test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Edgerunner skills

azibosazibos Posts: 8 Arc User
Anybody knows if there are more skills coming out for the Edgerunner? They seem to have really low amount of skills atm

Comments

  • fuseekaymefuseekayme Posts: 24 Arc User
    they need to tweak some of their skills...most require a ton of chi just to do which sucks. and wings of desolation should be no chi since you cant cast any skills anyway while its active...100% er's not meant for demon unless you have paramount, cause i'm struggling like crazy with being demon and getting chi. hoping they actually see your post and comment on it rather than being silent
  • azibosazibos Posts: 8 Arc User
    fuseekayme wrote: »
    they need to tweak some of their skills...most require a ton of chi just to do which sucks. and wings of desolation should be no chi since you cant cast any skills anyway while its active...100% er's not meant for demon unless you have paramount, cause i'm struggling like crazy with being demon and getting chi. hoping they actually see your post and comment on it rather than being silent

    Getting chi isn't a problem for Edgerunners, but i do think the cost off 100 shield energy to use Shield of Rejection is crazy for a 3 sec stun... like really crazy. Should be around 25 energy to use it in my opinion. 1 Spark for Wings of Desolation is more than fine since it lasts 15 sec and lowers damage you take by 50%.. On the other hand i do really think Edgerunners should have at least 2 more skills.

    A skill that would be welcome would be one that restores an amount of shield energy instantly. With 180 sec cooldown to avoid making it to overpowered.
    Also i do think 5%/3% chance to freeze/stun the target with Ice Flood/Rock Barrier is way to low compared to the 50% Physical Attack gained from your gear from Darkverse: Heart Break. Since Ice Flood and Rock Barrier dont freeze/stun aoe but only your target i think it should be at least 10% knowing that Edgerunners barely have any CC.

  • red#4565 red Posts: 57 Arc User
    The new class has many things that other classes can't do. Resources that can be used when it is interrupted by all negative effects. The shield energy is the basis of the Edgerunner, all skils are around. They can't make it easier the stun with shield energy because Edgerunner is not a class that has stuns and controls. If they make it easier, we will have a class that has stun, and controls, and many unique resoucers, and that would be broken.
    Summary of all by China: Either you use your shield energy to stun the target or use your shield energy for your new resoucers. Not both.
  • fuseekaymefuseekayme Posts: 24 Arc User
    red wrote: »
    The new class has many things that other classes can't do. Resources that can be used when it is interrupted by all negative effects. The shield energy is the basis of the Edgerunner, all skils are around. They can't make it easier the stun with shield energy because Edgerunner is not a class that has stuns and controls. If they make it easier, we will have a class that has stun, and controls, and many unique resoucers, and that would be broken.
    Summary of all by China: Either you use your shield energy to stun the target or use your shield energy for your new resoucers. Not both.

    tech has things that old classes cant do and they have some broken **** skills but the EdgeRunner class is quite basic tbh. they have some good things but really the chi is a problem...you dont have a paramount your screwed...150 chi for shattering scream, 1 spark for wings of desolation, 50 for inner serenity, heavenly artibration is 50 chi, the wings passive dont have demon or sage while both tech passive have...focus drive 120 chi, blade hell 1 spark...just look at all those skills that require a bunch of chi and their not 10-20 chi their huge amounts...so when you say chi isnt a problem go make a demon ER then tell me that again so i wont complain
  • fuseekaymefuseekayme Posts: 24 Arc User
    i have no problem with the energy use/regen speed because that can be tweaked once you get glyphs but the chi use is ridiculous, only down side to the energy is that shield of impercation requires energy and being a deity er sucks cause you want to use the energy for defence while you need that 30% skill increase but youll have to sacrifice 1 or the other
  • fuseekaymefuseekayme Posts: 24 Arc User
    also last thing to add, we have 5 skills thats are useless, 6 self buffs but can only use one hence the rest is useless. I was hoping we get a Glyph for those so we can wear 2 or something like that..I.E Argent Glyph can use phy and wood buff...Verdant can use fire and earth buff etc
  • lewis3n#5491 lewis3n Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 5
    The roles in Edgerunner are designed to give you a starting point for a concept and they come with special abilities that are typical of dark-future-edgerunners​​
    Post edited by heero200 on
  • miruna555miruna555 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Considering with a level 5 glyph you can generate 30 chi with a spammable no cooldown skill (Mortal chant) chi, even without a paramount is not hard to come by. Energy mechanics allow you to pretty much cycle all your shield skills within their cooldown duration which is fabulous. Pvp/Pve their damage potential and type of damage they do can be terrifying, they are not designed for cc. Don't focus on that. Learn and adapt to new styles of play?

