Content Update – October 23rd 2019 Bugs and Changes

13»

Comments

• fototoll#8198
    fototoll#8198 Posts: 9 Arc User
    New Quest Chain on Royal X
    I started this quest chain right after update, complited fiev quests from it and left it for a next days.
    Today wanted to conitune, but there in possible to do it, its not in searching quests, or in continued, or anywhere. I can not trash it, because is also not in mine quests. And I can not pick it anywhere.
  • bhaven
    bhaven Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2019

That's not refunds. That's land pay.... Refunds are in excitement cards which are silver.
  • lax
    lax Posts: 96 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    donnamia wrote: »

After the update my names are too long for me to receive any mail. This includes the GM mail which I was looking forward to. My friends can't post me messages or items. It is extremely frustrating. I posted a ticket and was told to "go onto the forum and complain because it is a developers problem we don't deal with programming issues." So why bother having a ticker system if nothing can be done about the problems you are experiencing. So....WHO DO I TELL and how do I get it fixed. PWI please fix the mailing problem before I go NUTS. ty

Please log a ticket with support for this issue.

Thanks.

lmfao you sound just like support. The thing is support tells you go post complaints on a dead forum we don't fix these issues let the developers see them. Is the exact response I got too.
  • padautz17
    padautz17 Posts: 66 Arc User
    bhaven wrote: »

That's not refunds. That's land pay.... Refunds are in excitement cards which are silver.

are the excitement / ecstasy cards tradeable? if so then just create a new character (new toons can convert gold<->silver for 48 hours) and trade the cards to this character - its a bit of extra work but this way you will be able to get your gold coins back.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    New Quest Chain on Royal X
    I started this quest chain right after update, complited fiev quests from it and left it for a next days.
    Today wanted to conitune, but there in possible to do it, its not in searching quests, or in continued, or anywhere. I can not trash it, because is also not in mine quests. And I can not pick it anywhere.

Parts of the quest chain are locked behind Historical Phases and will unlock over time. If you check the map in the Western Steppes you will see it around the top left corner. I believe there are a total of 4 Historical Phases.

From what I've read from other versions of perfect world, there are no daily quests to complete each Historical Phase, but it will just make progress on its own over time so it'll eventually get unlocked. I'm not sure if there's anything else that can be done to make them go faster.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • affinityjjl
    affinityjjl Posts: 23 Arc User
    obielle wrote: »
    jayveno69 wrote: »
    We did the couple's instance. Hubby got it completed and given karma. I didn't receive anything and still doesn't show completed :/

From what I can see there's two different quests for males and females and they have slightly different objectives. For males they just need to do the embrace action. For females they need to embrace and then kiss (while in the embrace).

Is there a guide yet for how to do it? I don't quite understand the instructions. :(
  • kathiawellina
    kathiawellina Posts: 64 Arc User
    @affinityjjl From what I understood is, the male is going the white stairs and the female the pink stairs. There is no guide for it yet and no instructions. When i was doing it for first time, I was angry, because it felt like it's going nowhere. Then we found, I had a trigger on the stairs, where I needed to step on. Then there came few white floors with trigger on wall for my husband. But at the point with the element immune mob, we had a point, that we weren't able to proceed, as I had a door, which must have openened, somehow, but nothing opened it. But the missing bridge piece never appeared close to the element immune mob. Guess DB's just can use relentless drift there, but as mag classes, we don't have jumps. So I used holy path. And riddled our way up to the top. There like obielle said, the females don't see the path, they have to go. That is a pathway, that is probably solved by trust, if it's not bugged. My husband saw those, because of some stealth detection increase. Probably the squad leaders get stealth detection is for squad leader? Oh not to forget, that when you enter the path of your partner or any white spot as female you get knocked down. Into the river with endless rubberband. If you land in water, dont swim at surface, just swim down to the bottom to get out of it. And if you running 64-bit client, you may crash upon entering that instance. It crashed for me, so my husband was leader of instance. Usually he can't enter west, without getting disconnected, due to the amount of catshops there, so I am always squad leader.
    Venomancer "Nalaira" from Dawnglory Server 18th August 2015
    Venomancer "Nehilenia" from Twilight Temple Server (Ex-Sanctuary) 12~14th Nov' 2008 - December 2012
    bannergzjd0.png
  • obielle
    edited October 2019
    Is there a guide yet for how to do it? I don't quite understand the instructions. :(

I'll be working on a wiki page for it in the future but I'm not sure if it'll be available this week - I have the info and can write it down, but I think some images will be needed to make it less confusing and I'll need to gather those.

