[MAINT] SERVER MAINTENANCE 09/3/19 (Complete)

heerohex#3018
heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
Please Feel Free to Update If needs Be. Please note this is not the Official Info and as such you should keep checking for updates. This post should only be used as a reminder for standard Maint Times and info.
Server Status Provided By @nrglg (Reload Page To Update)
current.png

If there is maintenance tonight expect it to be the usual time unless any updates, from 11pm to 2am PDT.

Edit For Patch Notes Link Here. Or Assume for just a Server Restart / Minor Updates.
Maintenance is expected to last approximately 4 hours, so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
*Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

As we approach 11 YEARS of PWI!

Question for this week - It has almost been 11 years for PWI. So what are your thoughts on PWI's 11 Anniversary?

Thanks.
​​
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited September 2019
    Ah, I should probably say it's the 11 year anniversary this year :o but if anything, my psy will be 10 years old in a few months :p

For the anniversary, I'm kinda hoping we'll at least have some kind of event or even just a code but there hasn't been a lot going on for months now. Otherwise, it's possible we might get the next major update soon which I suppose also counts as an "anniversary celebration"? Haha
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • mtho10
    mtho10 Posts: 3 Arc User
    you voiced my thoughts exactly.
  • heerohex#3018
    edited September 2019
    obielle wrote: »
    Ah, I should probably say it's the 11 year anniversary this year :o but if anything, my psy will be 10 years old in a few months :p

For the anniversary, I'm kinda hoping we'll at least have some kind of event or even just a code but there hasn't been a lot going on for months now. Otherwise, it's possible we might get the next major update soon which I suppose also counts as an "anniversary celebration"? Haha

Really should really not do these posts when I'm half asleep.

Yer I'm with you on this one. A code an event and announcements of the update? Or fix multi client... May have opened that one too much.

Thanks.
  • brantanor
    brantanor Posts: 72 Arc User
    My oldest char, 9/9/2009, a cleric, just recently got his demon culti done (i know...demon, but that was my choice at that time), finally after 10 years with some gaps in between. The game is addictive and keeps fascinating due to the constant changes over the years.

Not all of the changes are good though. There's the still high cost of R9, the intense farming requirements for some other gear, like g17 and the likes (which only can be used if you ever reach 105) , the difficulty and 'bypasses' of certain instances.

I was surprised that one of my new chars got over 1300 mirages that can only be used for lower gear, gear which you only use for a little while.... don't see the point of that really. The free orbs you get are nice, even if the transfers of refines aren't possible. To be honest, the cost of transferring refines is rediculously high that it really isn't worth it for high lvl gear imo.

On the good side, we got over the years several new classes, some of which are quite fun to play. I love my technician, the CC's, traps, max crit on spark... you name it, it's fun to play with. I suspect not a lot of players know the benefits of bringing a tech along in their runs. With spirit blackhole on the weapon, great CC and an additional trap dmg boost on bosses techs are imo a little bit underestimated. But i'm diverging.

For a 11 year anniversary i would expect (hope might be a better word) at least an anniversary code with some goodies for both old and new players, a mount, and maybe, just maybe some minor bug fixes that would make life sooo much easier.

Oww, and least i forget, re-use a forgotten instance like Nirvana again. what a waste. And by the time you get to do an instance like bh 59-69-79, you've already surpassed it in level making it obsolete to go in there unless you happen to be in that range on the day that you get it as a bh.

Maybe it's hoping in vain, but it's still hope.
  • laulupullo
    laulupullo Posts: 39 Arc User
    my oldest char is my veno September 2nd 2008 from Heaven's Tear server when those opened...got back on spring after over 8 years break so i dont expect anything from this game :D
  • I have been coming and going to Perfect World for awhile. Id try it, go to something else, come back and try again. Finally my boyfriend plays it, he has a level 98 re-birthed once so really level 198. He loves this game and has since the beginning though he took a little bit of a break. He's shown my the joys of Perfect World that i didn't experience or find on my own. I am LOVING the game now, I love everything about it. I am a Venomancer. I love the class and the pets. I'm glad its stuck around so long. It really is a treasure and I hope it keeps being updated and keeps going for many years to come!
  • heerohex#3018
    I have been coming and going to Perfect World for awhile. Id try it, go to something else, come back and try again. Finally my boyfriend plays it, he has a level 98 re-birthed once so really level 198. He loves this game and has since the beginning though he took a little bit of a break. He's shown my the joys of Perfect World that i didn't experience or find on my own. I am LOVING the game now, I love everything about it. I am a Venomancer. I love the class and the pets. I'm glad its stuck around so long. It really is a treasure and I hope it keeps being updated and keeps going for many years to come!

Any Tips for getting others interested are good. Ive been trying for years to get my partner to try.

Thanks.​​
  • kiieraa
    kiieraa Posts: 4 Arc User
    Any update on when the servers will be going back online ^^?
  • heerohex#3018
    kiieraa wrote: »
    Any update on when the servers will be going back online ^^?

Sorry No, I dont have access to this info sadly.

Thanks.​​
  • well, hard to think of what to say really. He brought it up and we started talking about it. He was telling me all he accomplished and about the mechanics he'd learned. How to do this, how to get that gear, fastest ways to lvl up your other skills like from mining ( yes the word escapes me right now), how to level up your pets and things like that. He told me stories of his faction and of the fun times he's had. I think what helps is that I do have already a love for games. So When I decided I would try it one more time, for him, it was sort of peaked already. Then as i started to play he made a new character with me and leveled up by my side while we worked on getting his main account back. It was so much fun having him show me the ropes and what to do, more fun then any tutorial would have. We laughed together, we killed things together.

Another part of it I think was doing it together. I didn't try it on my own, he came with me and played with me, and we play together. He has alot of knowledge on the game and he is soooo cool. He can kill so much **** XD I am envious of his Barbarian. The time together, enjoying something and not just doing it seperatly ( though now that im into it i do play solo sometimes on an alt character while he's at work) We are on the phone as we play, so always talking and just having a blast.

I'm not sure if this has helped... at all... just my experience lol. I know years ago my trouble was the graphics and I kept going back to things like Tera and Blade and Soul later on. But they are charming, and I am just falling in love with the game he already does. As he shares with me that love for this game, it just makes me love it more. Its OUR game now, and I'm really glad I gave it the chance.
  • laulupullo
    laulupullo Posts: 39 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    I have been coming and going to Perfect World for awhile. Id try it, go to something else, come back and try again. Finally my boyfriend plays it, he has a level 98 re-birthed once so really level 198. He loves this game and has since the beginning though he took a little bit of a break. He's shown my the joys of Perfect World that i didn't experience or find on my own. I am LOVING the game now, I love everything about it. I am a Venomancer. I love the class and the pets. I'm glad its stuck around so long. It really is a treasure and I hope it keeps being updated and keeps going for many years to come!

Any Tips for getting others interested are good. Ive been trying for years to get my partner to try.

Thanks.​​
    free cuddle almost 24/7 at east arch :P
  • heerohex#3018
    FYI Servers are Online.

Thanks.​​