Fake bidding in TW?

I have noticed the past 3 weeks 2 factions have bid on each other to prevent another TW faction from getting territories. I do know that one of the TW factions is a main and the other has a ton of alts from the main faction. If this bidding on each other is against the rules, then what is the consequences if any? BTW, if you are on the server this is happening, please do not mention the server and/or factions that is doing this.

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Usually the consequences of fake bidding is that the leader (and usually director I think) of the offending faction(s) will get banned. The ban is only temporary though from what I can remember, maybe a few weeks or something. For PWI to take any action though, they have to be notified via a ticket since they don't actively check for fake bidding.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    not sure whats more pathetic, ppl still fake bidding for 15 mil coins in 2019 or the fact that the support doesnt care.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    This should be reported via ticket and will be investigated by the team.

I can't comment on actions that could be taken.

Thanks.
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi#/discussion/745527/official-territory-war-bidding-rules

TW bidding rules.

As for punishments, I remember seeing leaders of offending guilds getting temp bans. I`ve also seen whole officer roster of a guild get temp ban because they had alts in another TW guild. These temp bans arent generally long ones, then again I`ve never seen fakebidding go to an extent its going on Et right now in it being consistent each week for like a month now.
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    It's happened again this week. trying to block across the map to prevent being bid on while at the same time, fake bidding a mass gank on a smaller faction.

[img][/img]KZOgEZh.png
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    valdisman wrote: »
    It's happened again this week. trying to block across the map to prevent being bid on while at the same time, fake bidding a mass gank on a smaller faction.

[img][/img]KZOgEZh.png

Kinda interesting that after I opened this discussion, the following week that happens. Don't worry PWI will not do anything.
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    Never has and never will. He pays them too much :D He's invincible ;)
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    Interesting topic but we can't do anything about it. It reminded me in the past when I got a message that 'we' could be banned if we have an alt in the opposite faction. At the time I only had one character, playing on 1 server but never heard that anyone was banned. But I know someone who was kicked from a faction just because she showed up for TW while the other faction members stayed in Archosaur because they where told to do so.
  • padautz17
    padautz17 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2019

[img][/img]KZOgEZh.png

hard to follow your argument because 4 factions are attacked by no-name factions

-2 factions attack Frenzied - never heard about 1 of these factions
    -2 factions attack Pegasos - never heard of any of these 2 factions
    -2 factions attack AEterni - never heard of any of these 2 factions
    -3 factions attack dementate - never heard about 2 of these factions

to sum up: 7 of these factions are alt-factions, looks like fake bidding is a common practice on ET server

but i'm not surprised actually and you shouldnt be as well, you are from ET, you should know it better - half of the server is abusing a glitch for a certain dungeon every single day and gms and hero know about it - do you see any punishments?! lawl there is only 1 thing gms or hero will do and that is to remove / edit this post because it says the harsh truth that they dont care about fairness and cheating in this game
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    Never has and never will. He pays them too much :D He's invincible ;)

So who is behind all these fakebids then?

Ps. Your first post makes zero sense as no main faction lost a bid this weekend.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,803 Community Moderator
    edited August 2019
    Ill be clear on a few things,

Im not impressed by recent suspected (At this point thats what it is) fake bids, and those who this affects should log a ticket.
    If its a faction please try to get the Leader or Director to Log and link this thread. No point in everyone for the sake of saving tickets.

I wont be moving or closing this thread, Unless Im requested to by someone higher up or it becomes past point and goes downhill.
    (I will be removing posts that are off point or break the forum rules in any way.)

If this is unclear please @heero200 me and I will do my best to help.

Thanks.​​