    Reflect a nova or a dragon rising, go at it. Throw a paralyse when it's about to be over, no worries about interrupting your actual damage like any other class, let's throw it mid skill. Congratz, you've either killed your target or made them burn their genie.

    Oh, they're running free? Tick first def charm with Hallowed, go shattering scream and your 100% immunity to ANY negative effect. Chase them down with your blade hell. What are def charms or defence in general when you literally can't stop something hitting you. Def charms are on cooldown, you're still pumping out damage, still unable to be stopped.

    Just a couple of suggestions. Just because you don't have long cc like a bm or db, doesn't mean you need it. You just play differently.

    Pve? Find a wizard/tech+seeker to run with and giggle with joy as your Blade hell with Solar scorch ruins your targets day.


    P.S if you think a tidal/faith are bad, have fun doing something to an edge with over 30 seconds of 100% immunity to negative effects, no puffbird, pt or disarm like a barbs faith. No "there's a chance I can cc it" on a sins tidal. 100%, that is ridiculously broken.

    Sure, they don't have 30+ skills like a bm might, they may not have as many skills as other classes. They don't need it, what they have is plenty.
  • datsangdatsang Posts: 130 Arc User
    miruna555 wrote: »


    P.S if you think a tidal/faith are bad, have fun doing something to an edge with over 30 seconds of 100% immunity to negative effects, no puffbird, pt or disarm like a barbs faith. No "there's a chance I can cc it" on a sins tidal. 100%, that is ridiculously broken.

    In what world is that shield not getting broken? The moment ppl learn to just break the shield of edgerunner in mass, the class becomes melee DD class with very few tools for surviving. And mind you every other HA class has defensive stat boost selfbuff in their kit. Barbs with tiger form, BMs with marrows, Seekers with def level buff. And we all seen what happens to every HA class when they are out of position w/o immunities up. Its a strong skill but hardly broken after ppl learn how to deal with it.

    Only guilds with strong HA lineups will find much use of edges on field as I do not think edge would be priority target over BMs naturally, I`d put even seekers a higher priority with how they can wipe masses in seconds though thats more debatable due the nature of seekers tankyness and thus resources needed to drop one. Barbs, due being attack shards a lot of the time would also be priority target over them I feel and naturally in xTW you dont kill dragon w/o one. This is assuming edge goes def shards, attack shards, which some ppl are advocating for, would just get blown up due lack of def stat buffs other HAs got. Hell, attack shard barbs are getting blown up easy enough.

    I do think if one wants to focus mass PvP/TWs, one should go def shards on edge specially if your guild is lacking HAs in lineup. Edge doesnt really create room in itself and is pretty vulnerable to getting sniped compared to other HA classes. Attack shard will only work if you get room to run around, which isnt gonna happen w/o strong HA presence of your guildies. Def shards might not offer same kill pressure but by being annoying enough and hard to kill you give room for your guildies to do their stuff and thus being way more useful than landing an extra kill here or there.

    Its not a **** class say archer but it really isnt broken OP either. Imo Wanmei did pretty good job balancing the new classes so far.
  • cosmosia1989cosmosia1989 Posts: 136 Arc User
    Edge needs to be attack shards too to really make a difference sadly and yes, ppl can easily abuse their squishness. Edge can deal massive AoE damage and cater their damage type the every element they could need in any specific situation but even that is limited. Pure Melee is very difficult in this game due to many reasons but Edges can scrape by if they play it smart. A max damage edge with their Ulti + Shield of Halo is something you need to get away from asap and prey he doesnt wanna chase you, cause otherwise you will be in deep trouble...but thats basically it for mass-pvp...once that is on CD...all you can basically do is be either sneaky support or just kite away. Ofc, in 1v1 this class is hyper-broken with a rend weapon and a dex genie...naturally, cause if it procs with fire stance on and combined with genie spark..its gg OS. Same for physical damage with their own debuff + mire on top of rend, thats also easily OS-Level for most selfbuffed classes in 1v1. Rend is the top choice for Edge in any situation. Killing with random zerks is gonna be tough since not much CC, so better chances to proc rend and get AA on the target or use your own debuffs on top.

    Without rend..welp, pressure is gonna be difficult cause the majority of non-melee classes just have to survive the 20 seconds of Shattering Scream, which can be easily done by popping a Dew or something similar for the first time round and after that...the edge will struggle alot to catch the target. Sure, you can circumvent this by using an Occult Ice genie, which works brilliantly in 1v1 since they can chill a bit with their genie due to their own set of survival skills but in mass that might not be this smart...cause once your genie is done and a single shield...the time until the next shield is up is more than enough to get hyper CCed and AAed to death.

