New Classes - How are you doing?

2»

Comments

• pasarinho
    pasarinho Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    SltcjGA.png

This is how my edgerunner is atm.
    I'm still working on skills and passives but it is going really well. After a few tests, the class looks really tanky and have an awesome dmg.
  • hypnosian123
    hypnosian123 Posts: 116 Arc User
    pasarinho wrote: »
    why is none talking about edge transforming all the damage he receives into physical damage...

I've tested and the skill dont transform dmg taken into physical, but turn all dmg dealt into physical.
    It was probably a typo.

oh i see LOL that is a pretty big typo jesus
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    why is none talking about edge transforming all the damage he receives into physical damage...

I've tested and the skill dont transform dmg taken into physical, but turn all dmg dealt into physical.
    It was probably a typo.

oh i see LOL that is a pretty big typo jesus

To be fair, I think they're translating Chinese to English in bulk via Google Translate. Errors are pretty common.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    @pasarinho
    Bruh such a waste of coin to afk in sz cause no pk on Et so much work to hide the server/name and PM the Et veno BabyAdore xD
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    why is none talking about tech turret mode + 3x (glyphed) 500% base damage skill= 3x 1000%...

You can't glyph the turret mode skill. All skills are disabled in turret mode but 1.

• splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    impressive, either ET`s biggest merchant decided to have some fun with his pocket change or this is one of the biggest wastes of rl cash PWI had in a while (no offense)

class feels pretty boring and clumsy to play, but thats just an opinion...
  • hypnosian123
    hypnosian123 Posts: 116 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    why is none talking about tech turret mode + 3x (glyphed) 500% base damage skill= 3x 1000%...

You can't glyph the turret mode skill. All skills are disabled in turret mode but 1.

i see... thank god... there is still that 3x500%
  • pasarinho
    impressive, either ET`s biggest merchant decided to have some fun with his pocket change or this is one of the biggest wastes of rl cash PWI had in a while (no offense)

class feels pretty boring and clumsy to play, but thats just an opinion...

Well, i didnt spent a single dolar making this toon and i really loved edge play style since i tested on china, so i dont regret.
  • tabaloul
    tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
    SltcjGA.png

I'm still working on skills and passives but it is going really well. After a few tests, the class looks really tanky and have an awesome dmg.

Why only Chaotic Soul tho? Despite using vitea pills (obviously, cause I got all vitae humanly possible without using them) you should be way further ahead than this :(

Also, according to your gear, judging that you used x-amount of vitea pills, maybe even sky level pills, LC for 3x105, nuema, decent card set, chart, +3 stones, r9 at current prices + the new helm, idk about prices on ET but on DA that is easily 80b+ worth of stuff. Must have saved up quite a while :D Then again, I managed to farm roughly 30b myself in 3 months of tt4 solo'ing, so it's not that far off I guess if you are dedicated.
  • pasarinho
    edited June 2019
    tabaloul wrote: »
    SltcjGA.png

Why only Chaotic Soul tho? Despite using vitea pills (obviously, cause I got all vitae humanly possible without using them) you should be way further ahead than this :(

Also, according to your gear, judging that you used x-amount of vitea pills, maybe even sky level pills, LC for 3x105, nuema, decent card set, chart, +3 stones, r9 at current prices + the new helm, idk about prices on ET but on DA that is easily 80b+ worth of stuff. Must have saved up quite a while :D Then again, I managed to farm roughly 30b myself in 3 months of tt4 solo'ing, so it's not that far off I guess if you are dedicated.

About the cultivation, i need to finish neverfall chain quest to start next cultivation but i’m out of time to play enough to finish chain quest, saddly.

About the gears, i’m using warsong city combo with some ra cards.
    I guess i spent close to 130b on this toon.
    Money that was beeing saved since last year and i bought all itens on my comission like 4 months ago xD

• yummybank
    yummybank Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Well so far I am level 50 rb1 EdgeBlade. I have all skills and the the homstead ultimate, and the lvl 79 skills. I do not have the rest.

