Back after couple years

Hello peeps,

I started playing the game again since 4 days, but it seems i ran into a wall here. Im lvl63 and every quest im starting results into a quick death...
So I got the feeling im really underpowered :)

One of the quest I did gave me 7x ''Ancient Transscipt'' which i can use to make Genesis gears, but even after hours of waiting for a squad to form, nothing happens. Guess not many people around my level. And with only 7 of those items, i cant even make weapon.

Is it worth it to just keep waiting for a squad or can I do something else to power myself up a bit?

Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Nowadays you can do the Coming of Age classic quest chain to get the same level 55 armor and weapon, so you won't really find anyone going to Quicksand Maze for those materials now. If you did the quests before the Wings of Rebirth expansion came out though, you won't be able to get the gear. There are other quests you can find in the Perfect World Anecdote will also give things like shards and other gear.

For some quest chains you will probably need help with things like bosses even if you have all of the quest gear, so it may be beneficial to join a faction to get some help as well.

You can also try leveling up by doing stuff like Phoenix Valley. They changed it for lower levels so you don't do it in a squad anymore, you do it solo and it's very easy to do. Your gear doesn't matter either since you use a dragon mount to kill the mobs.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • den28nl
    den28nl Posts: 43 Arc User
    Interesting name lol.
    Anyways if you're on European server, I can help you get some gear with the ancient transcript
  • kopkaas
    kopkaas Posts: 8 Arc User
    obielle wrote: »
    Nowadays you can do the Coming of Age classic quest chain to get the same level 55 armor and weapon, so you won't really find anyone going to Quicksand Maze for those materials now. If you did the quests before the Wings of Rebirth expansion came out though, you won't be able to get the gear. There are other quests you can find in the Perfect World Anecdote will also give things like shards and other gear.

For some quest chains you will probably need help with things like bosses even if you have all of the quest gear, so it may be beneficial to join a faction to get some help as well.

You can also try leveling up by doing stuff like Phoenix Valley. They changed it for lower levels so you don't do it in a squad anymore, you do it solo and it's very easy to do. Your gear doesn't matter either since you use a dragon mount to kill the mobs.

Thanks! I was doing the ''wrong quests'' it seems, they were impossible at my lvl [bosses at lvl80ish..]. Now Im back on track I think :)

I went in Phoenix Valley, but the mobs were very high lvl and no dragon mount far as i could find out. [ill look into this later]. But thanks!

den28nl wrote: »
    Interesting name lol.
    Anyways if you're on European server, I can help you get some gear with the ancient transcript

Hehe :)
    And nope i started this toon when there wasnt any EU server, but thanks anyway!
  • gas2016#5086
    gas2016#5086 Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    There was an EU server but the client was different. I played on it before I went to our 'current' version. Wondering on what server you're playing now. If it's Tideswell you should contact _Undead_ leader (or just invite yourself by pressing G). Leader is also living in your timezone and speaks that language.
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • sam#2624
    sam#2624 Posts: 2 New User
    Are those dungeons still a thing? Like fb59, 79 et c? Haven't played in years, FCC, Nirvana, Warsong still a thing?
  • gas2016#5086
    gas2016#5086 Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    Some things changed like for fb59 you don't need to go in the dungeon but for the bounty hunter quests you do. FCC can still be done, people still camp Warsong because they don't want to spend 12 mirages but idk about Nirvana. Never seen anyone near Nirvana for years. At least not on the server I'm playing.