Content Update – October 23rd 2019 Bugs and Changes

Comments

• usagi#5688
    usagi#5688 Posts: 3 Arc User
    My demon wisp of shadow going from 100 to 65%.... its one of the few that had a difference on the Tech, and this happens... sage loses a second, and I lose a huge chunk of speed, just to gain the second back and sit at 65 still :/ Seriously, why did I start this character... I'm getting so bummed out. I have to get a lvl 10 yellow glyph just to get my 100% back. Jesus..
  • leana3
    leana3 Posts: 1 Arc User
    I tried to mail one of my char and the name was too long. Couldn't even copy and paste the name. I had to send it to another char on the same account. Sucks because the one I was sending it from was in the same faction as the one I was originally sending to. So have to wait an hour instead of being there instantly. Can no longer use FS coins to get tradable C packs. That sucks because some here use that to scrape by and that was their means of making some coinage to do something with. It was not hurting the game that much by letting some make some coins.
  • foromanu
    foromanu Posts: 2 Arc User
    I still trying to upgrade the client. I m having errors downloading the patch. I tried patch-1 and patch-2, but it gives the same problems... dammit... I ll miss all dailies and log in reward for this
  • rob069
    rob069 Posts: 11 Arc User
    i cant update this dam game
  • banterwithchins
    banterwithchins Posts: 1 Arc User
    I cant Update Pwi as it is saying file error on both patches one and two- i have also tried to verfiy too and nothing is helping any other ideas?
  • zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    leana3 wrote: »
    I tried to mail one of my char and the name was too long. Couldn't even copy and paste the name. I had to send it to another char on the same account. Sucks because the one I was sending it from was in the same faction as the one I was originally sending to. So have to wait an hour instead of being there instantly. Can no longer use FS coins to get tradable C packs. That sucks because some here use that to scrape by and that was their means of making some coinage to do something with. It was not hurting the game that much by letting some make some coins.

It seams capped to 10 letters name. Really need to make this issue be known.
  • kathiawellina
    kathiawellina Posts: 64 Arc User
    Yep, can agree on the too long name. I have a too long name too, and people already found, that they can't send me mail anymore. Also since the update I crash sometimes with the 64 bit client, when porting to neverfall, couple instance or somewhere else. In the couple instance when you get pushed by that winded stairs, and you land in water, you got a rubberband, so you have to swim down, and try to escape like that. Usually i am relatively bug free, but since yesterday i seem to crash unpredictably while porting. When I find more, I'll post it here. But is it me, or are the graphics enhanced a lot? Was flying over sea and the reflection of the clouds is really good from that 64 client. Never noticed that on 32 bit client, and the 32 is lagging a lot, while 64 runs comparably smooth. So far i like that. And are the master/apprentice & marriage system rewards exchanged? We are supposed to have a 12msec horse carriage and an antlion or dragon which goes from master apprentice system, are they out now?
    Venomancer "Nalaira" from Dawnglory Server 18th August 2015
    Venomancer "Nehilenia" from Twilight Temple Server (Ex-Sanctuary) 12~14th Nov' 2008 - December 2012
    bannergzjd0.png
  • nelliel#3342
    nelliel#3342 Posts: 3 Arc User
    obielle wrote: »
    I can't complete the update. at like 25% I get a file download error. Any suggestions how to fix that?

Swap your patch server to the 2nd one instead of the first one. That's what I had to do to fix my download errors.

I have tried both 1st and 2nd and trying 1st agian today. laptop updated fine desktop is still updating.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    And are the master/apprentice & marriage system rewards exchanged? We are supposed to have a 12msec horse carriage and an antlion or dragon which goes from master apprentice system, are they out now?

Yep you can now get the flyer and mount from the master/apprentice system - the mount is a Snow Kirin. As for marriage system the mount is a Gilded Canopy and it looks like you get it at the Everlasting tier (69650 Karma).
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • slashnote
    slashnote Posts: 8 Arc User
    After this content update its probably time for some of us to quit. I have two R9r3 toons and one of them is Nuema Portal but with all this I rather just stop and not deal with anything anymore. I don't mind the skill changes but the new coin system, the 32/64bit issue, people getting errors updating and having to do the pk event for the new passives is just already time to quit. The pk event for the new blood might be good for some but others that dont have the gear to survive is just fcked up. My group of friends will have to put our R9/alt toons to rest so have fun in pwi, we have to quit now.
  • darkv0id
    darkv0id Posts: 58 Arc User
    slashnote wrote: »
    After this content update its probably time for some of us to quit. I have two R9r3 toons and one of them is Nuema Portal but with all this I rather just stop and not deal with anything anymore. I don't mind the skill changes but the new coin system, the 32/64bit issue, people getting errors updating and having to do the pk event for the new passives is just already time to quit. The pk event for the new blood might be good for some but others that dont have the gear to survive is just fcked up. My group of friends will have to put our R9/alt toons to rest so have fun in pwi, we have to quit now.

