i quote "We've checked the account and it seems to have been auto blocked"..due to that incident i may have lost my ability to put faith in simple measurements such as simply making all items worthless in order to drive away bots.

gg and g.. ;p!

(the third g stands for grind gear games, who made path of exile..because i can have FUN there!!! believe it or not.......)
    279591113da452760ba99c01c8ae4652087a1d2d.png
  • lax
    lax Posts: 96 Arc User
    When DQ coin value got removed we were supposed to get DQ points to make up for them to give free items etc. You could get MoG charms mounts etc. There was a bug to make the MoG's tradeable, china got mad and removed the system. Now we are just stuck with 1 coin dq's and nothing to use it for :). Bring back DQ points.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,797 Community Moderator
    lax wrote: »
    When DQ coin value got removed we were supposed to get DQ points to make up for them to give free items etc. You could get MoG charms mounts etc. There was a bug to make the MoG's tradeable, china got mad and removed the system. Now we are just stuck with 1 coin dq's and nothing to use it for :). Bring back DQ points.

DQ coins where normal at that point, they got changed after.

They also did say we will be sorting DQ points ( Can anyone say multi client ) So very off the list. Tho I would love to see some expansion from the Silver coins or Gold coins from DQ.

Thanks.​​
  • zeevhaora
    zeevhaora Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Since silver/golden coin system has implemented would be really nice they restore old prices of DQs in silver coins, to make a way easier to people pay fees to learn skill books / forge gears / improve homestead. No involved market in general and no causing mess with server economy. Same restore old values of quest rewards.

Someone else in forums suggest a different ratio when PWI decide for a conversion silver into golden ones. Maybe 1 golden : 100 silver or maybe 1:1000 or other. This and a limit from total possible to convert per toon can keep things balanced.

DQ points was wonderful too, could bring it back as upgrade combined with rewards used to come only in redeem codes, other nice thing and approved by player community than PWI decide give up and make people move their attention and wallets to other games.

Other interested thing with DQs PW could implement since past with DQs is continue progression of quests to open slots in safe bank. Why use only 5 of each DQ20 to 3rd line, then 10 of each DQ31 to 4th line and end there? Why no...

33 - 40: 15 dqs41
    41 - 48: 20 dqs51
    49 - 56: 25 dqs 61
    57 - 64: 30 dqs 71
    65 - 72: 35 dqs 81
    73 - 80: 40 dqs 91
    81 - 88: 50 dqs 100 (this one no show level)
    89 - 96: 100 dqs 100.

[BTW and no related with it, fix that damn issue with super inventory stone, super safe stone and super cage make it useless if u have partially maximized with small ones then decide use one of these "super", make it useless and need a 2nd to take effect would be nice too, its annoying need ticket it asking to resolve each time]

Also, make DQs one thing again (while will be tradeable) maybe can open room to one new market niche to all those cry-babes complain there "no more farm way, good bye pwi" and make that assassin skill "Spoil of the war" usefull.

At finish, reconsider DQs can bring back tons of old players again cause nostalgia.
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    losera wrote: »
    heero200 wrote: »

Thanks.​​

PWI has its own built-in botting system(using ctr+f12 to setup and f12 to start) ...

I think, that this thread has answer already:
    "While exist bots DQ value can't be brought back."

As mentioned @heero200 above (about issues with 48 hours rule):
    You cannot convert silver coins into gold coins normally, but for the first 48 hours a player logs in on or after October 23rd, 2019, they will be able to convert their silver coins into gold coins freely.