Engraving

fededomino
fededomino Posts: 246 Arc User
why so foolish system is made about engraving in east Archosaur , when we not got what we want we need go buy more token of luck and ancient emblem in west Archosaur , and the feeling of its RUSSIAN rullette and waste time , where we could use time to play , instead be stuck at engraving , it will be great if we could chose our stats at engraving at once , for every pice of gear , ohhhhh my goooosh , give up

i dont support russian rullette , so a change will be welcome , so we CAN CHOISE our own STATS for what we want , and dont waste time of playing ,( the unfair developers ) cash hunter

Comments

• alphadevil1991
    alphadevil1991 Posts: 99 Arc User
    yes PWI giving free 3x STR/DEX/MAG on 1st try, will be really clever to give items a worth.
    just deal with it scrub or get some more coins and use the ones in neverfall...
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    The gamble mechanics PWI is plagued with arent that fun for a lot of ppl. Plenty of ppl would prefer to just pay more for their stats they can choose over gambling for them. By more I mean a lot more. But ultimately gambling mechanics come down to trying to give longevity(And/or more money for the company) to certain mechanics - if you could choose your stats you`d be done after you manage to gather mats for engraving things once.

I dont mind some rng things here and there but on PWI lot of progression is behind some lottery system, cards if you not going for NP, star charts, to name few big ones. Then again most ppl would just nope out of this game if they put 100% options for things you want for similar price it takes to get them trough current lottery systems. The "maybe I get lucky"/etc. kind of thinking is what keeps these kind of systems in place.

And because ppl keep throwing money at companies who place these kind of systems, they have become common place. You`ll be damned to find a decent game with no loot boxes nowdays that isnt p2p. Even they have added cashshops into the games, making games like WoW/FF14 cash in 3 ways. The game purchases, subscription and real money shops. And sadly even so those games are prolly one of the better ones when it comes to monetization.

Tl;Dr: Telling ppl to just suck it up and keep throwing money at gambling is silly, it`ll only escalate the current trends of games. And these trends are not healthy imo, the greed in companies have made progression, least on PWI, not only expensive but frustrating due the sheer type of mechanics you have to deal with in order to progress.