I'm pretty sure it's going to die on its on! Many still haven't been able to get on and then after they have to deal with issues you described once they get on they'll get disgusted and quit!
  • lax
    lax Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    slashnote wrote: »

you get the same gear for it lmao. It's based on the buffs that drop and skill of the player. Good to know you can't compete on even playing field. Everybody in the pvp event has g17.5 wep and g17.3 gear full devil NP2 RB2
  • bhaven
    bhaven Posts: 45 Arc User
    Angel of wishes teleport takes you to north arch, where you cant even teleport into the new instance.
    TW refund is usually in 5 mil big notes which are now only worth value in silver coins. RIP TW pay.

• e1finger
    e1finger Posts: 43 Arc User
    On the subject of BM's Star Smite no longer gives the added Chi return, And Dragon Rising with Argent Glyph doesn't return the 80 chi like it did. Please correct these because chi building has become crippled far too much. QQ
  • lightpheonixx
    lightpheonixx Posts: 19 Arc User
    Not sure if anyone else has noticed but they stopped FCC leveling again, you can't hyper in there anymore again.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Not sure if anyone else has noticed but they stopped FCC leveling again, you can't hyper in there anymore again.

What? That’s so unnecessary!
    Post edited by blazerboy on
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • jayveno69
    jayveno69 Posts: 5 Arc User
    We did the couple's instance. Hubby got it completed and given karma. I didn't receive anything and still doesn't show completed :/
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    jayveno69 wrote: »
    We did the couple's instance. Hubby got it completed and given karma. I didn't receive anything and still doesn't show completed :/

From what I can see there's two different quests for males and females and they have slightly different objectives. For males they just need to do the embrace action. For females they need to embrace and then kiss (while in the embrace).
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • hokker#1570
    hokker#1570 Posts: 391 Arc User
    Is this correct? It shoul say " deals additional 15% damage"
    5cCU6C5.png
  • irmoose
    irmoose Posts: 72 Arc User
    Anybody mention Constellation Arc on db yet? Mine's sage and every time I use it I get a pop up saying "Not in Requested Area".

I died in fsd cause of that ****. It stops me from doing anything.
  • worldofwonder
    worldofwonder Posts: 3 Arc User
    bhaven wrote: »
    Angel of wishes teleport takes you to north arch, where you cant even teleport into the new instance.
    TW refund is usually in 5 mil big notes which are now only worth value in silver coins. RIP TW pay.

So all tw land pay in npc coin? lol I can image Top faction will lose some players since i know few only join for winning faction for money....
  • hokker#1570
    edited October 2019
    Probably you already know but....
    Common BH (500 gold=500 silver)
    V7nKZxd.png
    The last item gives a lv10 stone at your choosing
    3Zq2jTc.png
    Master BH (500 gold = 500 silver)ecstasy and excitement cards(give silver) were changed to bounty nice guy and bounty noble man card(give gold)
    rais4c2.png

Post edited by hokker#1570 on
  • kathiawellina
    kathiawellina Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Wait is that true, that TW pay is now silver coins? And Ecstasy card was renamed to Bounty Nice Guy Card and gives gold coin. Got it today from MBH. But there is another thing that hurts my eye. In the item description is the space missing, unknown.png
    There after Price the space is missing. Doesnt look that great.
    Venomancer "Nalaira" from Dawnglory Server 18th August 2015
    Venomancer "Nehilenia" from Twilight Temple Server (Ex-Sanctuary) 12~14th Nov' 2008 - December 2012
    bannergzjd0.png
  • hokker#1570
    edited October 2019
  • irmoose
    irmoose Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I just tired to use world chat, common and whisper with my psychic and it kept saying I cannot send messages that fast. I was just trying to type 1 sentence.

Edit: Relogging fixed it. Just leaving this here if it is caused by the patch.

I noticed after relog I cannot see anybody in a faction including my psy. This isn't cause of things being checked off. They are allowed.
  • hokker#1570
    I noticed another issue(it doesn't affect the gameplay but I'm posting here anyway)
    Character Simulator(2 issues):
    -I can't equip Starchart if the toon doesn't have one
    -Can't upgrade astral energy, so my star chart can't get level 70
  • alphadevil1991
    alphadevil1991 Posts: 99 Arc User
    after doubleing the rewards from 10 fights and arigora score in arena, they now halfed it back to push their **** packs? wow cheap lowblow...
  • donnamia
    donnamia Posts: 2 Arc User

After the update my names are too long for me to receive any mail. This includes the GM mail which I was looking forward to. My friends can't post me messages or items. It is extremely frustrating. I posted a ticket and was told to "go onto the forum and complain because it is a developers problem we don't deal with programming issues." So why bother having a ticker system if nothing can be done about the problems you are experiencing. So....WHO DO I TELL and how do I get it fixed. PWI please fix the mailing problem before I go NUTS. ty
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    donnamia wrote: »

After the update my names are too long for me to receive any mail. This includes the GM mail which I was looking forward to. My friends can't post me messages or items. It is extremely frustrating. I posted a ticket and was told to "go onto the forum and complain because it is a developers problem we don't deal with programming issues." So why bother having a ticker system if nothing can be done about the problems you are experiencing. So....WHO DO I TELL and how do I get it fixed. PWI please fix the mailing problem before I go NUTS. ty

Please log a ticket with support for this issue.

Thanks.