Protection for Selling gold through Homestead

neonophobic
neonophobic Posts: 11 Arc User
So lately I have noticed quite a few of my friends have gotten scammed when selling through homestead or buying it.. I think there should be some type of optional security on it.. I mean it's pretty open - you put the gold in and they take it.. but what if you don't get paid or you don't even get the gold.. I think there should be security options to protect players from getting scammed. Like maybe an optional password that you don't give out until payment is done, or some type of way to make sure both parties get what they are after.

No offense to mods, but in my server we have had a well-known scammer who uses different accounts with similar names...however when people fill out tickets.. it goes no where and they can't ban the user do to 'lack of proof' even though many people have reported the same user on a lot of occasions.. I feel like there should be some secure way that both parties can sell gold and buy gold without being scammed

in the end it is up to the people to 'be honest' and not be scammers... but... that doesn't happen all the time...

as well when mods say they 'don't have enough evidence to ban the user' it really hurts people because they buy and sell.. they have proof of screenshots and nothing is done.. there has got to be a way that people can buy and sell with security...
PWI: Twilight Temple (Formerly Lost City)
Forsaken World: Lionheart
R.I.P: Ethersage/Jade Dynasty

Comments

• hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    with all due respect, the homestead "method" was never supposed to be a legit way to trade, it was meant as a gift. just because recently a lot of casuals discovered it and try to abuse it for spend promos, it doesnt mean PWE will start to even further support this behaviour.

unless you do it with a person that you trust, you will be scammed. you ASK to be scammed.
  • neonophobic
    hoshichan wrote: »
    with all due respect, the homestead "method" was never supposed to be a legit way to trade, it was meant as a gift. just because recently a lot of casuals discovered it and try to abuse it for spend promos, it doesnt mean PWE will start to even further support this behaviour.

unless you do it with a person that you trust, you will be scammed. you ASK to be scammed.

This was just a suggestion since this is the 'suggestion' forum

• sharkky#8608
    sharkky#8608 Posts: 24 Arc User
    Obviously you are on Twilight Temple (I am a genius.... or simply Lost City b4 merge gave it away - whichever). Look here's the thing... they dont care. Sounds harsh but it is 100% true. The lack of communication by them shows just how far the relationship between players and GM/Dev have drifted. I can not even tell you how many times I have wen to GM's with a legit issue to be told 'we can not address this issue in live support' and so they submit a ticket. The results of the ticket are always the same! I'm told not to worry it will be addressed and taken care of, but because of security they can not tell me the results of the investigation. I mean is this response only funny to me? This is a typical brush off, and in reality they do not plan to do ****. Now the gold scam issue is a real one (I have never been personally scammed, just know of it). All I can say is sell to people who are trust worthy! This is just smart business. I will say we used to use AH (auction house) to sell gold itself... why do we not use AH anymore? part perfect world LTD and part the Player Base. For starters the AH can only hold a specific amount of coin which kills buying or selling large quantities of Gold. This should really be increased as increasing it does not change the game or adversely effect anyone. Player base.... we have destroyed ourselves!! Think back to say 2015 (I know a long time ago - NOT REALLY) GST were 8m - 10m (On Lost City) and now it is 21m - 22m? was anything done to R9 to make it more desirable? Are GST's or Chips harder to come by? NO. This is the exact issue, our issue - we control prices. So with the gold increase AH can not house the amount of money required to sell mass quantities. Enters in the HS gold trading option, good idea crappy execution. However, it is controlled by us, not them. Use trust worthy people (There are a lot on server) or sell Gold Via non-HS. The option sucks as its less coin, but when your getting scammed you get no coin so I think its a nice option LOL. I am sorry this is happening as it just shows how **** some of our player base can be, but we knew this. Please list a name here that you know so that some type of good info comes out of the thread.
  • neonophobic
    Obviously you are on Twilight Temple (I am a genius.... or simply Lost City b4 merge gave it away - whichever). Look here's the thing... they dont care. Sounds harsh but it is 100% true. The lack of communication by them shows just how far the relationship between players and GM/Dev have drifted. I can not even tell you how many times I have wen to GM's with a legit issue to be told 'we can not address this issue in live support' and so they submit a ticket. The results of the ticket are always the same! I'm told not to worry it will be addressed and taken care of, but because of security they can not tell me the results of the investigation. I mean is this response only funny to me? This is a typical brush off, and in reality they do not plan to do ****. Now the gold scam issue is a real one (I have never been personally scammed, just know of it). All I can say is sell to people who are trust worthy! This is just smart business. I will say we used to use AH (auction house) to sell gold itself... why do we not use AH anymore? part perfect world LTD and part the Player Base. For starters the AH can only hold a specific amount of coin which kills buying or selling large quantities of Gold. This should really be increased as increasing it does not change the game or adversely effect anyone. Player base.... we have destroyed ourselves!! Think back to say 2015 (I know a long time ago - NOT REALLY) GST were 8m - 10m (On Lost City) and now it is 21m - 22m? was anything done to R9 to make it more desirable? Are GST's or Chips harder to come by? NO. This is the exact issue, our issue - we control prices. So with the gold increase AH can not house the amount of money required to sell mass quantities. Enters in the HS gold trading option, good idea crappy execution. However, it is controlled by us, not them. Use trust worthy people (There are a lot on server) or sell Gold Via non-HS. The option sucks as its less coin, but when your getting scammed you get no coin so I think its a nice option LOL. I am sorry this is happening as it just shows how **** some of our player base can be, but we knew this. Please list a name here that you know so that some type of good info comes out of the thread.

I'm not sure if listing a name of a person is um, allowed..? if that's what your asking me to do xD

• sharkky#8608
    Okay, hey fair enough. I do not know if it is allowed or not.... Me being me I would do it anyways! LOL - but in the end if you see me in game let me know so I can warn people at least. Best of luck with GM's - and I really mean I hope you do not go insane dealing with it because they do not care.
  • neonophobic
    Okay, hey fair enough. I do not know if it is allowed or not.... Me being me I would do it anyways! LOL - but in the end if you see me in game let me know so I can warn people at least. Best of luck with GM's - and I really mean I hope you do not go insane dealing with it because they do not care.

Sharkky is your in game name..?

• sharkky#8608
    Oh my bad, i thought most people could guess LoL, but in game BabySharkk and SynnfulShotz
  • neonophobic
    Oh my bad, i thought most people could guess LoL, but in game BabySharkk and SynnfulShotz

Okay cool, thanks~ I will do

• overdone#3296
    overdone#3296 Posts: 8 Arc User
    so let me get this straight.......

neonophobic...excuse me....
    his FRIENDS want the game to PROTECT
    his/their illegal activity/greediness....??????
    no matter HOW many time the game warns players
    about phishing sites and in game mail for gold exchange scams..
    ya STILL want more than the auctioneer is giving in the exchange rate.
    SO...you go to a scammer........
    no matter where he/she is .....internet or in game
    and then complain TO GM's that you were SCAMMED
    and YOU want protection from THEM.....????

this is not a suggestion....
    its a post to show everyone
    how you think its everyone's else's fault but your own
    when y'all get scammed......

Caveat emptor..........
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Sorry this is not a problem a MoD can look into.

You need to speak to Support to get advise for this.

I will say selling gold via HS is risky and another way than the AH is really not seen as "Safe". As things are I was going to see what I can push about getting the AH coin cap raised. But im only a MoD so no 100% with this one.

Sorry I cant help any more.

Thanks.​​