EDIT: I'm currently working on adding the instructions to a wiki page now. When I'm done writing them I'll make another reply here with a link. Note that the page I link may not have images on it so it may still be confusing until I have time to add the images.
    Post edited by obielle on

• obielle
    edited October 2019
    Okay, I'm back and I somehow managed to write out a full guide on the Couple Instance. You can find it here: https://pwi.gamepedia.com/Dream_Grove (EDIT: There's diagrams for part 5 now! Other images will be added later when I have time to edit them all)

It may be confusing to follow because there is a lot to do and it's difficult to explain in words, so please go through it slowly step-by-step. It'll be a lot less confusing as you do it each week.

There are not many images at the moment but I'm going to be adding these sometime tomorrow or so - I've gathered most of the images I need. On the fifth step there are two diagrams which I hope will help people who may have trouble figuring out which blocks to jump on.

I'll be working on adding some more of the new content on the wiki and will post them in the Wiki Updates thread later on (you can find the link in my signature). The patch notes are also being worked on and I hope to finish them by tonight or tomorrow.
    Post edited by obielle on

• affinityjjl
    affinityjjl Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Thank you @kathiawellina for the info and thank you very much @obielle for all the hard work you put in to make the guide. This uber noob really appreciate the help <3:D

oh and apologies to all for hijacking this thread to ask a noob question. >.<
  • obielle
    And nowwwwwww time to dump the list of Patch Notes for the Content Update! You can find all the additions/changes/etc here: https://pwi.gamepedia.com/PWI_Wings_of_Rebirth/Content_Update_Patch_Notes

It's about a week late but there were so many patch notes to check through that it took longer than expected. Just about everything was translated from Chinese, so I'm sure I've missed some stuff here and there but the more important stuff should be there. I'll be doing my best to add more of the new content onto the wiki over the next few weeks.

• irmoose
    irmoose Posts: 72 Arc User
    Arabian horses are skating across the land. lol Their animations are broke, except the idle moving. Dunno if the other horses are broken. Just check Etherblade near the auction house to see.
  • indeterminate
    indeterminate Posts: 22 Arc User
    Ok, so on top of all the buttons under the chat window not working, now I discovered the skill menu button doesn't work, and the skill menu also cannot be accessed with the keyboard shortcut, nor can the expressions menu.

I'm not the only one this has happened to.

No more money wasted on this game, for me anyway.
  • obielle
    Ok, so on top of all the buttons under the chat window not working, now I discovered the skill menu button doesn't work, and the skill menu also cannot be accessed with the keyboard shortcut, nor can the expressions menu.

I'm not the only one this has happened to.

No more money wasted on this game, for me anyway.

It seems that the windows are appearing off-screen for a lot of people. There's a couple of suggestions I can give to fix these issues and they may fix your chat box issues too.

First, try resetting your graphics settings in the patcher before you open your client. This can sometimes reset the positions of windows and might fix your issue immediately.

There's also another method you can try but it does require going into your PWI files for it. This is a quote from other posts where other players had similar issues:
    To find the files, go to userdata > layout, for example C:\PWI_en\element\userdata\Layout

In this folder you'll see a bunch of .ini files with numbers, the name of the file is your character's ID. The easiest way to figure out which one is the correct file is to log into your character, move something around (skill bar or quest tracker for example) and then log off. The most recently modified file in that folder will be the one you're looking for.

If you just wanna reset everything you can just delete the file - it will be recreated after you log in and out and the position of a lot of windows and such will be reset.

• indeterminate
    Next: Just found out Assistant Wang Tsai is not usable.

I've already tried resetting gfx before I posted here.
  • darkv0id
    darkv0id Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    The game is on death row, this update inflicted a deep wound in the game! Half the catshops are gone, you can't sell anything unless you give it away practically, difficult to get a full squad for anything. Tic Toc
  • cuddybob
    cuddybob Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Bring back 32 Bit client, I absolutely hate being forced to play 64 bit, i white screen or discconnect EVERY freaking time i teleport somewhere, enter a instance, go in my homestead, not to mention 64 bit has been messing up my graphic cards and causing video card freezes which has NEVER happened on my PC because it can handle any games max graphics, but since this update it been crashing ALOT.

Also the 64 bit strains your eyes more then 32 bit, i can't play long periods anymore cos it hurts my eyes :( or you get headaches from it, i have a few friends with same issue since forced to play 64 bit.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    lax wrote: »
    heero200 wrote: »
    donnamia wrote: »

After the update my names are too long for me to receive any mail. This includes the GM mail which I was looking forward to. My friends can't post me messages or items. It is extremely frustrating. I posted a ticket and was told to "go onto the forum and complain because it is a developers problem we don't deal with programming issues." So why bother having a ticker system if nothing can be done about the problems you are experiencing. So....WHO DO I TELL and how do I get it fixed. PWI please fix the mailing problem before I go NUTS. ty

Please log a ticket with support for this issue.

Thanks.

lmfao you sound just like support. The thing is support tells you go post complaints on a dead forum we don't fix these issues let the developers see them. Is the exact response I got too.

Their are a few things support can deal with easily. And it's needs to be logged with them in this case.

