rank 8 r3 daggers worth it over g16 ?

i main a sin and don't really think ill be getting r9 for it just wondering is rank 8 3rd recast worth it for the daggers over the g16 daggers to get interval ? i mostly use my sin to farm i don't pvp on it.

Comments

• yummybank
    yummybank Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    No it probably isn't worth it.

Damage wise the g16 will win. Utility wise the rank 8 third cast wins. (utility being purge daggers, defense level daggers, etc.)
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Purge dags aren’t a proc on R8 dags only G17 R3+
    bow wise lunar g15 is a good one to roll; same chance to purge as archer r9 bow

Now to answer the question if you’re only going to be focused on pve I’ve seen a couple sins go the R8 god of frenzy route and they enjoyed it however to join higher end dungeon squads people aren’t as accepting of R8 dags mainly because of the fact that G16 even without a god of frenzy chance the +40 attack level will do you a whole lot more and actually hit more consistently than the R8 daggers

Build wise if you’re end game is aps G16 is a great path to go and provides you with the chance to roll -interval on all 3 extra adds

However if you’re planning on going the damage per hit route, or maybe don’t need the -.05 interval extra, I’d advise looking into the warsoul daggers, these can be found by talking to the NPC with the swords and things sticking out of him in the middle of the floating platform in the middle of archosaur. Keep in mind this is the most costly path besides R9 with a base Warsoul weapon with +50 atk lvl costing around 250-300mill with an extra option to upgrade them at the NW forges to potentially have 65 total attack lvl
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    nunuator wrote: »
    Now to answer the question if you’re only going to be focused on pve I’ve seen a couple sins go the R8 god of frenzy route and they enjoyed it however to join higher end dungeon squads people aren’t as accepting of R8 dags mainly because of the fact that G16 even without a god of frenzy chance the +40 attack level will do you a whole lot more and actually hit more consistently than the R8 daggers

Actually, R8s3 and N3 offer basically the same DPS while DPHing assuming R8s3 has GoF. But due costs and the ease its to roll -int on N3 there isnt really a question which is the more desirable route.
  • bakujirou
    bakujirou Posts: 48 Arc User
    This is a pretty interesting topic.
    I was considering going the R8.3 route for my Barb's weapon as well since I felt mildly annoyed not having the ability to get GoF on NV3 and R9 isnt really on the table from the sheer cost of its required materials.
    I'm also curious how costly G17.3 would be in comparison since you could roll it there as an add-on while still keeping some Attack Level, too.
    [Etherblade] Euthymius
    Galefang [PWpedia]

CFvfwVj.png
  • padautz17
    padautz17 Posts: 66 Arc User
    it depends on your budget and what you want.

if you want .int on weapon then g16 is your weapon of choice.

if you dont need .int on weapon then you will have a few more options. you dont want to go r9. i include g17 stage 4 and higher here because they are as or even more expensive than r9.

g17 stage 3 might be the best option. its basically g16 but with gof proc. problem is that this weapon isnt cheap and/or needs lots of time farming homestead / uncharted paradise.

you say you dont care about pvp and only want to focus on pve...a weapon which most people underestimate are morai weapons. these weapons would be my choice if i need a cheap weapon for pve. the damage is insane and its very cheap and easy to reroll. this weapon has 60 slaying level (or 70 if you upgrade it which requires to farm qsm...meh). slaying level are basically attack level just for pve. this weapon is stronger than warsoul (which costs 250-400mil), g16 and even r9 (if you exclude the gof proc).

you can compare the weapons and their damage by clicking on the Link. Swap the weapons and test the damage on the monster. keep in mind that i didnt even add random stats to the morai weapons - a few dex rolls would make this weapon even more powerful. this weapon has only 1 big downside...like i said people underestimate this weapon and slaying level. they are too dumb to realize that this weapon +5 refined would deal even more damage than g16+12. that means they might not invite you for squads because they think this weapon is weak...

here is a link to the morai dagger -> Link.

• powermunger56
    powermunger56 Posts: 5 Arc User
    ok thanks for the replies my sin is sage and trying to find a viable quick way to 5.0 right now im 3.33 base without rank 8 helm atm right now im using a com i recently got but will mostlikely hand that down to my cleric so i can stop wasting money on my rank 8 boots trying for interval since i managed to get 2x -05 on my chest piece just need r8 helm and 2x -05 int daggers to be 5.0 base but i hardly see anyone sell 2x int daggers lately.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    W8 you have a crown of madness and are asking which weapon to get bruh
    Should’ve sold that crown of madness for 4bill+ and got full r9 xD woulda done ya a whole lot more then the over hyped helm

now options for aps build is your next bet

I’d recommend buying a warsoul gem for about 250mill as the next upgrade path that way you can still use said crown of madness and not loose out on the Benefits of R8 helm

Get R8 helm and open the repository wear your crown of madness and use the R8 helm to activate the 3 part r8rr -.1 int set bonus GG you have CoM stats with set bonus of r8
  • powermunger56
    powermunger56 Posts: 5 Arc User
    nunuator wrote: »
    W8 you have a crown of madness and are asking which weapon to get bruh
    Should’ve sold that crown of madness for 4bill+ and got full r9 xD woulda done ya a whole lot more then the over hyped helm

now options for aps build is your next bet

I’d recommend buying a warsoul gem for about 250mill as the next upgrade path that way you can still use said crown of madness and not loose out on the Benefits of R8 helm

Get R8 helm and open the repository wear your crown of madness and use the R8 helm to activate the 3 part r8rr -.1 int set bonus GG you have CoM stats with set bonus of r8

oh ok ty did not know you could do that so you can wear com while gaining the 3 piece benefits of r8 st3 i had no idea i couldn't find anything about r8 stage 3 on forums thanks for the info.