[MAINT] SERVER MAINTENANCE 10/08/19 (Complete)

heerohex#3018
heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
edited October 2019 in Official Announcements
Please Feel Free to Update If needs Be. Please note this is not the Official Info and as such you should keep checking for updates. This post should only be used as a reminder for standard Maint Times and info.
Server Status Provided By @nrglg (Reload Page To Update)
current.png

If there is maintenance tonight expect it to be the usual time unless any updates, from 11pm to 2am PDT.

Edit For Patch Notes Link Here. Or Assume for just a Server Restart / Minor Updates.
Maintenance is expected to last approximately 4 hours, so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
*Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

ADVANCE WARNING.

Please see below dates for upcoming Time Zone Maintenance.

**Please note issues from the past may still be a problem unless we have an update during this time to correct the issue.

EU - October 26/27
US - November 2/3

Question for this week - What do you consider End Game Gears G17/R9S3/R9S4/R8S3/G16?

Thanks.
​​
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• deceitsoul
    deceitsoul Posts: 94 Community Moderator
    Nice trick question, endgame can mean many things . There's pvp endgame , also pve endgame . There's also end game enough where your able help others or even just on knowledge of the game. Would go as far to say gear is only half of the the term.
    --/**Ticket- Support**\----/**Rules of Conduct**\-->

----/**Administrator of Mod team**\-->
    Inquires or questions inbox here
    Or reach me in-game
    Ouln -Etherblade Server
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    When thinking of endgame my first thought is r9r3/r9r4. When I think of g17 I seem to consider it as "super endgame", but I think everyone's interpretations of endgame can be different. In my case, I feel as though g17 is a bit far out my reaches but have been sitting on r9r3 for a while now. I guess in that sense it was my endgame that I wanted to achieve and I did. Other stuff like refines/shards/etc also come into play but then that's more complex xD
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • heerohex#3018
    Sometimes the questions have answers even I don't expect.

For instance I as well see endgame gears as R9S3 or 4. However really this is well open to the requirements of that toon and player.

Anyone else like to share thoughts?

Thanks.

PS, please note the dates for DST maintenance per area.
  • brantanor
    brantanor Posts: 72 Arc User
    Imo, purely from different perspectives, i divide 'endgame' into diff. categories :

1. endgame PvE :
    - affordable : G16+12 set with some nice rings (g16, maybe even g17) and ornaments.
    - for most not affordable or pretty expensive : R9R3/R4 + G17 ornaments

2. endgame PvP :
    - usually R9R3 or R4 refined +12
    - full G17 set +12 for the heavy cash players , full Deity or Devil

I think that for most players, meaning the 99% , a G17 set and weapon (last cast) is absolutely
    not affordable in any forseeable future. By the time some of us might have gotten a few pieces of the first cast
    most players will already have left the game because they either realize it's not for them or they find something better on the horizon.

I'm in a pretty good place in a guild that doesn't really care about pvp or 'endgame' gear and are just a bunch of players who like to have some fun. I think that for most players still in the game, that they don't want to 'quit' playing because they've invested so much time, and cash in some cases, into it that it would be considered a 'waste'. Some still have some hope for a better expansion or a change in attitude from pwi management.

If there were a similar, but better, game coming out in the future, with the same style of gameplay, i'm sure that a lot, if not all, players would be gone in a heartbeat. Nothing lasts forever, enjoy while you can but keep your eye on the horizon. You never know.

• heerohex#3018
    Servers are up.

I really think most people see it in 2 or 3 different ways.

See you ingame.

Thanks.