So far it doesn't seem to offer more than a barbarian. Barb has solid shield, invoke, movementspeed, hp pool, extra pdef.

Bm has bell, and cc.

Seeker has tons of free defense level, movement speed and teleport.

Sin/Db has untargetable, more CC.

So far i feel like mobility may be an issue, lack of defense in group combat might be an issue.

What edgerunner will do better as far as i can see is, they have skills that give tidal. High damage skills (not sure how these will compare to the other melee classes.)

But the coolest thing is their homstead ultimate transforms their shield into a horse, and they ride around swatting ppl with their sword.

Last thing to note is, demon spark gives 25% more crit, instead of attack speed. (which is a buff for all things except aps builds)
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I still need to confirm if Edge's defense debuff (Ghost Judgement I believe, not sure, cant check atm, something with Ghost) does actually reduce both types of defenses, so physical and magical, because it explicitly stated physical defense on the regular and sage/demon version and just says defense in the primal/nf versions. I don't have that yet cause EU is being a bish and am not spending 30g on those skills.

All I am saying is..if that is both defenses and with the 70%+ debuff glyph...Genie skill...spark + fire stance = ggwp, completely broken class. IF it's true, I can't confirm it cause I dont have it. I somehow wish its not both defenses xD but seeing as they can switch to all elements..it does make sense. 450% base damage Blade Hell on spark combo..what is a gunner? What is a wizard? plebs.

Also as far as Edgerunners go in general. Their main offensive skill is obviously Shattering Scream. That skill is crazy good and makes kiting them impossible..lasts 20 seconds and has a 60 sec CD..so it's not unavoidable..but still powerful. The chi rebuild with a blue glyphed mortal chant (which I heavily recommend ANYONE to use because its a nobrainer, really) you can basically puke out chi limitlessly. Other than that...they have no gap closers. If shattering scream is on CD they will be hard pressed to catch any class that can just kite away from them. Also, outranging them is not hard. Melee classes will have a massive problem vs this class tho, since they can bypass high pdef classes with elemental stances and never miss with them..which is ridiculously powerful, esp to anyone who has played BM before...miss miss miss is not nice. Another weakness is the fact that their crit rate is pretty low..but I still would not go demon, getting to or close to 100% would mean sacrificing loads of damage anyways and adding a bit higher chance is simply not enough for me to consider demon when sage has so many better effect. Either way, crit is an issue. Maybe in future updates they introduce something..have not really memorized that tbh xD

So in summary, they have low crit rate and have issues catching ppl if they kite away, during the 40 sec downtime of shattering scream. They also dont have the highest quantity of CC but it is good enough for a class with this damage potential. Just like the Tec, they have skills that can basically be used as a 2nd genie, which is naturally insanely powerful, due to the fact that all the other classes do not have those abilities. Shield of cataclysm with the golden glyph (another nobrainer, really) is basically a 10 sec faith with huge damage reduction on top of it, Halo is a physical Edged blur with great damage, the reflect shield literally reflects anything, even things that go through regular faith like Bewitch, as long as they target ofc. Skills that do not target cannot be reflected and it also doesnt AOE reflect, so a HF or Roar of the pride is not reflected onto the group of the BM. And the skill damage increase shield is also superb.

You see a SB ulti, damage increase shield, ulti, shield of halo and just walk in the group of ppl. Damn. Pick earth stance before so that your ulti cant be blocked by cheap genie skills and you are golden. With the right gear that surely will hurt alot^^ Edgerunner are more catered towards mass pvp and tecs are more for 1v1 or just pure sneaky support in mass. If you built the tec for max survival and play wisely..unless you get focused by an entire faction, you should be good! Edge can tank quite a bit too, but its a double edged sword..literally, because they seem to be more DD than tank cause anything that could potentially make them OP is ridiculously weak if you dont put the damage behind it.
  • pasarinho
    I still need to confirm if Edge's defense debuff (Ghost Judgement I believe, not sure, cant check atm, something with Ghost) does actually reduce both types of defenses, so physical and magical, because it explicitly stated physical defense on the regular and sage/demon version and just says defense in the primal/nf versions. I don't have that yet cause EU is being a bish and am not spending 30g on those skills.

