Damage Test Dummy

glay4fun
glay4fun Posts: 87 Arc User
Its a simple request, our damage test dummy havent been updated in like forever. The issu is that endgame you cant test your damage because you might kill the dummy just by debuffing without having to land the main hit. Wonder if it would be that hard to just set its HP from 1,000,000 to 10,000,000 so we can atliest test skills and damage on it.

Comments

• cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    But 10m would still be too little for some ppl. 1b hp with the option to despawn sounds reasonable. Then again, everyone has those limitations..so as long as we are all in the same boat it's still fine. It mainly affects those classes that have AMPs that are linked with damage, like BMs HF and Archers Blood Vow or Sins Subsea. A trick is to just unequip your tome, chart and whatever is neccessary + using a lv1 weapon to cast the debuff, quickly equip the stuff again and perform your highest hit. It's annoying, yes. Very much so but cant be helped.
  • glay4fun
    glay4fun Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Well it could be helped if the HP would be 10m. Atliest you could spark then land debuff and dont worry that the dummy would die, well unless you zerk crit...
  • maniakdark
    maniakdark Posts: 4 Arc User
    i feel this suggestion too and would bump it too or maybe not even just up the HP but just add more summon options perhaps 1 for 10m HP and one for maybe 50M for those where even 10m would be too little.
    because even i know with my char swapping too many things is impossible for the fact of some debuffs having a short time. meaning if i cant swap fast enough to do my hit ill miss some debuffs. so extra HP options would be nice
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    They don't need to change the hp but they have to add a few quests (including the amount of coins we need to pay) so one quest for 1kk HP, one for 10kk HP, one for 50kk HP and maybe one for 100kk HP. Would be nice for people who don't want to spend money on an 'epeen enlargement'. :D
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    The damage test dummy is completely useless. Who gives a how much damage you can do in a single hit? It has no ingame application at all. If they want a useful damage test dummy they should make one that checks your DPS for you, and you can apply whichever debuffs/buffs in the game you want on it so people can learn how to maximize the DPS on their class, something which people that have been playing a class for 5+ years still don't know. Basically like this

Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,797 Community Moderator
    Fair point.
    sjampie wrote: »
    They don't need to change the hp but they have to add a few quests (including the amount of coins we need to pay) so one quest for 1kk HP, one for 10kk HP, one for 50kk HP and maybe one for 100kk HP. Would be nice for people who don't want to spend money on an 'epeen enlargement'. :D

Nice idea, tho i can see the easier option.

Thanks.
  • padautz17
    padautz17 Posts: 66 Arc User
    You can use the Wood Dummys @ 442, 481 in Primal World. Keep in mind that they are in water which means you cant use certain skills such as Wind Shield. The dummys have 999 mil HP. Should be more than enough.