    PS: Archer is not a weak class! Esp. after the next update. DBs will **** their pants when they see equally geared archers.
  • datsangdatsang Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited July 31

    PS: Archer is not a weak class! Esp. after the next update. DBs will **** their pants when they see equally geared archers.

    What are archers getting? Melee dmg reduction gone and demons access to sage stormrage? Doesnt seem awfully useful to me. But I should of been more clear, archers w/o GoF bows are a **** class. Archers beauty in mass lies in its limited need for support, archer doesnt need much cleric attention most of the time. Unless they geared out the **** and receive special attention. But that combined with zerk bow, which does make a massive difference, makes the class pretty useful. However I would much rather have pretty much any other class with that kind of gear.

    The price tag on S4 GoF bow however is pretty ridiculous. S3 can work but you are giving away 20+ attack levels for it depending on your R9 bow. Basically to have archer in somewhat decent place its gonna cost a lot more than getting say seeker in good place, which his just disgusting in mass if played right. And not get **** on small scale either.
  • cosmosia1989cosmosia1989 Posts: 136 Arc User
    Ya, but if you have decent gear on an Archer and (its so rare in this game that I believe ppl when they say archer is useless) know how to play it to its maximum capacity, you can outperform most classes in mass-pvp with it, exactly due to the fact that archer is slippery and thus mostly doesnt get focused much. An Archer can make short work of SBs/DBs after the next update and thus take out key players in any form of PvP..DBs in general will cry when they suddenly get maximum damage from any caster/ranged class in the game..man this is going to be hella fun. They already cheer cause they can tank sins and stuff better but trust me, those classes are nothing compared to what some ranged classes can dish out from so far away, that you cant even do anything about it in most cases (as the DB after the nerf).

    Also, archer had to kite away from anyone just to be able to deal some decent damage, thus losing valuable Save skills and DD-time when they just want to deal damage, so if the gear allows, you can just stand infront of ppl and nuke the hell out of them. If the right glyphs are used there is damage in spades, sadly no archer cept for me uses non-garbage glyphs :(

    Anyhow, tho a good example, archer will be a big problem for Edgerunners too, esp if the archer sports a rend bow, if it procs and the pala just used a shield skill..welp, gg wp, dead pala. There are ways to prevent this and maybe kill the archer before all this for the edge but that requires some serious thought and planning ahead..hence why I like this class so much, same applies to archer, my favorite class in the game :D

    Edges strength definitively lies in fighting melee classes and most HA/LA, since they can even put magical pressure on and do not ever have to rely on accuracy at all if they dont want to. Just Spark (genie) alone can amp fire stance's damage significantly (roughly 80% more damage with a 100 dex genie on equally geared ppl (HA/LA without mdef buff or additional vit/magic stats), so they can at least put some decent pressure on. Survival then is decided by how smart the edge plays, won't be easy vs Barbs, BMs and Sins, but DBs and Seeker should be fairly easy. Ranged classes are not that easy in general if they play smart, esp SBs are a big problem for both edges and tecs, obviously.
  • datsangdatsang Posts: 130 Arc User
    The melee dmg reduction only matters in 1vs1 pretty much. I understand you find them appealing but I couldnt care less bout them, just a personal preference though.

    I am curious what are "non garbage glyphs" - Archer glyphs arent set in stone but to make such bold claim I`d like to see more than just Trump esque "I know better" bs.

    There is literally handful of rend bows out there across all servers because its not primary proc for archers. "Everybody" will get first bow with GoF first after which they get rend if they can bother. But amount of ppl who sport with rend bow is really small. I might be exaggerating how rare those bows are but I cant think of a single one on Et, pretty sure the one I knew of got GoF now though they could of made 2nd bow I suppose.
  • cosmosia1989cosmosia1989 Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 1
    It's bit derailing but sure, here goes:

    There are some must have glyphs that are not debateable for archer in any Situation. that's mainly 2 of them, being a red glyph each on Aim Low and Stunning Arrow. Anyone that uses different glyphs on those skills simply did not test it decently. On paper, the argent glyphs seem appealing but the argent glyph is massively bugged for Stunning Arrow, the duration is always shorter than the red one, even if you let it charge fully, yet I see many ppl still use that glyph...begs the question..do they even pay attention to what they do at all?

