Content Update – October 23rd 2019 Bugs and Changes

hoshichan
hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
please post any potential bugs or un-announced changes here

Comments

• implode
    implode Posts: 82 Arc User
    64/32 bit client selection doesn't really work. It tells you its going to launch the 64 bit client and you can change the setting if you want to use the 32 bit client. If you do so, it writes a 64select=0 value into systemsettings.ini and this is fine and works.

But then when you launch the actual game, it removes the 64select=0 value back out again, so next time you'll get the 32 bit client again. Unless you remember to change it every single time...

(And if asking why I want to use the 32 bit client, I tested the 64 bit client a lot before and it routinely crashed and when you dc it does not automatically relog from arc like the 32 bit client does, but perhaps they've improved that now).
  • sarahbella6197
    sarahbella6197 Posts: 10 Arc User
    I can't complete the update. at like 25% I get a file download error. Any suggestions how to fix that?
  • briganto
    briganto Posts: 3 Arc User
    I can't complete the update. at like 25% I get a file download error. Any suggestions how to fix that?

same here
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator

Swap your patch server to the 2nd one instead of the first one. That's what I had to do to fix my download errors.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • sarahbella6197
    sarahbella6197 Posts: 10 Arc User
    That worked Thank you!
  • lax
    lax Posts: 96 Arc User
    Well, server economies are about to be controlled by the few people who have billions of coins stashed away. The current state of this game there won't be enough coin generated from BH rewards, TW pay etc. Economy is about to crash on every server and only a few will be able to finish upgrading anything. Coin update is going to kill PWI even more.
  • hoshichan
    lax wrote: »
    Well, server economies are about to be controlled by the few people who have billions of coins stashed away. The current state of this game there won't be enough coin generated from BH rewards, TW pay etc. Economy is about to crash on every server and only a few will be able to finish upgrading anything. Coin update is going to kill PWI even more.

you guys had MONTHS warning time to sell all your ****. this economy update was known and everyone was given enough time to prepare.

in other news:

BUG: if someone deleted you from their friendlist, but you kept them, they now appear online again (but still cant check location)
  • gracie2
    gracie2 Posts: 5 Arc User
    64/32 bit client settings = receive error 'unable to enter game'
  • lax
    lax Posts: 96 Arc User
    hoshichan wrote: »
    lax wrote: »

you guys had MONTHS warning time to sell all your ****. this economy update was known and everyone was given enough time to prepare.

in other news:

BUG: if someone deleted you from their friendlist, but you kept them, they now appear online again (but still cant check location)

?Who cares if you sold all your ****. You are going to run out eventually and in the current state of every server you're not getting enough coin through MBH bignotes/ TW rewards to offset how much coin is about to disappear from every server in like 3 months. Even if you have 10B+ it's going to get spent eventually, and how do you plan on getting another 10B when new players/poor players will never get enough coin to buy 105m DoD's from you?

• hoshichan
    edited October 2019
    i think they made a cross server for East, West and EU seperately, or has anyone seen a player from a different timezone on their cross-server daily?

• hokker#1570
    hokker#1570 Posts: 391 Arc User
    Battle Royal? Didn't see anything about it
  • darkv0id
    darkv0id Posts: 58 Arc User
    I cannot get the update from either server, is there a way I can manually download this update?
  • neonophobic
    neonophobic Posts: 11 Arc User
    obielle wrote: »

Swap your patch server to the 2nd one instead of the first one. That's what I had to do to fix my download errors.

I haven't had a patch issue like this in YEARS so I forgot about patch 2 entirely. Thank you :3 it worked for me
    PWI: Twilight Temple (Formerly Lost City)
    Forsaken World: Lionheart
    R.I.P: Ethersage/Jade Dynasty

• obielle
    Just did the couple instance. Not sure if it's a bug or if it's just intended to be very evil. But when you get to the top you have some dimmed blocks you need to cross to get to a solid block. There's normal dimmed blocks and dimmer blocks and you need to walk on the dimmer blocks (hope this even makes sense)

Anyway for me the dimmer blocks were all invisible :# so I got to watch my hubby walk across thin air, and he had to guide me across invisible blocks. There were a few risky jumps but I made it lol

Here's an illustration of what we had to deal with. I had to walk to the pink block where my hubby was. I don't have a pic of his point-of-view, this was from a recording I made.

