Perfect World Mobile

hmmnmmm
hmmnmmm Posts: 6 Arc User
So pre registration for the global PWM is open now. To be honest the gameplay I've watched looks like the game we all wanted this to become, so im quite intrigued although I know it will be micro transaction hell.

Anyone gonna give it a go or have any thoughts towards it? I haven't played PW for around 2 years myself so I'm quite excited to fall in love with it again.....hopefully....

Comments

• fededomino
    fededomino Posts: 243 Arc User
    by my self i wont play a mobile game cause of to small screen of today mobile ,, this can be google ( what will replace smartphone ) the future is coming
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    You can simply dock your Phone (most of them anyways) to an external Screen and play it there, even with keyboard and mouse rofl.

Inb4 ppl already call me tryhard again for using my Samsung DeX station :D I mean..WQHD on 28" is better than 6" :D

Actually cant wait for it. Looks nice and promising.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    I will probably give it a try, though I already play enough games so I don't think I'd really dedicate much time to it. It does look pretty nice from the videos I've seen. Still thinking of which class to start out with while venos aren't available on there yet.

From what I've seen in the game's discord server, it's Perfect World Games managing it instead of PWE. If my googling skills are decent, Perfect World Games is basically PWCN so that will be interesting to see as far as communication goes.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    I get the feeling it's gonna be like PWI PWCN looks after it pwe puts it on the market.

Thanks.
  • trader#9632
    trader#9632 Posts: 18 Arc User
    is there a trading system like pwi in pwm?
  • gas2016#5086
    gas2016#5086 Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Seen the game in Play Store but idk if it works on my phone. My phone has Android 8.1Go and only 512 MB RAM. If it works this mobile version could also work on a pc using a linux live-CD.

edit: downloaded the game, didn't see minimum requirements so started the game. After the white screen with PW logo was gone the game only showed a screen with 4 classes and a message that my phone didn't have the requirements needed but I could still try to play. Then the screen turned black and the game went into a reset. Uninstalled since the game doesn't work on my new phone. Think it's because of the OS or the amount of RAM.
    Post edited by gas2016#5086 on
  • altera#5699
    altera#5699 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I'm going to play it for sure. Wonder if PWM will make me sink in for such a long time as PWI did.

Now with having the convenience of playing on smartphones (wich has always been my dream of playing PWI on a mobile device) being able to pull out the phone in work when there is nothing important to do and having an FB or TT run in the palm of our hand is a dream come true. <3
    Post edited by altera#5699 on
    Mutiny (Retired) - Blademaster (Tideswell)
    AItera (fully operational) - Seeker (Tideswell)
  • altera#5699
    edited August 2019
    Seen the game in Play Store but idk if it works on my phone. My phone has Android 8.1Go and only 512 MB RAM. If it works this mobile version could also work on a pc using a linux live-CD.

I think You should be able to play on pc.
    I hope my shield tablet k1 will handle the game on min settings...

+ This
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=BeaBKIKLx9o
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • heerohex#3018
  • zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    Yes, there is Mobile Emulator (like bluestacks or Nox), and someome told me PW has is own emulator (but cant find more info about that)
  • gogo#1578
    gogo#1578 Posts: 1 New User
    I for one love the new PWI look and that its a been a long time coming since this game got a proper reboot. When I rolled my first character, Seeker/Mystics were all the rage due to new cell shading and graphics. It kinda made everything around them look outdated and stale by comparison for me. I go so lost and died so many times I lost track. I found a good group but school started and I lost my net due to a power out and by the time I got online again we were moving to another state and I completely forgot all my info. LOL. I was replaying Oblivion to prep for Skyrim. I never forgot spending a solid four hours in front of my character creation obsessed with creating the starting look of my seeker thought. He was glorious. There is a boat load of space I have preset for PWI Mobile. And I intend to go Cleric there too. Hopefully they are as useful as they ever were. Being a seeker really didn't make the veterans flock to my character. I was more like a wrecking ball of aggro.

#gogonogood@tanking
  • sirkura#6424
    sirkura#6424 Posts: 37 Arc User
    bamablade wrote: »

I think You should be able to play on pc.
    I hope my shield tablet k1 will handle the game on min settings...