    I mentioned those 2 skills first because they are the Main CC skills and thus absolute must-have in any form of PvP. Then if you wanna deal some nice damage and abuse some hidden mechanics of the archer class, I highly suggest using the argent glyphs on Knockback and Quickshot as well. Why? Well, again, ppl have not tested this enough..and I already uploaded enough videos to show how insanely powerful those glyphs are..well, anyways, both make each skill chargable. This allows to perform charmbypasses with 2 skills combined in an extended mannor. Usually, just Quickshot + insta Take Aim can do this, since they are so fast that the server counts them as one if you have decent ping. If you argent glyph all of those skills..then they are interchangeable to the same effect. You can use either of them in any order you want and get juicy charmbypasses (only 2 skills max tho).

    Tho it depends on what you wanna do and what you need to do in which situation in PvP. I would also recommend using Thunder Shock with the argent glyph, an instant metal debuff to support while AAing is nice, Thunder Strike does not neccesarily need a glyph, it's fast enough as it is and thunderous blast...welp, even with an argent glyph that skill is still slow and weak af..I can understand of ppl want to have more ranged AOEs and it can be good in some situations..but usually I just dont use that skill at all. So if you need more survi, you can skip the glyph on Quickshot (tho it will limit your physical damage output and pressure, the difference in speed is noticable if you do lots of micromanagement) for the Thundershock glyph and use the remaining glyphs for either more damage reduction on WoG or both leaps with ranged damage reduction, tho mostly for me, one leap is enough for emergencies. So golden WoG + Argent right Leap (I just like that more, doesnt matter tho) and you should be good to go.

    Those are the only alterations tho. Any other glyph setup is utterly pointless. I say that while sporting some Blue glyphs myself and having channeling stones in my bows. Blue glyphs on the metal skills retain very good damage and are nearly as fast as the argent glyphs (counting in serverlag and all that ofc) but deal a bit more damage. But this is my special thing that I only mainly use in some 1v1s vs certain classes. Usually I just go with my physical spam. Also increases chances to purge/proc rend and keeps def charms off (both of them since fire selfbuff), all of which is vastly superior to other combinations.

    I have tested all other combintions and none even come close to the power of this setup, hence why I do not accept any other glyphs on skills, esp Stunning Arrow, Aim Low and Knockback Arrow -> those are key skills that are always crazy useful. Knockbacks CD is long, but despite being a charged skill, there is no damage reduction if you use it insta, this only applies to the metal skills. And let it charge fully for some nice additional damage, if you have the time for it.

    You can see all hyped archers in the game, literally all of them that also post videos, that they are using hyper garbage glyphs and nerfing themselves for no reason at all. If I was nasty and mean I could say that I just don't understand how ppl can be so inferior despite playing only one class for nearly 10 years while I play all of them and still have it figured out way better...welp, determination and effort are everything, just as I said millions of times before.

    PS: If anyone has any question regarding any mechanic of the game, I tested about anything there is to test, incl the new classes. So just ask and I will answer eventually.
  • datsangdatsang Posts: 130 Arc User
    I dont know bout you but I tested charge stun a lot after ppl claimed its bugged. I never had issues with its stun duration so if there is a glitch its not affecting everyone, which makes very little sense. Unless it became later bugged for everyone, havent paid attention to it much lately.

    Aim low is heavily 1vs1 oriented glyph choice, it offers pretty much nothing in mass and as such I would never glyph it due preferences in what I care to focus on in this game.

    Knockback arrow is an interesting choice if is glitched as you claim and gets skill dmg bonus on instant charge. I would have to log archer and see if I can switch something around for it. My initial assumption is I would go 2/2/2 glyph bonus, which is no bueno for mass, you dont really get hit much and as such getting dmg bonus on anybody is pretty useful.

    Lastly my personal choice on red QS is because I feel I am turning more of a purge bot with my outdated archer nowdays I am unwilling to upgrade. Thats why I run chi on LS too, too cheap to switch to sage at this point and thus getting some chi back from "metal combo" feels pretty nice.

    But yea, this is getting derailed quite a bit. I guess my point is more bout the fact most archers dont care bout 1vs1s and glyph choices reflect that.
  • cosmosia1989cosmosia1989 Posts: 136 Arc User
    But thats just the thing: Most ppl that play archer and keep on upgrading them go for full damage, yet they dont go with the highest possible damage and waste their glyphs on hyper predictable metal skills. It is far easier to pop a HoS, esp in mass, there are always some metal classes trying to AA you with it anyways, then it is to use expel and get away with it and to put HoS pressure, like I said, esp with AA is easy enough, no need to waste your own skills on it.