fuvTLCa.png

Has this happened to other people or is this just me? :|

• neonophobic
    neonophobic Posts: 11 Arc User
    Honestly the best solution is if you can't get past 25% Switch to Patch 2 instead of having patch 1 up when your updating, It got stuck for me too and I forgot you could do that. Thanks to Obielle for pointing that out.
    PWI: Twilight Temple (Formerly Lost City)
    Forsaken World: Lionheart
    R.I.P: Ethersage/Jade Dynasty

• darkv0id
    darkv0id Posts: 58 Arc User
    Honestly the best solution is if you can't get past 25% Switch to Patch 2 instead of having patch 1 up when your updating, It got stuck for me too and I forgot you could do that. Thanks to Obielle for pointing that out.

Doesn't work for me!
  • lightpheonixx
    lightpheonixx Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Anyone know how to switch back to 32-bit as the update forces us into 64-bit??

Also did other servers faction icons get deleted too?? Everyone in Twilight Temple did
    Not even surprised cause pwi can’t do anything right
    Post edited by lightpheonixx on
  • shaibya#9251
    shaibya#9251 Posts: 75 Arc User
    Has anyone been able to find where to get the Barbaric Crystal Blood (or Barbaric Blood Crystal) for the updates for passives in NF? Been looking all over and haven't found them. One needs 60 per upgrade and the other needs 200 per upgrade.
  • hokker#1570
    darkv0id wrote: »

Doesn't work for me!

same here
  • shaibya#9251
    shaibya#9251 Posts: 75 Arc User
    darkv0id wrote: »

Doesn't work for me!

I had to switch between the 1st and 2nd one a few times during the install, common problem with this one it would seem
  • hoshichan
    @obielle 1 of you had a stealth detection buff and was able to see the bricks, so the other person has to be guided.
  • indeterminate
    indeterminate Posts: 22 Arc User
    Well done PWI, you totally ruined the already crappy UI.

Now I can't move the chat window from its new default position halfway up the screen, can't click any of the buttons on the bottom, and if I cycle the UI size option, everything under the chat region buttons disappears off the bottom of the screen and can't be returned except by reloading.

I think brain damaged monkeys would make better devs than the ones we have.
  • browncircle
    browncircle Posts: 1 Arc User
    where can I find the patch note? this is taking too long.
  • overdone#3296
    overdone#3296 Posts: 8 Arc User
    the only problem i have had is
    after switching over to the 64 bit system and i
    tried to log in for the first time
    ...i got the "wrong username/password" screen
    so i just exited out of PWI
    and exited out of arc also
    and just restarted the game....
    worked just fine after that.....
  • obielle
    hoshichan wrote: »
    @obielle 1 of you had a stealth detection buff and was able to see the bricks, so the other person has to be guided.

oh my gosh that just clicked as I read it xD my hubby had a stealth detection buff and I remember seeing it at the end and wondering why he had it. Thank you! We were having a hard time making our way up and I was very sleep deprived so I definitely missed it at the time haha.

• bayshmaster#5899
    bayshmaster#5899 Posts: 21 Arc User
    unknown.png

the stealth is a lie qq
  • gas2016#5086
    gas2016#5086 Posts: 72 Arc User
    Only things I've discovered after the patch:

PWI (elementclient) starts after the 64bit-window but the save elementclient still waits for me to press Start. Didn't test if I could start the game for the 2nd time right after starting the 64-bit window.

My faction icon is gone just like a large patch we had in the past.
  • imareko
    imareko Posts: 7 Arc User
    So this new cross daily in the frost area is suppose to be open pvp? However it seems only TT sever connects to ET and I’m assuming it’s the same for TI to match link da but there’s been not a single person popping up from ti’s side and I’m not sure if da has the same issue
  • hokker#1570
    Has anyone been able to find where to get the Barbaric Crystal Blood (or Barbaric Blood Crystal) for the updates for passives in NF? Been looking all over and haven't found them. One needs 60 per upgrade and the other needs 200 per upgrade.
    you're talking about the new blood? you get in the battle royal

• hoshichan
    imareko wrote: »
    So this new cross daily in the frost area is suppose to be open pvp? However it seems only TT sever connects to ET and I’m assuming it’s the same for TI to match link da but there’s been not a single person popping up from ti’s side and I’m not sure if da has the same issue

ti is east, Da is EU, Et/TW are west