+ This
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=BeaBKIKLx9o

There are also many android and iphone emulators you can download for free, Such as Andy or Bluestacks that would likely be able to play it on PC as well.
  • notonlyjudge
    notonlyjudge Posts: 23 Arc User
    it said coming soon? is ptp?
  • heerohex#3018
    it said coming soon? is ptp?

I would say its going to be F2P but who knows until its out.

Thanks.​​
  • syruss
    syruss Posts: 7 Arc User
    I remember when I said about 9 years ago that pwi should make a game for tablets . People said it was impossible and gave 1000000 reasons why it would never happen because technology would never be that good lol . I knew better lol . Wonder what those people think now? Lol.
  • syruss
    It's free to play but pay to win lol
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    Syruss, you should try to play PWI on a tablet that was developed 9 years ago. :D
    But before you do, I had PWI on a tablet once but I needed a normal PC with PWI and a VNC application active. With that I invented a nice "self-made lag"; born to be killed by level 1 mobs.

As for the free to play: even today's version of PWI is free to play however 'we' are in a hurry. Lol, even when the 2 new classes came out people wanted to but R9 weapon drops; some still do. :D
  • syruss
    I started pwi when it first came out and played for 6 years and had to quit due to me putting too much money Into it . So it's been like 6 years I think since I played . But here is the pre registration for this mobile game https://www.playperfectworld.com/mobile/index.html.
    I would love to play pwi again but by now all my gear I had at the time that was the best is now probably not anymore. But im definitely going to try out the mobile one for sure .
  • syruss
    Ok it says the game map is 60,000 kilometers of panoramic seamless map. How big of a map is that? Same size as pwi PC map or ?
  • connor008x
    connor008x Posts: 2 Arc User
    smaller than pwi, pwi has 280,000 kilometers of panoramic seamless map
  • antonio0590
    antonio0590 Posts: 144 Arc User
    is this the pw you are speaking of? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZN5NWsWJ_k
  • notonlyjudge
    notonlyjudge Posts: 23 Arc User
    can already feel the phonebattery drain while on a train lol
  • altera#5699
    edited August 2019
    It's ready for download in EU region, will launch tomorrow.
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Well after day 1, going in with minimal expectations, the game is actually pretty fun. Lot of the mechanics of PWI have been removed/revamped. Only thing that drove me crazy was battery consumption but then I just decided to play it on an emulator. Divine war was legit most fun I`ve had playing games in a while, switching targets is bit painful least till I get used to it but oh well. Of course it has its problems but frankly I expect to be playing this on the side for a good while.

Jury is out on how p2w its gonna be, I expected it to resemble PWI on that but with the changes in refining & socketing it might be quite different. Like yes, mobile games are notorious for micro transactions but at the same time it seems they are satisfied with micro transactions instead of macro pc version wants, lol.
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • dawnsilver10
    dawnsilver10 Posts: 52 Arc User
    Someone has exact specs the game needs? It doesnt show anywhere. Just read a comment, that someone doesnt get inside the game itself, so it would be nice, what the required system specs are. That is most problem with all the apps, since i have used tablet instead of pc, that i never knew, if that thing will run it. I could have used this game around 2014ish, where i had no pc to use, to play perfect world, and i was expecting to be a portable version of the game, that uses same servers, but this is quite different. Haven't tested it for myself yet, as I dont know, if it will run, on my newest cellphone, which is a Gigaset S270. And I am pretty sure it wont run on the ipad mini I used back in 2014. So i am trying it with the GS270.
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    I've read the comments on Play Store and promised myself not to download/install this game or any other games on my phone. It was nice to read that 'Perfect World Games' wrote something about optimizing the game in the future. We all know what will happen if a game gets optimized and bugs are introduced. :D It's sad that sometimes a comment is placed referring to things on the phone of the customer while not giving a comment with a real answer to the customer. But we're used to that. For now it's just getting as much people download the game and the money will follow. I noticed the required Android version; 4.2 and up but couldn't see the other requirements. Like I wrote, I will not download/install the game, but I had my fun already: in-app products costs 1.09 to 109.99 Euro per item. Wow! And the permissions: camera (take pictures and videos), Microphone (record audio), Wi-Fi connection information (view Wi-Fi connections) and things like changing audio settings, full network access and access Bluetooth settings.

