Unable to world chat to get group, ques never work

So new to game unable to chat in world chat because you need to buy some dumb **** to do that WHICH makes getting a group impossible. I tried to que to do a instance for my quest and sat for an hour with NO MATCH EVER. How can we progress if it is busted and does not work?

Comments

• magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    First place I think of is center of the Archosaur, where you can ask for help.

Second faction may be (you can join it).

Depending on level of the dungeon it is possible to solo or duo it (combined with character from your other account). It is from my own experience, since I had done it myself.

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Nobody really uses the matching system to join squads for dungeons, I'm not even sure if people know it exists. I would definitely recommend joining a faction for some help especially once you get to the higher levels. If your quest is for Lightsail Cave, it is possible to solo it but you may need to kill some monsters outside to level up a bit if you aren't able to. Most other dungeon quests are optional unless it's for your cultivation so you won't be in dungeons too much thankfully.

Another option is to seek out the PWI Facebook group (not the official one) or the PWI discord server and ask for help there.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • engrish#1692
    engrish#1692 Posts: 41 Arc User
    and there's another option: use this forum, write what you need and on what server you're playing. Will take more time so just writing - without teleacoustics - is the most easiest solution. The only thing I want to know is on what server you're playing. If it's the same as mine you will get help for bh;'s, culti's etcetera.
  • billygoat69
    billygoat69 Posts: 3 Arc User
    US West Twighlight Temple server name, Nametaken and I am a lvl 19 mystic.
  • billygoat69
    billygoat69 Posts: 3 Arc User
    This game has me so upset, can't find a master, or get into a group or faction. Seems like NO ONE is ever on or something.
  • gas2016#5086
    gas2016#5086 Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    This game has me so upset, can't find a master, or get into a group or faction. Seems like NO ONE is ever on or something.

I don't play on TT server but I checked that one today after reading the complete discussion. First thing to do for me was to find a guild so I pressed G for the 'Join Faction' window: SERBIA seems to be a new faction with only 1 member, no need to apply to that one since you would still be alone, Asylum has 32 members and is a level 3 guild. Could be interesting if you want to grow with them. Then I noticed KickRocks, advertising with 'enviro n ment/teaching faction/discord'. Could be a good guild. Same for Dark Rage. Shameless could be skipped, 12 members but advertising with 'name only faction'. No need to be a member since the text should say enough. Well, just check for yourself if you see an interesting guild.

Second thing to do was watching world-chat. It's not too late; only 0:45 now but I didn't see any text in world-chat except the red system messages. Looks like everyone died but I've seen a few active people and many people in PK mode while staying in a save zone. A bit moron thingy to do but I've seen this happening on all servers. Visited a few cities. Again not so active. Was a bit shocked about Archosaur. Not many walking people but enough shops. So people are willing to sell stuff while the server isn't active (at this time). But then, around 1:00 AM some people started to use world chat but I don't know if they would spend time to help low level peoples. World-chat 'died' again. Visited Jolly Old Jones, only to find many toons with German names. Just standing still to collect some coins and to relog to another toon. Checked the time zone: in Germany it's 10:00 AM so maybe the one who's playing is working on the free PWI coins while having a real job would give more profit. But it seems the server was getting alive. Again not sure if any would help. None of the characters near Jolly Old Jones had a faction.

Like I wrote, not playing on that server myself. If you played on mine (TS server) then I'm sure you would have help. It's just more active than TT server. But then again, time zones are so different. I would 'edit' this comment if I was online for 24 hours. But I've got more things to do.

It could take you some time but eventually you can be in a faction, get help and more.