About the Ghost Judgement, i have it and it only decrease physical defense, saddly.

You see a SB ulti, damage increase shield, ulti, shield of halo and just walk in the group of ppl. Damn. Pick earth stance before so that your ulti cant be blocked by cheap genie skills and you are golden. With the right gear that surely will hurt alot^^ Edgerunner are more catered towards mass pvp and tecs are more for 1v1 or just pure sneaky support in mass. If you built the tec for max survival and play wisely..unless you get focused by an entire faction, you should be good! Edge can tank quite a bit too, but its a double edged sword..literally, because they seem to be more DD than tank cause anything that could potentially make them OP is ridiculously weak if you dont put the damage behind it.

I think the skill you're talking that increase skill dmg by 30% is Shield of Imprecation (correct if i'm wrong). That skill cant be combo with Shield of Halo since both need 100 points on shield and the recover is 5/s. If you want i could reduce the requirement of Shield of Halo to 75 with lv10 red glyph (wich i think dont worth, i'm going golden glyph for more dmg). So, this way, max we could do is Spark + Shield of Halo + Ultimate or Spark + Shield of Imprecation (30% more dmg) + Ultimate. Which still still a lot of damage anyway.
  • cosmosia1989
    Thank god its not both defs :P that would have been way too broken, then again, for 1v1, just spark with 100 dex is enough to kill HAs anyways.

As for the combo, I will put the energy reduce glyph on halo..but I need to test how much that golden glyph actually adds in terms of damage. Being able to use those shields in combo and for longer could make a bigger difference but has to be tested. lv10 glyphs xDD I only ever calc with lv5 :D
  • calico722#3097
    calico722#3097 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Made a EdgeRunner only lvl 46. Where do I get my next weapon? Currently my weapon is for lvl 20--Ministers. Didn't see anything for EdgeRunners at TT forges. And Blacksmiths do not have any.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Made a EdgeRunner only lvl 46. Where do I get my next weapon? Currently my weapon is for lvl 20--Ministers. Didn't see anything for EdgeRunners at TT forges. And Blacksmiths do not have any.

You can get a Royal's Sword Shield (level 40) by doing your level 39 (Aware of Discord) culti quests, once you get to the quest to kill Gouf, Aerox Chief. And for upcoming levels, you will be able to get a level 55 sword shield and level 55 armor at the Coming of Age (Goshiki) quest line once you are level 50.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    Edge runner pdef drop helps with their elemental dmg as well...
    it’s weird but dmg is calculated based off the patk and pdef of the opponent so even though the drop is technically only pdef if you are in any elemental stance that elemental dmg gets buffed based on the pdef of the opponent since the attack is technically patk based and is just getting dmg type changed via the stance

You can check this by using any skill with any elemental stance then using same skill with ghost slash being used before notice how the dmg is higher since even though you are technically doing elemental damage the damage is based off of your patk hence making the def reduction affect it as well.

Also crit is not an issue for edge runner idk how you came up with that lol if you have half a brain go demon you’ll have 49-56% base crit based on neck + arena cape... my edge runner maxes out at 55% crit with demon spark giving 25% more crit means I have 80% crit sparked and since it’s basically spammable 80% crit % on an elemental dmg dealing sin/seeker combo gg
  • cosmosia1989
    Well yeah, but aside from Demon spark..demon is pretty..welp xD not that great. I vastly prefer the sage effects tbh. Duration isn't that important, since edged have limited CC anyways, so increased duration instead of more powerful effects (demon to sage) is not that great for this class at all.

Demon spark is nice for DDing, yes, it always was, but the demon effects are garbage accross the board with the exception being literally only the 3 spark and that is not good enough of a reason to go demon. 40-ish% crit is still ok on average, so even that works.