As for comments above: the Gigaset GS270+ has 32GB RAM for storage and 3GB RAM memory. The game should work on it. The comment above with 8.1Go: the game will not work because of the amount of memory in that phone and if you've chosen to let Android optimize the software. Congratulations on getting your life back! :D

Have fun, all.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Ok actual review here after hitting lvl 60 on a blademaster the game is completely free to play but entirely play to win....

Let me explain:
    Gameplay is limited as far as lvl cap etc. The game will give “events” each of these events have limited entries and will actually restrict you from gaining exp from them after a point (events are how you level)

General issues/complaints:
    Now given I have hit lvl 60 in just 2 days you’d expect maybe a bit of gameplay... Not really, to gain exp in the most efficient way since you’re limited on event exp and entrances etc. is to set your character to auto cast skills with an active leader moving to all 10 locations to use up ur event uses.
    Imagine pwi auto culti cept you move and do everything skills etc on it’s own.

Now following on the auto bot playing for you to gain exp this commonly means afk players and auto searching 4-5x to find a party with actual active players to do the gear dungeons. Now not only do you need to find active players most of the game is directed in such a way that without a barb or healer you’ll get completely and utterly nuked meaning that even if you find active players they might be the wrong class and you need to remake anyway.

Now how is it pay 2 win?
    Major ones:
    Refines there is a maximum of +30 on refines (at least that’s where the refine achievements stop) a maximum refine of +15 is all you can guarantee with cash shop items these items will run you about 70 USD per +15 gear after that you will have a fun time trying to get 16-30 with refine chances being at the lowest of 15% with a aide which is ofc from the cash shop.... Now what does this mean a full +15 toon will cost you upwards of 1k USD this is without factoring in the pay to win shards (pretty much pwi shards but can reach much higher grades)

Pets:
    There are pets or edolon that are available to all classes which give atk speed str and points to both themselves and the player... From what I can tell the higher quality ones are paywalled and make a giant difference in things such as pvp, if you want to call it that, basically whoever spent more on it wins lol as the pvp is an auto playing bot that plays the players toon vs you spamming all skills as fast as possible hoping u deal more dmg.

How the state of the game in China?
    China, where the game was released a little bit ago has an updated version of the game and it’s completely baron as there is a pet in there (veno exclusive I think) with a 2 sec stun with a 1 sec cd I’m not sure the price of it but from what I can tell it’s cash shop based and the pet auto chain stuns
    Due to this the population of the game is completely cleared out and pve is barely there as like I said b4 everyone is afk with auto cultivation and moving playing the game for them.

China forums are just a compilation of just players cursing at devs asking for fixes and nothing happening.

Conclusion:
    It’s a cash grab and they made their money off of people thinking it’s gonna be good and then appear to have ditched it.
    Think pwi but 1000x more expensive and worse with even lvl progression being capped for xyz exp per day
    The graphics are really nice and I’d honestly love to see the time that they put into evolving the skills and ui put into the actual active game of PWI as this really is extremely simple and done on other pwi servers

Final verdict it’s a way to waste some time but don’t expect it to be around super long and don’t aim for end game gears as you’ll drop way to much for a mobile game into it. It’s not a bad game in the heart of it but the way it’s restricted really ruins the nostalgia feel of pwi... If restrictions on it where lifted and parties auto detected afk people to remove them it’d help a ton for the longevity of the game.

Side note:
    I’m not sure what it is but, from the looks of it there are a ton of bots on all the servers, maybe hosted by the developers just spamming chat with stupid things like “why does the winged elf guide have 3 wives?” It becomes apparent when you look for it and it’s always a different name every time doing so, there is no auto dialog for that saying and it’s extremely obvious that the developers are doing it to make the game seem more active than it actually is.

• azibos
    azibos Posts: 8 Arc User
    Imagine if they spend all that time and money into updating this ugly graphics of PC version :)