    Aim Low is must have with the red glyph. It enhances an archers CC, it's just, but it's still 2.5 seconds (lv5) of a stun-like CC that can be the end of ppl with enough AA. Thats the biggest issue most factions/mass pvp squads have..they dont focus on CC. They deal big damage, they could kill ppl, yet they break out and are able to friggin use a pot or whatnot just because they are not getting CCed despite having enough classes there that could. CC is life, quite literally the most important thing in this game. This is also why Edges and esp Tecs have it very hard as anything that is not AA cause ppl can just walk away from them most of the time.
  • Only way archer will get an upgrade if china perfect world finally learn that archer weakest class in pvp compare to other classes but cn pw mainly r8rrr than r9/g17 gear though...
  • dingo488dingo488 Posts: 924 Arc User
    Archer is one of the strongest classes in the game right now. Only reason people see it differently is because people are terrible at playing together. In PWI people think self-enabling classes like Sins/Seekers are OP. Meanwhile Archers, when enabled, never stop attacking, never stop DPSing, killing multiple people in the same time other classes kill 1, without spending a single resource to do so. Pretty strong.

    Their weakness? They need someone else to enable them.


    IGN: Madskillz
  • cosmosia1989cosmosia1989 Posts: 136 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Archer is one of the strongest classes in the game right now. Only reason people see it differently is because people are terrible at playing together. In PWI people think self-enabling classes like Sins/Seekers are OP. Meanwhile Archers, when enabled, never stop attacking, never stop DPSing, killing multiple people in the same time other classes kill 1, without spending a single resource to do so. Pretty strong.

    Their weakness? They need someone else to enable them.

    I have to agree. Both archer and tec should gain BP and GoF on their r9 weapons from the get go, then ppl would not claim them to be weak at all anyways.

    One thing I would love to be added to archer and tec alike is a skill that allows them to never miss a hit for a certain duration with not too much crazy downtime. Seriously, eva/accu are so friggin obsolute..its not even funny..recently while testing with my purge weap on tec..I missed 5 times in a row with 19k accu on a 1k eva caster and sins with 15k accu jump my botc boosted archer (60k+ eva) and hit every hit of an elimination...this rng kinda makes archer weaker than they would normally be able to without this BS. Just like back in the day when even archers basic CC skills were chance based and could miss..if they had 100% accu on anything and none of their CC could ever miss, they would be a whole different level of power cause even now, in most situations, I personally only struggle on my archer if some of my hits/multiple hits miss on the target. If it doesnt, there is always a way to kill literally anyone, esp with rend ^^
  • padautz17padautz17 Posts: 61 Arc User
    what was the name of the topic again? "archer skills" right?
  • hoshichanhoshichan Posts: 149 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Archer is one of the strongest classes in the game right now. Only reason people see it differently is because people are terrible at playing together. In PWI people think self-enabling classes like Sins/Seekers are OP. Meanwhile Archers, when enabled, never stop attacking, never stop DPSing, killing multiple people in the same time other classes kill 1, without spending a single resource to do so. Pretty strong.

    Their weakness? They need someone else to enable them.

    i guess you also have been hit by a certain archer on your server, that managed to place 8 hits within 1.5 second and claims it to be "argent glyphs" :D
  • hokker#1570 hokker Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 17
    Hi guys, Don't know if someone already talked about it but here we go:
    That skill Shield of Monstrosity, I tested and it can reflect debuffs however it can reflect negative damage like edged blur(seeker skill) and purge(veno skill), even the Instant kill skill from the Tech can be reflected(however she needs to have 15%- HP to the skill works) genie skills are reflected to the genie owner too*
    sorry if you already noticed that
    Post edited by hokker#1570 on
  • fuseekaymefuseekayme Posts: 24 Arc User
    Hi guys, Don't know if someone already talked about it but here we go:
    That skill Shield of Monstrosity, I tested and it can reflect debuffs however it can reflect negative damage like edged blur(seeker skill) and purge(veno skill), even the Instant kill skill from the Tech can be reflected(however she needs to have 15%- HP to the skill works) genie skills are reflected to the genie owner too*
    sorry if you already noticed that

    do you also know that normal attacks count as a skill? so if they use 3 attacks without any debuff's that skill disappears hence its useless, and its not rocket science and people will realize that soon, and you have to use it at the right time too since it uses 100 energy. also to add it doesnt refect the passive skills on psy when you attack them and you still get stuned etc... and people talking like edge's are god: let me put it this way, wings of desolation is a good skill but you cant jump/fly while your on it, ulti can be countered really easy because you cant fly when your on it...its good in xtw but that skill useless in so many ways once people figure out how to counter it
Sign In or Register to comment.