Are packs really random or is there more to be said?

deceitsoul
deceitsoul Posts: 94 Community Moderator
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
Have you ever noticed certain people always win things from packs, or certain times its like everyone wins.
Recently i played some two days and almost 24 hours apart same time won a very rare item both times.
This is just one example but would like to discuss this with you all if have any stories you like to share or just in general.
--/**Ticket- Support**\----/**Rules of Conduct**\-->

----/**Administrator of Mod team**\-->
Inquires or questions inbox here
Or reach me in-game
Ouln -Etherblade Server

Comments

• shineni#2821
    shineni#2821 Posts: 70 Arc User
    There's an old myth on my server, that when you create your toon a random number is generated on it, 1 to 10 and this number multiple with the pack chance for better odds on rare items, as bullsht as it sounds, i'm 70% inclined to believe because i always opened packs on my main on the long of 5 years playing and good god, i am unlucky friggin ****.

If anyone remember the Summer gale fiasco, where you could cs 250 gold and get all the packs on every toon on your account, some people opened 8000 packs because when the server merge happened some of them had 8 toons on each account which fused into an account with 16 toons , giving those people a juicy time opening packs, i enjoyed this "promo" as well, ended up opening 4k packs myself which turned into absolutely trash, out of 4k packs (no com, no jaden, no sot, tho can't complain about the cheap prices of everything caused by it.)

Recently, on some charge and spend promo, i decided to charge a bit to get that +12 orb from 50 gold, and just bought whatever pack was in promo, but instead of opening on my main, as i always did, this time i gave to my hs alt, and surprise surprise, i got a jaden out of it, i mean when you play for 5 years and don't get sht opening packs ( best thing ever rolled was bookless transcript), this made a very genuine happy feeling which i'll remember for a long time, with this, the myth about this random number on each toon creation made myself wonder if my main was the worst roll of all and my alt was the best, seems like fairy tail but all i can say is open packs on other toons if you can't get good stuff on your main.

The other 30% of why i don't believe is simple because there are too many people with too much $$ irl money to waste and just open packs for the fun of it, and this make them gets a lot of stuff everytime.
  • zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    I guess some people seams to win a lot only because they... open a lot...
    Maybe Fortune Keys are different, some strategies may be effective, I dont know .
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Never really had anything in packs like Hi Lv gears. Mostly +10 Vit orbs ETC lol.

Ive tired a few things but never really made a difference. Day Night / Month Season / ETC lol

Donations welcome LOL!

Thanks.​​
  • pasarinho
    pasarinho Posts: 22 Arc User
    I do open a lot of packs when it comes from charge/spend reward. I do use more than one account to open packs, one is my main and the others are just lv1 toons. and i got like 2 jaden and a CoM past days with the lv1 toons while nothing with the main toon.
    It is really random.
  • deceitsoul
    deceitsoul Posts: 94 Community Moderator
    pasarinho wrote: »
    I do open a lot of packs when it comes from charge/spend reward. I do use more than one account to open packs, one is my main and the others are just lv1 toons. and i got like 2 jaden and a CoM past days with the lv1 toons while nothing with the main toon.
    It is really random.

You weren't the only one who got those the past few days if you noticed ;) , I also got 2 jaden but on my main.
    --/**Ticket- Support**\----/**Rules of Conduct**\-->

----/**Administrator of Mod team**\-->
    Inquires or questions inbox here
    Or reach me in-game
    Ouln -Etherblade Server
  • madonna89
    madonna89 Posts: 40 Arc User
    Is the nature of random number generators . they are never random
  • zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    They are most of the time random. But is the nature of human brain to not understand high numbers probabilities