CONFIRMED!!! - All item prices going down!!! market crashed!!!

A friend of mine from china confirmed that in pwch, market crashed like hell in 3 months, price went crazy divided by 4 before market stabilized, its like, if your item cost 800m, it will become 200m, its not exact, but you'll get the ranged. shortage in coins will come she said, because of the new coin system. This will happen, not today, but it will come when coins that we have are already spend he said, i ask her what should i do, he said, i should save coins, and start selling my stuff now, then save coins for later.

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    I will open this, Dont forget this is PWI not PWCN and we do have a few different things. Things in PWI dont always go the same way as PWCN.

Tho again I will agree with this I believe this crash is what could happen.​​
  • allserver2013x
    allserver2013x Posts: 6 Arc User
    my problem is i have many items to sell, i cant sell it all in a month, should i sell cheaper so i wont get caught of this market crash? i hope, when market crash happens, i already sold all my items. another thing, should i stock coins? or boutique gold? thank you.
  • heerohex#3018
    edited October 2019
    my problem is i have many items to sell, i cant sell it all in a month, should i sell cheaper so i wont get caught of this market crash? i hope, when market crash happens, i already sold all my items. another thing, should i stock coins? or boutique gold? thank you.

Not something I can help with. This like me, is going to be something you have to decide what you are going to do and deal with it however it happens.

Thanks.​​
  • trader#9632
    trader#9632 Posts: 18 Arc User
    A friend of mine from china confirmed that in pwch, market crashed like hell in 3 months, price went crazy divided by 4 before market stabilized, its like, if your item cost 800m, it will become 200m, its not exact, but you'll get the ranged. shortage in coins will come she said, because of the new coin system. This will happen, not today, but it will come when coins that we have are already spend he said, i ask her what should i do, he said, i should save coins, and start selling my stuff now, then save coins for later.

This is true, and pretty obvious, since less coins will be made, items price will go down, you don't even need to ask your friend, just think logically lol.

Well its not a secret, gold coins are the issue here, then you should stock gold coins, eventually boutique gold price will drop too.

p.s. buying & selling items now is not recommended for me, because we don't know, when price will hit deep, I only recommend selling items now to save gold coins. well that's me, its really up to you. happy playing. :smile:
  • cyberalex
    cyberalex Posts: 20 Arc User
    there is no problem i found out a way to still transform silver coins into gold coins without hacking and it is simple maybe more plaierws noticed this but so far i am not ready to share this or give hints on how to do it so it wont be patched so soon
  • cyberalex

the boutique gold price will go down even lower then the 3999900 price of ah so i dont advize on keeping it if you dont intend to use it in the boutique
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    cyberalex wrote: »
    there is no problem i found out a way to still transform silver coins into gold coins without hacking and it is simple maybe more plaierws noticed this but so far i am not ready to share this or give hints on how to do it so it wont be patched so soon

no offense, but if you found it, the chinese people found it too and either the devs will have fixed it or decided to leave it there ;)
  • chicobentinho
    chicobentinho Posts: 4 Arc User

yep... means joj is not dead yet.. happy farming! oh wait. im not spending my wholeday doing joj. tbh homestead much better :D
  • cyberalex
    seems like there are multiple ways to transform silver coins to gold coins
  • allserver2013x
    seems like there are multiple ways to transform silver coins to gold coins

i hope i can figure it out too. thanks for the idea.
  • brantanor
    brantanor Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    The only way to get gold coins (legit) is :
    - selling items from boutique to other players
    - farming mats and selling those to other players
    - selling items through catshop
    - charging gold : either selling gold or selling items from boutique/packs/etc.

The current system allows players to get silver coins from doing quests, bh's, JJ's....etc. Those silvers can only be used for repairs, buying from npc's, crafting fees and are untradable.

Players WILL eventually run out of their gold coins, unless they charge or farm a lot and sell that to other players. But those 'other players' WILL run out of their gold coins as well. So players will drop their prices since there's less and less gold on the market.

Those that have billions in gold coin/big notes, will already have bought everything they need (unless it's a very rare high item), so do not count on those to keep the market flooded with gold coin.

Eventually prices will drop, but that also means that players who are dropping their prices, will have LESS gold coin to spend....which in turn will drop prices again...until it stabilizes at the then established offer/demand curve.

After a while (months...?) they will allow players to convert their silver coin int gold coin again for a very limited time (48hrs). This will cause an influx of gold coin again, making prices temporarily rise again, untill again it stabilizes.

