Disconnected from server. Try reconnecting?

aradriel
aradriel Posts: 73 Arc User
Greetings all--

Before I try stuff like repairing PWI (which would involve a ton of time with the game inaccessible, so would love to avoid if possible) I thought I'd post here for advice.

For the past month or so, since I installed PWI on my laptop, I've been having major disconnect issues on all of my accounts. This happens whenever I load PWI from Arc, and try to log in whatever character I logged OUT from. I'll always get the "Disconnected from server. Try reconnecting?" error. If I log an alt on the account, then back to character select, THEN log my main, I'll usually avoid the problem. This is slow and annoying to do (especially when trying to load in multiple accounts from, say, a DC from an FSJ run or trials or something) but it's made worse by the fact that I often DC in this way (same error) when trying to enter Ulfgard (and wind up stuck in Ulfgard, unable to access the toon). I've not been to DC or xNW since playing on my laptop, so unsure if the issue persists there.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem? Not bothering to send in a ticket cause... yeah... 95% of the time with technical problems you get redirected here anyway...
Raging Tides/Tideswell
Arandelle | Cleric
Aradriela | Wizard
Not-so-perfect world'er since Jan. 2010.

Comments

• engrish#1692
    engrish#1692 Posts: 41 Arc User
    I have dc's all the time but most when visiting Archosaur. My solution is to avoid the places if I want to log off and have all my settings on 'low'.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Hmm, I haven't had this issue specifically. The first thing I can think of is maybe it could be a firewall or antivirus that might possibly be conflicting with PWI?
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • aradriel
    Hmm... don't think there's any issue there, good suggestion though thanks Obielle. I've also had my graphics on minimum and that doesn't make a difference, except in my FPS. Maybe I'll try the repair option when I have time.
    Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,799 Community Moderator
    edited October 2019
    Are you using wired or wireless?

Could be a dropout issue? Odds are not tho it seams odd for it to happen at that point.

Thanks.
  • aradriel
    Ah using wired so I doubt that's the problem. Some faction mates of mine are getting the problem occasionally but not with the same regularity as I am.
    Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard