Perfect World International. Pros and cons

magicsabre
magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
I know, that lot of you've been playing this game a very long time. Here is thread, where you can see and even discuss pros and cons of the PWI. I hope, that it can be interesting for new players and might be reviewed by veteran players.

You can see following words on the title page of the PWI:
Game Info wrote:
PWI is a stunning free-to-play MMORPG where inhabitants of the pristine Perfect World must unite to battle against the Wraith - undead creatures who seek to destroy all of creation. Amidst a realm of stunningly rich environments, players can fly freely through the skies, explore dangerous dungeons, or join intense PvP battles for power and land.

But what you see really ? Since every man to his trade, then I had divided possible opinions for Free-to-play players and Pay-to-play players.

Free-to-play player
Pros
+You can download the game for free
+ Decent graphics, detailed character customization, a huge world and movement freedom
+Many quests
+Free armor and equipment (basic or some of it)
+Availability of basic skills
+Chat system (excluding posting in the world chat) is free to use
+Ability to exchange basic items and services (like help for fast leveling, reselling items through cat shops, etc.) for cash shop items (better than basic)
+Ability to join some faction (since it is MMO and some quests can't be completed solo)
+Multi-client and run two chars at once on the game allowing them to solo certain instances
+Frequent updates

Cons
-Size of the PWI files during 11 years of its existence had increased from the half of GB to 16 GB (it is 32 times more now), so downloading and updating is much slower now
-Repeatable quests and models of the mobs
-After few beginning quests goal of the game itself is missing. Do you know, why players kill same mobs again and again ?
-Exploits, bugs, glitches
-PWI is PvP game, so some high-level quests and events require best armor and equipment to survive PvP fights
-Some quests require squads, which can be hard to gather (it is time consuming and sometimes require application of the world chat services)
-Since PWI is MMO game, then it require connection to server, which (connection) can cause decreased performance of the game or even disconnections
-Through gamble on packs, refining chances and chances of creating of some items player can lose his money
-Some quests can't be completed, because player has not enough resources for it
-Disbalance of the classes

Pay-to-play player
Pros
+Detailed character customization, a huge world and movement freedom
+Many quests
+All items and quests are available (including PvP oriented). Fashion, wings, dyes, etc. can be bought
+All skills are available
+Chat system is available
+Ability to exchange cash shop items for services and items of other players
+Ability to join any faction (since it is MMO and some quests can't be completed solo)
+Ability to join or form any squad
+Frequent updates
+Bonus items as rewards for bought gold

Cons
-The graphics should be comparable if not better than the newer games that are coming out in 2020. PWI has flat grass, 2D trees, no footprints in the snow, no horizon, no weather elements, zero survival tactics as well as crappy flat faced characters that never show emotion or even break a sweat when fighting
-Repeatable quests and models of the mobs
-After few beginning quests goal of the game itself is missing. Do you know, why players kill same mobs again and again ?
-Auto-botting, exploits, bugs
-Some items are very expensive
-Since PWI is MMO game, then it require connection to server, which (connection) can cause decreased performance of the game or even disconnections
-Through gamble on packs, refining chances and chances of creating of some items player can lose some if not all of his money
-Some quests require squads, which can be hard to gather (it is time consuming)

Comments

• onepostonly#9641
    onepostonly#9641 Posts: 8 Arc User
    test
  • onepostonly#9641
    i cant post much here why
  • onepostonly#9641
    sorry for spam but want to make a therad myself and ask som stuff but i cant why?
  • onepostonly#9641
    wtf? You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links.
  • onepostonly#9641
    just want to answer ppl and ask my own question! :'(
  • onepostonly#9641
    do i need to make 1000 posts first?
  • onepostonly#9641
    Hey all,

A) i am not sure what kind of build i should go so what is better for a psy: Devil Stone build or Serenity Stone build (belt and get will get the spirt stones anyhwehre) also whit the point of view of a G17.4 or maybe G17.5 wep .... i am seen both builds on the sever or is a mix also a nice option? like Serenity Stone build intio the gear and the wep whit +Att-level

B) next point is which glyphes are usefull for ea PVP/PVE?

C) until which level i can put glyphes into the accountstash in case i want to start a 2nd class?

D) what skills are usefull for a pvp gine (no paramout) just a basic gine whit lets say 65 or 72 lucky points

E) i also play a bit around whit the simulator and i dont seen much differnt between the G16 neck (phy deff) so is it enough or do i need the jaden neck (phy deff)?

thanks in advance for your answers

PVP

City Portal
    Stone Smasher------------gold?
    Sandburst Blast------------green?
    Spirit Blast
    Aqua Impact
    Glacial Shards
    Red Tide
    Soulburn
    Crystal Light
    Sand Flood
    Sandball Clash
    Earth Vector ------------gold?
    Tradewinds------------blue?

PVE

City Portal------------green
    Stone Smasher
    Sandburst Blast
    Spirit Blast------------green
    Aqua Impact
    Glacial Shards
    Red Tide
    Soulburn
    Crystal Light
    Sand Flood
    Sandball Clash
    Earth Vector
    Tradewinds------------blue
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    Hey all,

A) i am not sure what kind of build i should go so what is better for a psy: Devil Stone build or Serenity Stone build (belt and get will get the spirt stones anyhwehre) also whit the point of view of a G17.4 or maybe G17.5 wep .... i am seen both builds on the sever or is a mix also a nice option? like Serenity Stone build intio the gear and the wep whit +Att-level

B) next point is which glyphes are usefull for ea PVP/PVE?

C) until which level i can put glyphes into the accountstash in case i want to start a 2nd class?

D) what skills are usefull for a pvp gine (no paramout) just a basic gine whit lets say 65 or 72 lucky points

E) i also play a bit around whit the simulator and i dont seen much differnt between the G16 neck (phy deff) so is it enough or do i need the jaden neck (phy deff)?

thanks in advance for your answers

I dont actually play psy, short of some alt I toyed with a bit, so take this with grain of salt.

a) This depends on what you want to accomplish, devils will make you be in 1shot range of a lot more things than serenities would. However if you have frontline to hide behind(TW for example), you wont be taking too much dmg and thus extra dmg you deal will be quite useful. I believe devils are the better option - the biggest psys have both defense and attack gear so they can switch things depending on situation but most ppl start with attack gear. Also, do not put attack shard weapon, you get way more out of magic attack/Crit/Channel shards, depending what you want.

c) Level 1, 4, 7 and 10(?) glyphs were tradeable, not sure bout the last one but rest are not.

D) Most casters go with expel + AD/Faith(Cant have both with expel) depending what they want. Rest of the skills are just build around those ones. Mag/Vit genies seem quite popular if and when you decide to play with expel genie.

E) Main difference is crit G16 neck gives. G17 neck has more p.def, some spirit and penetrations(?). Basically Jaden one offers more defenses and more attack but less crit rate. If your wallet can afford it, just get jaden one, if there is DPS advantage for G16 neck its not much and the extra p.def you will really enjoy.