32 bit client

hoshichan
hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
has anyone figured out how we can permanently play in 32 bit mode? even if i start in 32 bit, the next client automatically goes back to 64...

Comments

• nathangq9
    nathangq9 Posts: 7 Arc User
    same problem
  • mitapi#9696
    mitapi#9696 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I've found a temperary solution! Yay!
    Im not completely pro with this kind of stuff, but I believe the problem is that the patcher verifies (and when you close the game) the systemsettings file and updates it to your newest settings. However it doesnt really seem to be aware of the variable 64Select, so instead of saving this setting, it just deletes your client selection (very smart!).

You need to make your systemsettings file read-only, denying all access to make it be overwritten.
    However, this also means changes to forexample window size cannot be saved, you cannot save graphic changes etc, so find a width/height window size you like and graphics settings. Make sure you also have the 64Select = 0 as well under Video.

You can change the ingame graphics, it just wont save your changes.

This is my current systemsettings file (only showing video part of the file)
    [Video]
    Level = 0
    Sight = 0
    WaterEffect = 0
    SimpleTerrain = 1
    TreeDetail = 0
    GrassDetail = 0
    CloudDetail = 0
    Shadow = 0
    MipMapBias = 0
    FullGlow = 0
    SpaceWarp = 0
    SunFlare = 0
    AdvancedWaterUD = 0
    RenderWid = 1920
    RenderHei = 1040
    TexDetail = 2
    SoundQuality = 1
    FullScreen = 0
    WideScreen = 0
    ScaleUI = 0
    VerticalSync = 0
    Gamma = 42
    HighPoly = 0
    64Select = 0

You can find systemsettings in your elementclient/userdata folder in your installation folder.
    To change permissions, go to the files properties, security, advanced settings, disable inheritance, and edit all the options to read-only.

EDIT: Just a little tip for the times that you may want to play on a 64 bit. (forexample for pvp)
    Create a duplicate file of systemsettings (call it systemsettings64 or something) and delete the "64Select = 0". Rather than having to convert permissions temperary to play 64, you can rename systemsettings to systemsettings32 while renaming the duplicated file to systemsettings and vice versa as needed. Similiar to how ppl were renaming elementclient.. now its just systemsettings instead!
    Post edited by mitapi#9696 on
  • mitapi#9696
    @heero200
    Post dissapeared as I edited a typo.
  • hoshichan
    edited October 2019
    @heero200

i didnt really understand how i was meant to change the rights, due to foreign language windows, but it worked for me anyway, i "prohibited" writing by simply adding that checkmark.

anyway, now my game starts in "show full models", any idea which line in the systemsettings file is responsible for having the client start in "only display your own model" instead?

edit: can you tell me the line that disables 64 bit again, please?

• mitapi#9696
    edited October 2019
    hoshichan wrote: »
    @heero200

i didnt really understand how i was meant to change the rights, due to foreign language windows, but it worked for me anyway, i "prohibited" writing by simply adding that checkmark.

anyway, now my game starts in "show full models", any idea which line in the systemsettings file is responsible for having the client start in "only display your own model" instead?

edit: can you tell me the line that disables 64 bit again, please?

I looked into it and it seems like its the SimplifyMode that decides it.
    I think it works like this
    SimplifyMode set to 0 = Full models
    SimplifyMode set to 4 = Display only own model

And number inbetween is the other options. Probably in order as you see them ingame as well

Edit: "64Select = 0" sets it to 32
  • hoshichan
    ok got it all, ty!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    @heero200

looks like someone beat me to it.

Their is nothing in their now. Hopefully its been posted.

Thanks.​​
  • nathangq9
    edited October 2019
    I've found a temperary solution! Yay!
    Im not completely pro with this kind of stuff, but I believe the problem is that the patcher verifies (and when you close the game) the systemsettings file and updates it to your newest settings. However it doesnt really seem to be aware of the variable 64Select, so instead of saving this setting, it just deletes your client selection (very smart!).

You need to make your systemsettings file read-only, denying all access to make it be overwritten.
    However, this also means changes to forexample window size cannot be saved, you cannot save graphic changes etc, so find a width/height window size you like and graphics settings. Make sure you also have the 64Select = 0 as well under Video.

You can change the ingame graphics, it just wont save your changes.

This is my current systemsettings file (only showing video part of the file)
    [Video]
    Level = 0
    Sight = 0
    WaterEffect = 0
    SimpleTerrain = 1
    TreeDetail = 0
    GrassDetail = 0
    CloudDetail = 0
    Shadow = 0
    MipMapBias = 0
    FullGlow = 0
    SpaceWarp = 0
    SunFlare = 0
    AdvancedWaterUD = 0
    RenderWid = 1920
    RenderHei = 1040
    TexDetail = 2
    SoundQuality = 1
    FullScreen = 0
    WideScreen = 0
    ScaleUI = 0
    VerticalSync = 0
    Gamma = 42
    HighPoly = 0
    64Select = 0

You can find systemsettings in your elementclient/userdata folder in your installation folder.
    To change permissions, go to the files properties, security, advanced settings, disable inheritance, and edit all the options to read-only.

EDIT: Just a little tip for the times that you may want to play on a 64 bit. (forexample for pvp)
    Create a duplicate file of systemsettings (call it systemsettings64 or something) and delete the "64Select = 0". Rather than having to convert permissions temperary to play 64, you can rename systemsettings to systemsettings32 while renaming the duplicated file to systemsettings and vice versa as needed. Similiar to how ppl were renaming elementclient.. now its just systemsettings instead!

WORKING TY!
    Post edited by nathangq9 on
  • nathangq9
    thx
  • leoritha
    leoritha Posts: 3 Arc User
    My problem is the opposite. It tries to make me play in the 32 bits mode. When I click "play" the little message box opens and says "Launch 64 bits game. If you want to launch 32 bits game Pls cancel 64 bits option in system settings" Then there is a "Confirm" . If I click confirm it changes to 32 bits. I don't want to play 32 bits game. I can't get into the game.
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    removed my text because of the moderation
    Post edited by sjampie on