This whole system allows the devs to control the market, to control the amount, and limiting it, of gold coin in the players hands. Thus fluctuating it all around a lower then current base value. And it also incentivises players to charge when there is a promotion, or to charge more regularly.

It's Economics 1 0 1.

p.s. : my advice to players : unless you absolutely need an item, save your gold coin. Prices will drop, and when it stabilizes, buy what you need. If you have alts, do bh's and/or JJ's with them, saving up silver and waiting to transfer that silver into gold whenever they will enable it in the future. Providing they will keep the ratio 1:1 , which i highly doubt. They'd probably set it so that 2B silver will be worth 20M gold... a ration of 1g : 100s or even 1K silver.
  • zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    brantanor wrote: »
    You forgot BH reward.
  • trader#9632

so this is a lie?

The current system allows players to get silver coins from doing quests, bh's, JJ's....etc. Those silvers can only be used for repairs, buying from npc's, crafting fees and are untradable.

Players WILL eventually run out of their gold coins, unless they charge or farm a lot and sell that to other players. But those 'other players' WILL run out of their gold coins as well. So players will drop their prices since there's less and less gold on the market.

Those that have billions in gold coin/big notes, will already have bought everything they need (unless it's a very rare high item), so do not count on those to keep the market flooded with gold coin.

Eventually prices will drop, but that also means that players who are dropping their prices, will have LESS gold coin to spend....which in turn will drop prices again...until it stabilizes at the then established offer/demand curve.

After a while (months...?) they will allow players to convert their silver coin int gold coin again for a very limited time (48hrs). This will cause an influx of gold coin again, making prices temporarily rise again, untill again it stabilizes.

This whole system allows the devs to control the market, to control the amount, and limiting it, of gold coin in the players hands. Thus fluctuating it all around a lower then current base value. And it also incentivises players to charge when there is a promotion, or to charge more regularly.

It's Economics 1 0 1.

p.s. : my advice to players : unless you absolutely need an item, save your gold coin. Prices will drop, and when it stabilizes, buy what you need. If you have alts, do bh's and/or JJ's with them, saving up silver and waiting to transfer that silver into gold whenever they will enable it in the future. Providing they will keep the ratio 1:1 , which i highly doubt. They'd probably set it so that 2B silver will be worth 20M gold... a ration of 1g : 100s or even 1K silver.

• cyberalex
    edited October 2019
    even 1K silver.

considering this my method is legit !
    but i can only do it 1 time each week in the weekend hope that wont give ti all away
    i suppose it its the same way just each day with hs

• heerohex#3018
    even 1K silver.

considering this my method is legit !
    but i can only do it 1 time each week in the weekend hope that wont give ti all away
    i suppose it its the same way just each day with hs

I'm aware of a few ways to exchange items which can be traded for Gold coins. All are not an issue.

Tho many of these will take a lot of coins out of circulation as well. In turn what this means we will see.

Thanks.
  • iseeucampingkid0
    iseeucampingkid0 Posts: 1 Arc User
    :) im not aware of any....good thing im one of the rich ones i guess....
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    Gold coins only disappear when using them for crafting fees, repairs etc. So when enough silver coins are collected and saved no gold coins will leave market really. Guaranteed 500k per bh is a lot of silver per day that can be saved to make cover those fees. Add in mob drops etc I just don't see the "gold" coin deflation you guys are talking about. We still have influx from best lucks and BH reward which are the biggest sources of "gold" coins.
  • ladyricana
    ladyricana Posts: 20 Arc User
    It's not that simple with the silver coins. You get only 500k per day from one bh unless you have old ones left. And alone the full repair fee for nirvana t3 set is almost half of it. And drops from monsters is ridiculously low. Even in Lothranis and Momaganon. Then there is the fact, that you can't put silver coins into account stash, to share between the toons on your account. I don't see the point, how you make a fortune saving with that.
  • shimarra
    shimarra Posts: 192 Arc User
    ladyricana wrote: »
    It's not that simple with the silver coins. You get only 500k per day from one bh unless you have old ones left. And alone the full repair fee for nirvana t3 set is almost half of it. And drops from monsters is ridiculously low. Even in Lothranis and Momaganon. Then there is the fact, that you can't put silver coins into account stash, to share between the toons on your account. I don't see the point, how you make a fortune saving with that.