If ppl would not only have half a brain they would see at a glance that the Edgerunner class is made to be DD and go offensive shards on that class without a doubt. I would not recommand anyone to go the full def lvl route, maybe a few, but mostly attack shards. There are plenty of skills for you to stay alive, no need to hide behind a wall of gear and dealing tiny damage on ppl you could otherwise kill with a more offensive approach. Both new classes are made to be hyper offensive, tho you can make the argument about the gunner that they can also be the kite-class no. 1 if they go max defense built, maybe even full vit + a g17.5 def weap...heck they literally cannot die, ever, if they just keep kiting. That's besides the point tho. The Point is, since Sage has overall better effects and one goes offensive anyways, ending up with an additional 25% damage reduction, since you can literally keep spamming 3 spark as long as you have a target, can be just as good or even better.

Hence why I keep telling ppl, having half a brain is good, but if you want to make the max out of anything in life, you would have to use the full brain :( Not everyone has as much experience and can then calculate most of those things just by looking at stuff/testing but that's why I keep making posts, to prevent ppl from making mistakes. If they still refuse to listen, welp, they better not complain if they face me and end up losing cause of this, they have been warned. Then again, some will just max out the class asap and outgear anyone so hard that it doesnt even come down to those fine details. That's also ok but then I wonder why ppl would still argue for their points when it doesnt matter anyways. Only on equal terms you could ever determine which cultivation is truly superior, or at the very least, if you have the disadvantage. Any data collected with an advantage is worthless.

@The debuff: That must apply to only the upgraded versions then and would be in line with the description. Sadly, I still do not have that skill because everyone keeps hogging those skills and my drop luck is amazing (6x shield of imprecation so far, yay, no surprises there). Your explanation makes no sense, however, because it does not work like that for any similar class, like archer, cleric, sb (PT, SC), Seeker, Sin, Veno. If it works then it is a hidden debuff that is just not displayed or you did not test with a low level, equal damage weapon and simply got higher damage spikes and it blurred the picture. All possible. The damage range is massive, after all.

Welp, even without it working for both defs, Dex genie is the way to go for 1v1 vs HA/LA, cause a 100% fire debuff already increases the damage quite a bit and for arcanes using a str-based genie for Occult Ice is the best choice. For mass pvp, obviously a vit/mag based genie.
  • madonna89
    madonna89 Posts: 40 Arc User
    nunuator wrote: »

You can check this by using any skill with any elemental stance then using same skill with ghost slash being used before notice how the dmg is higher since even though you are technically doing elemental damage the damage is based off of your patk hence making the def reduction affect it as well.

A

did you extensively test this?

i find it hard to do any testing with edge, as the weapon dmg has such a high range, and i didnt really find a low lvl weapon, that doesnt have such a range in dmg ;(

• padautz17
    padautz17 Posts: 66 Arc User
    madonna89 wrote: »

i find it hard to do any testing with edge, as the weapon dmg has such a high range, and i didnt really find a low lvl weapon, that doesnt have such a range in dmg ;(

some blacksmith npcs sell weapons for technician and edgerunner - for example Blacksmith Shih Xian @ Broken Bridge Village (231, 559)

level 1 weapon of tech has a range between 5-8 and edgerunner has 12-26, this should work

• madonna89
    Having had some time to playtest the new classes - how do you guys feel about the particular classes?

Still going strong, or lost the interst already?
  • cosmosia1989
    edited June 2019
    padautz17 wrote: »
    madonna89 wrote: »

some blacksmith npcs sell weapons for technician and edgerunner - for example Blacksmith Shih Xian @ Broken Bridge Village (231, 559)

level 1 weapon of tech has a range between 5-8 and edgerunner has 12-26, this should work

Thanks for this. I didnt know that there were some blacksmiths that sold them after all, checked some in the major cities but those didnt have any!

I will get to testing this in depth once I get home from work today. I only tested it without the weapon (got all skill max upgraded on both new classes so ask me if you want me to test/tell something, I already tested quite a bit) and without the weap it is 100% just the physical debuff with NF Ghost Slash, no matter the glyph on it. But As there are some buffs in the game that only apply when you have a weapon equipped, like elemental buffs (e.g. Wizards-Buff), it could be different.

As for the classes themselves, since I got all skills now I could form a decent opinion on how they are.

