FORUM EVENTS

iamtearsh
iamtearsh Posts: 103 Arc User
Game is boring and forum is alsoo boring.

Do you guys have no plan of having some kind of event like before?

Just something to tune up the game or community~ everything is in monotone.
x9YPRak.jpg

Comments

• sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    Well I have a lot of events; working, laundry, cooking, sleeping, spending money on nice drinks, getting drunk as f... and sometimes a little '****-break'. But forum events? Aren't forum events for people who don't know what to do when not playing PWI? lol. Personally I don't need the forum or anything else on Arc but need Arc just to start PWI. Since
    Game is boring and forum is alsoo boring.
    it is better just to uninstall the game and if you don't have installed other games via Arc you should uninstall Arc too. With that you actually have a chance to find something that isn't boring and makes your time a lot better.

I don't know how it is with most factions in PWI but in the factions I was in (left the last one 3 or 4 days ago because 'officers' didn't play anymore and I was about to quit PWI too) there where always events. They where written on Shivtr sites so there was no need to even start Arc. With Shivtr and even the Facebook 'sites' there is still a community. Imho the forum on Arc should be banned by everyone so they can spend more time in game or on more important things. :)
  • iamtearsh
    @sjampie welp sounds like ur problem that u have those stuff to do.. i have people to do those for me so i have so much free time.. also i don't join factions cos i don't see any need for it in my game.. i do dailies just fine w. wc sqs.. also if u dont need forum good for u.. i wonder why u are in the forum lurking tho.. lmfao.. haha hypocrite.
    x9YPRak.jpg

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    O Dear,

To be fair I would love to host some Forum / Ingame events.

My issue comes down to resources, I have no prizes or anything as rewards. Time is also a little well interesting but it could be planned and worked around. May be if I was given a few Codes every few months or so. Im leaving that open tho at that point.

Sorry,

and my signature, Thanks.​​
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    No @iamtearsh, I don't have any problem with doing stuff that is more important than a game. Like most people we can always find other people to do our stuff but I can't find a reason why a game should be more important. Wow! We would die if we can't play PWI anymore! Nah... Let's hope the servers will be used for many more years.
    It's true that we don't need factions unless we want to do stuff together. Most factions do. TW was always fun, events too. To give an answer about why I'm lurking the forum: PWI is slow. I can teleport to any location but sometimes I just fly and read threads, comments etc. But even this will stop. Earlier this week I wrote a comment about not commenting/replying anymore. Lol, this could even be my last comment. Well, I hope so.

To get back to your first post: You wrote "Game is boring and forum is alsoo boring." This means that you could search for a game that isn't boring or - if you want to play our 'boring PWI version' - find an active faction that is also active in using Shivtr. But we also have Facebook. I don't refer to the Facebook page where we can see fan-art, redeem codes and comments that are sad (like selling an account) but to the pages where people just can ask things, get answers and inform others if there is a redeem code. We also can make use of world-chat to ask questions, give answers and have events. So there are a lot of things that makes the game less boring for some people. Your question "Do you guys have no plan of having some kind of event like before?" shouldn't be asked in this forum but just in game. People should be able to answer.

Also @heero200, maybe a little reminder: "Community Moderators are unpaid volunteers, and their views and opinions may not reflect the views and opinions of PWE. In addition, as Community Moderators are not employees of PWE, their service to their community may be discontinued at any time they choose, or may be discontinued by a member of the PWE Community Team at any time and for any reason." This means there's no need for PWE to give anything- like redeem codes- away to a Community Moderator or any other player just for some kind of event. We're just on our own if we want to create an event.

By this we come back to the title of this topic: Forum Events. Since this forum isn't as active as other forums (and comments on social media), writing about an event would always be off-topic. We can't reach people via Arc forum and if we could, most people won't read it.

The question we can never answer: why is the game boring and why is the forum boring? But even that is personal and almost the same as the opinion of many players on FB (this game is dead). The only lesson we could learn: if we don't have fun in PWI we should uninstall the game and find a better game to play until the time comes we get bored or think that game died too.

Thanks for reading and sorry for wasting your time. ;)
  • heerohex#3018
    sjampie wrote: »
    No @iamtearsh, I don't have any problem with doing stuff that is more important than a game. Like most people we can always find other people to do our stuff but I can't find a reason why a game should be more important. Wow! We would die if we can't play PWI anymore! Nah... Let's hope the servers will be used for many more years.
    It's true that we don't need factions unless we want to do stuff together. Most factions do. TW was always fun, events too. To give an answer about why I'm lurking the forum: PWI is slow. I can teleport to any location but sometimes I just fly and read threads, comments etc. But even this will stop. Earlier this week I wrote a comment about not commenting/replying anymore. Lol, this could even be my last comment. Well, I hope so.

To get back to your first post: You wrote "Game is boring and forum is alsoo boring." This means that you could search for a game that isn't boring or - if you want to play our 'boring PWI version' - find an active faction that is also active in using Shivtr. But we also have Facebook. I don't refer to the Facebook page where we can see fan-art, redeem codes and comments that are sad (like selling an account) but to the pages where people just can ask things, get answers and inform others if there is a redeem code. We also can make use of world-chat to ask questions, give answers and have events. So there are a lot of things that makes the game less boring for some people. Your question "Do you guys have no plan of having some kind of event like before?" shouldn't be asked in this forum but just in game. People should be able to answer.

Also @heero200, maybe a little reminder: "Community Moderators are unpaid volunteers, and their views and opinions may not reflect the views and opinions of PWE. In addition, as Community Moderators are not employees of PWE, their service to their community may be discontinued at any time they choose, or may be discontinued by a member of the PWE Community Team at any time and for any reason." This means there's no need for PWE to give anything- like redeem codes- away to a Community Moderator or any other player just for some kind of event. We're just on our own if we want to create an event.

By this we come back to the title of this topic: Forum Events. Since this forum isn't as active as other forums (and comments on social media), writing about an event would always be off-topic. We can't reach people via Arc forum and if we could, most people won't read it.

The question we can never answer: why is the game boring and why is the forum boring? But even that is personal and almost the same as the opinion of many players on FB (this game is dead). The only lesson we could learn: if we don't have fun in PWI we should uninstall the game and find a better game to play until the time comes we get bored or think that game died too.

Thanks for reading and sorry for wasting your time. ;)

Indeed,

I would only consider something if I was asked. With the way things are I don't think we will see anything soon either.

Thanks.
  • iamtearsh
    @sjampie ...
    1. why is pwi boring.
    - ur answer is to find a new game that isn't boring.
    - i have other games. That's why the
    question is specific to the game.

2. Why forum boring
    - u want me to go find fac with shiv or see pages.
    - that would b me finding a way to enjoy
    myself. Still isn't a solution cos those
    are not under the game anymore. Idk
    if u know what i mean. But if u
    misunderstand that idm. It's just that
    before forum was fun just as
    @heero200 said. The old mod had
    resources . That's why im curious
    why they don't have anymore.
    x9YPRak.jpg

• heerohex#3018
    @iamtearsh Community Moderators have never really had resources. We have been asked to help with things in the past but nothing came of it.

At the moment we dont have a CM "Community Manager." They would be responsible for it. Im really just trying to fill some shoes of that with things and I do submit tickets on things for the community.

May be if the above ever changes, really PWE struggles with communication for what ever reason, until then Ill do what I can for the community but I do have my limits.

Thanks.​​
  • iamtearsh
    @heero200 yeah that explains it.. explains a lot.. thanks man..
    x9YPRak.jpg