If you only have the g16 gears you can stash them and have alts repair them, assuming you are doing bh on alts as well. That can help cut costs. I have r9rr and when I repair its like 700k but it's not every day. Angel of wishes can give free teleport to arch, to save on tele fees. I have few hundred don't really know where they came from. I think I just banked whatever came from check ins. Personally I just buy lightning tele stone and stash it/trade it for when I am completing things on alts. This was even before the change.

No one said make a fortune but for sure that is 500k a day you were not getting before even if it is silver. I can see if you were abusing JJ how that is devastating for a person but for most, it won't be much of a difference.

• iseeucamping
    iseeucamping Posts: 8 Arc User
    😂i want markets to crash already 20m dots
  • trader#9632
    shimarra wrote: »
    Gold coins only disappear when using them for crafting fees, repairs etc. So when enough silver coins are collected and saved no gold coins will leave market really. Guaranteed 500k per bh is a lot of silver per day that can be saved to make cover those fees. Add in mob drops etc I just don't see the "gold" coin deflation you guys are talking about. We still have influx from best lucks and BH reward which are the biggest sources of "gold" coins.

check other server, prices already starting to go down little by little, and there is a panic market selling, too many people starting to sell there stuff. Im very positive that market price will 100% go down, i personally dont like it, because i have many items to sell to but we cant stop the market, lets face it.
  • iseeucamping
    iseeucamping Posts: 8 Arc User
    shimarra wrote: »

check other server, prices already starting to go down little by little, and there is a panic market selling, too many people starting to sell there stuff. Im very positive that market price will 100% go down, i personally dont like it, because i have many items to sell to but we cant stop the market, lets face it.

Yup the servers may not be hit as bad as china was but all stuff will lose atleast half its value....😭there goes my devil stones in my shops
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I don't think economically speaking this would be considered a market crash. Yes, the price of the items goes down significantly, but that's because the value of money goes up by a lot and not because the items will be less valuable. Literally nothing will change on a big scale from a natural transition from one to the other. Though you can make some ''money'' on a small scale by freezing your current coin. Otherwise the prices dropping means literally nothing for the game, except maybe the Auction House will be usable again to trade Gold at some point.
  • trader#9632
    Its still safe to always check market price to make it sure, as of now, in my server, prices of items becoming cheaper.
  • connor008x
    connor008x Posts: 2 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    I don't think economically speaking this would be considered a market crash. Yes, the price of the items goes down significantly, but that's because the value of money goes up by a lot and not because the items will be less valuable. Literally nothing will change on a big scale from a natural transition from one to the other. Though you can make some ''money'' on a small scale by freezing your current coin. Otherwise the prices dropping means literally nothing for the game, except maybe the Auction House will be usable again to trade Gold at some point.

I agree with you, market price will go down, but we dont know yet until what low it will go. but maybe gold price will go back to 4m per gold or lower so we can use the Auction house again. lets wait till january 2020, lets see what will happen.
  • ohnohz
    ohnohz Posts: 30 Arc User
    In the Past when we had a crazy pack promo and the market got flooded with more Lucky Coins as we could consume the excess Lucky coins got always processed into coins by npc trading. With this gone the 10K per token of Luck and 150k per Lucky coin npc price is done for and this will affect all items made out of coins/token. I can see people buy in the future Lucky coins for example like 60k gold coins to make 150k Silver coins out of them for repair money and an official exchange ratio will be set.

Silver coins will never been scare

I'm more concerned that hackers might get unlimited access to the silver coin into gold coin converter and getting filthy rich converting lucky coins into gold coins via npc trade in the future.

• ohnohz
    ohnohz Posts: 30 Arc User
    Also , giving every charakter per account an individual 48h converter timer is so WRONG it should been an account wide timer. This will impact the item prices for years with no means to opose those who got 20 accounts with max char cap. Thats the biggest **** pwi pulled so far and highly unfair to any legit trader
  • mrxluo
    mrxluo Posts: 7 Arc User
    item seem to going low little by little. Guessing because A lot of people lazy to do mbh for tradeable gold coin. Maybe a year later gold "cash shop gold" would be 4m again
  • allserver2013x
    mrxluo wrote: »
    item seem to going low little by little. Guessing because A lot of people lazy to do mbh for tradeable gold coin. Maybe a year later gold "cash shop gold" would be 4m again

yeah, 50% or more are not doing MBH, these will result a big impact in the economy, items price will go down for sure. its sad, PWI always makes a big move that is unpredictable. :/