Identity stone

Options
speculate123
speculate123 Posts: 12 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
I have a question, once I change my name using identity stone, can another person use the name I had before I changed it to something else? Any mod/person who has tried it?
Post edited by speculate123 on

Comments

• PVM_only - Sanctuary
    PVM_only - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    yes your previous name will be free for others to take
  • Trollguard - Sanctuary
    Trollguard - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    No. Your old name can never be used by another person. This also means that you cannot change back to your old name again. So think carefully before you change your character's name.
  • speculate123
    speculate123 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    No. Your old name can never be used by another person. This also means that you cannot change back to your old name again. So think carefully before you change your character's name.

Looking at your nickname, i dont know who to belive now
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Someone on our server changed his name, didn't like it, changed back again but had to alter it. His old name was unable to be re-used again. That should answer your question I guess.
  • Roeham - Archosaur
    Roeham - Archosaur Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    once you change your name your old name is gone forever it cant be used by you or anyone again
  • XDeliciousx - Morai
    XDeliciousx - Morai Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

yes, this is true. Your old name is taken forever b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Deliylah ~ director of Revision (revision.shivtr.com)
    sage R9 cleric, lvl 105-104-103

YouTube: youtube.com/user/DeviIiciousAngel
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Oh man, I just thought of something...
    I've see this one guy who changed his name like 4 times already <.< and I think I know his plan now.
    He's going to take -all- the names, so no one can make a character ever again without a lucky keyboard smash b:shocked
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Oh man, I just thought of something...
    I've see this one guy who changed his name like 4 times already <.< and I think I know his plan now.
    He's going to take -all- the names, so no one can make a character ever again without a lucky keyboard smash b:shocked

That was probably me. And I have no such plans. Quite happy with my current name. :) PWI was my favorite developer of all time for one day when I got rid of my original name. Seriously, **** that name.
  • shanna#7128
    shanna#7128 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    PWI really needs to fix the explanation because I thought I just couldn't use again on the character I deleted the name from! There should be the warning wording like Trollguard indicated!
  • gas2016#5086
    gas2016#5086 Posts: 72 Arc User
    Options
    K, so people think the name can't be used, Well, tested it:

- changing the name back to an earlier name didn't work
    - changed a character on an other account with the name I used earlier: it worked
    - changed another character with a name of a character that I deleted ftom another account: it worked

So in my opinion the character/account that used a name earlier can't get the name back however anyone else can use the name.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    Options
    Ill have to close this necro thread,

Please start a new discussion on this if required.

Thanks.​​
This discussion has been closed.