Thanks.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    cuddybob wrote: »
    Bring back 32 Bit client, I absolutely hate being forced to play 64 bit, i white screen or discconnect EVERY freaking time i teleport somewhere, enter a instance, go in my homestead, not to mention 64 bit has been messing up my graphic cards and causing video card freezes which has NEVER happened on my PC because it can handle any games max graphics, but since this update it been crashing ALOT.

Also the 64 bit strains your eyes more then 32 bit, i can't play long periods anymore cos it hurts my eyes :( or you get headaches from it, i have a few friends with same issue since forced to play 64 bit.

The game will now auto-detect whether you are using a 32-bit or a 64-bit operating system. If you are using a 64-bit operating system, the 64-bit client will launch instead of the original 32-bit one. You can still choose to launch the 32-bit client instead if you wish, by going into the graphics settings in the patcher and unchecking the 64-bit client option. A message will appear when you launch the game notifying you if you are using the 64-bit client, and where to change the setting if you wish to use the 32-bit client instead.

Info from the wiki hope this helps.

Thanks.
  • cuddybob
    cuddybob Posts: 6 Arc User
    That doesnt work, even if uncheck it still auto runs as 64 and bypasses that i wanted 32 bit =/.
  • nareeah
    nareeah Posts: 3 Arc User
    Did it just double reset our faction base points? Once on sunday and then again on monday.
  • jyleelee
    jyleelee Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    obielle wrote: »
    Okay, I'm back and I somehow managed to write out a full guide on the Couple Instance. You can find it here: https://pwi.gamepedia.com/Dream_Grove (EDIT: There's diagrams for part 5 now! Other images will be added later when I have time to edit them all)

It may be confusing to follow because there is a lot to do and it's difficult to explain in words, so please go through it slowly step-by-step. It'll be a lot less confusing as you do it each week.

There are not many images at the moment but I'm going to be adding these sometime tomorrow or so - I've gathered most of the images I need. On the fifth step there are two diagrams which I hope will help people who may have trouble figuring out which blocks to jump on.

I'll be working on adding some more of the new content on the wiki and will post them in the Wiki Updates thread later on (you can find the link in my signature). The patch notes are also being worked on and I hope to finish them by tonight or tomorrow.

Great guide. Also to note, you can complete this instance twice a week with either the husband or wife as the squad leader who starts the trial (once each). So in total you can earn 600 points per week from this instance instead of just 300 points .

Not sure if it's intended to be like this or a bug but I noticed it after my toon didn't have the complete stamp but my husbands toon did. This was corrected when we completed it a 2nd time with myself as lead and earned the extra points.
  • indeterminate
    Still no fix on the broken buttons.

tbh idc any more, I log to do HS and TW, and that's it.

Better to waste spend my money on vintage electronics test gear, at least I get enjoyment from it, and a profit too, sometimes.
  • shawnswife
    shawnswife Posts: 14 Arc User
    1. Still having major issues on some of my accounts. I keep getting D/C trying to go into different places or change up the land I want to go to. Some accounts, I get D/C on before I can even get the toon logged on. Not sure what is up with that.
    2. The screen seems off kilter, can not see the height you are flying at in the upper right corner. Also, there is no border on the sides of the screen, this makes you finding yourself off your screen if you don't play as full screen.
    3. One other thing is everything is so bright now, it hurts your eyes. I mean REALLY hurts your eyes, they feel so strained before you can even get your dailies done. Please fix this.
    4. The horses in towns are broken.

Those are the things I have noticed, also, sometimes when you care clicking on putting your wings on or clicking a skill, it doesn't always work the first time. Sometimes you have to click on them several times to get done what you are attempting to get done.

Thank you for the guide for the new couple's instance. Very helpful... Now if only I could learn how to jump better.... lol
    Thanks for all you do for the people in game.

Sincerely,
    NakedGirl =105 X 3 cleric -ET server is my main.

• indeterminate
    Great, bury the topic where no-one can see it.

No-one from pwi/pwe reads anything on these forums, the only point to having a bug thread is to warn potential players as far as I'm concerned.

Still, they'll find out soon enough, hopefully before they spend any money.
  • hdoggy
    hdoggy Posts: 28 Arc User
    Great, bury the topic where no-one can see it.

No-one from pwi/pwe reads anything on these forums, the only point to having a bug thread is to warn potential players as far as I'm concerned.

Still, they'll find out soon enough, hopefully before they spend any money.
    They can't do anything about it anyway. The devs are in China.
  • alphadevil1991
    alphadevil1991 Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    shawnswife wrote: »
    1. Still having major issues on some of my accounts. I keep getting D/C trying to go into different places or change up the land I want to go to. Some accounts, I get D/C on before I can even get the toon logged on. Not sure what is up with that.

how about stop multiaccounting/clienting, when your system cant run it?