PC & Mobile Similarities

For those who played both the PC version of Perfect World 2/PWI and Perfect World mobile, how would you rate each feature in them in terms of similarity to each other? Examples: Housing, Cube of Fate, dungeons, class skills, etc.
Tagged:

Comments

• calorien
    calorien Posts: 36 Arc User
    Only played PWM for a couple days now and haven't tried out all the classes, just as cleric up to 45.

Biggest difference up front: only the three original races (human, winged elf, untamed) and untamed is restricted to barbarian - no playable venomancers. Also, winged elf classes are gender locked - you only have choice of gender for Blademaster (which I think is renamed Warrior) and Wizard.

Skills look to be largely similar. However, cleric buffs are restricted to party phys/mag def buff bestowed by chromatic heal. Cooldowns on pots are a lot longer. BB is limited to 15 seconds (or until you run out of mana). Plume shot now takes no mana and is the cleric auto-attack.

I haven't seen any indication of housing or cube of fate yet. Dungeons are completely different.
    The PWI info-fox formerly known as Mayfly - Dreamweaver
  • wisheswolf
    wisheswolf Posts: 7 Arc User
    I wouldn't say the dungeons are completly differnt, but I would say they changed what culti is to what dungeon.

I have seen so far: 59, Abba and SoT.

Acturaly found 59's mobile abusing as you had all the different element bosses thown at you in the centre one after the other.
  • antonio0590
    antonio0590 Posts: 144 Arc User
    The first dungeon on mobile is basically 29 with the tower and the last boss turns into qinzi (renamed).
    And the cave of treasures in mobile is the last part of 79 with linus and brig (renamed).
  • ronsaheb#6736
    ronsaheb#6736 Posts: 1 New User
    So I got my wife into Neverwinter about 8-10 months ago and we've had a blast building characters together and running dungeons, skirmishs, etc. We both bought 6 months of VIP and she buys Zen occasionally for random things she wants or needs. She's a bit of a hoarder in-game and had been looking forward to buying a Runic Bag of Holding.

Recently they had a one-day sale of 50% off everything in the Zen market so she bought the Zen she needed and goes to purchase the bag but it's grayed out even though the cost of the bag is 800 Zen and she has 1300. She restarts the game several times but the bag is still unable to be purchased. She submits a support ticket and several days later is sent a condescending response along the lines of "Thank you for your understanding that we will do nothing to rectify this issue". She purchased Zen to take advantage of a sale, was unable to make said purchase because of an error with the game, and then basically told "Sorry you gave us money to purchase something that we were not able to sell you because of an error and you must now pay full price."

What I assumed would be a non-issue and a simple "sorry for the inconvenience, here's a one-time 50% off a bag coupon" or something to correct the problem was instead met with a "go f*#k yourself and thanks for understanding" response. She won't even open the game now and unless a resolution is met I think I've lost my Neverwinter gaming partner.

Has anyone had similar experiences or know of a way to get this issue settled or is Arc just another in a sad theme of gaming companies taking the money and running and giving lackluster support at best? I love the game and we were about to start the Star Trek game as well but I don't know if I can continue to give money to a company that seems to not care about customers.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    So I got my wife into Neverwinter about 8-10 months ago and we've had a blast building characters together and running dungeons, skirmishs, etc. We both bought 6 months of VIP and she buys Zen occasionally for random things she wants or needs. She's a bit of a hoarder in-game and had been looking forward to buying a Runic Bag of Holding.

Recently they had a one-day sale of 50% off everything in the Zen market so she bought the Zen she needed and goes to purchase the bag but it's grayed out even though the cost of the bag is 800 Zen and she has 1300. She restarts the game several times but the bag is still unable to be purchased. She submits a support ticket and several days later is sent a condescending response along the lines of "Thank you for your understanding that we will do nothing to rectify this issue". She purchased Zen to take advantage of a sale, was unable to make said purchase because of an error with the game, and then basically told "Sorry you gave us money to purchase something that we were not able to sell you because of an error and you must now pay full price."

What I assumed would be a non-issue and a simple "sorry for the inconvenience, here's a one-time 50% off a bag coupon" or something to correct the problem was instead met with a "go f*#k yourself and thanks for understanding" response. She won't even open the game now and unless a resolution is met I think I've lost my Neverwinter gaming partner.

Has anyone had similar experiences or know of a way to get this issue settled or is Arc just another in a sad theme of gaming companies taking the money and running and giving lackluster support at best? I love the game and we were about to start the Star Trek game as well but I don't know if I can continue to give money to a company that seems to not care about customers.

You may want to post this onto the Neverwinter forums since this forum is for Perfect World International, so we can't really help you here. I don't know if get a resolution you'll like, but maybe players over there may be able to help you. I'm not sure if you can maybe request a refund of the zen instead? Not sure if that's a thing.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • notonlyjudge
    notonlyjudge Posts: 23 Arc User
    auto battle best feature pwm
  • limkai#8989
    limkai#8989 Posts: 1 New User
    > @ronsaheb#6736 said:
    > So I got my wife into Neverwinter about 8-10 months ago and we've had a blast building characters together and running dungeons, skirmishs, etc. We both bought 6 months of VIP and she buys Zen occasionally for random things she wants or needs. She's a bit of a hoarder in-game and had been looking forward to buying a Runic Bag of Holding.
    >
    > Recently they had a one-day sale of 50% off everything in the Zen market so she bought the Zen she needed and goes to purchase the bag but it's grayed out even though the cost of the bag is 800 Zen and she has 1300. She restarts the game several times but the bag is still unable to be purchased. She submits a support ticket and several days later is sent a condescending response along the lines of "Thank you for your understanding that we will do nothing to rectify this issue". She purchased Zen to take advantage of a sale, was unable to make said purchase because of an error with the game, and then basically told "Sorry you gave us money to purchase something that we were not able to sell you because of an error and you must now pay full price."
    >
    > What I assumed would be a non-issue and a simple "sorry for the inconvenience, here's a one-time 50% off a bag coupon" or something to correct the problem was instead met with a "go f*#k yourself and thanks for understanding" response. She won't even open the game now and unless a resolution is met I think I've lost my Neverwinter gaming partner.
    >
    > Has anyone had similar experiences or know of a way to get this issue settled or is Arc just another in a sad theme of gaming companies taking the money and running and giving lackluster support at best? I love the game and we were about to start the Star Trek game as well but I don't know if I can continue to give money to a company that seems to not care about customers.

Not faced anything yet. Hope I'll never ever face this.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Closed due to necro.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
This discussion has been closed.