Tecs...

are versatile, slippery and can spam ranged AOEs to no end and due to their insane spam of their skill-version of faith, that breaks them out of literally everything, including paralyze and sog, has a 17 sec CD (argent glyph is must have here) and can stack upto 3 times...you can literally not CC them if its you alone vs one of them. They will get away. Their damage is also a bit higher than archers and even other caster, heck you could say they are basically a mostly physical caster with LA-Armor, just because they have both a range AOE physical debuff (50%) and a ranged AOE fire debuff (60%), so even on the damage front they are highly versatile. Then there is the skill that insta-kills ppl when the HP drops below 22% (I always assume lv5 glyphs for average values) which is extremely good vs nasty, endgame geared ppl that barely survive an onslaught.

Due to the fire debuff they are also capable of performing the same level of "fire-combo" as wizards do, which is extremely good and works even better than for wizards, due to the simple fact that they don't need to use their genie for as much as other classes do, simply because they have their genie-like faith skill that can be used just as genie skill can be used, any time, without any means of stopping it, unlike genie that can be blocked by mystics. Hence they can get away with sporting dex based genie, even more so since they can abuse the fact that expel lasts longer with more dex there and insta-faith out of it literally every time, which makes them very competitive to duskblades and Sins alike in a direct confrontation. That's just the tip of the iceberg tho. They also have a 25m jump skill that grants them 2 sec of immunity to movement debuffs (just stun, freeze) and also stacks 3x times (here I recommend the argent glyph as well, green increases crit damage but imho..30% more crit damage is just not worth having to use the jump before that every time, renders you less versatile and also forces you to use verdant glyphs on the attack skills which you should NOT do). They are slippery as all hell and will be a pain to be dealt with in 1v1 and Mass pvp scenarios if the class is mastered. Just remember, they can use a better version of faith every 17 seconds..so dont bother SoG'ing them or trying long CCs on them, they break out anyways. If you wanna kill them, kill them with pure damage. Some debuffs like PT cannot be faith'ed off, so make use of that, same goes for rend.

On the Damage side, Tecs are also not to be underestimated. I highly recommend using a full argent glyph setup for mass pvp, with the one exception being the red glyph on the "insta kill when hp is lower than 22% HP" skill, for obvious reasons. The way argent makes the skills stack is that their 3rd and 2nd CDs instantly start to fill again after you use it, so if you have a decent rotation, you never run out of AOEs to spam. Argent on Expel allows you to keep the phys debuff up permanently, since it makes the skill stack up twice. Same should be done for Murderous Indulgence, you main damage skill. 460% Base damage is quite massive to begin with but the kicker is more the knockback that comes with it and can be quite nasty in it's own right. If you are within 10m of the target they get knocked back and the flight lasts for roughly 1.5s, so basically a 1.5s CC and with the argent glyph it stacks twice. All CC you can get you should get ijs. The Argent glyph on Neon landing could also be great. It paralyzes an entire group of ppl for roughly 1.5 seconds and can be stacked twice due to the argent effect as well, literally allowing you to spam it twice in a row. Remember tho, that skill costs 2 sparks, so you better have your paramount ready, or full chi and use another aoe in between but then you are dry on chi. Can be great depending on the situation..with enough focus..even 1.5 seconds of CC can get ppl killed big time. You can also use the argent glyph on flow, your only spamable real AOE as expel and tide of flame are frontal AOEs. It stacks twice and deals good damage and does also recover a good bit of Chi, which should always be considered. Ofc, all of those skill are also hella fast, which rebuilds chi just as fast hence why going full argent for the most skills is the Top-Choice for PvP and PvE. Since Tecs have a fire debuff..depending on your gameplay/situation you can also use the red glyph on flow and expel, when you simply dont need the physical debuff from expel itself. It removes that, but converts those 2 skills into fire damage. Fire combo much? Being able to abuse veno/sb ulti with elemental damage or just abuse elemental weak enemies is awesome, or just add your own spark (genie skill) into the mix for some juicy oneshots. Silent Mayhem could also be used with the argent glyph but remember, it has a long CD (30 secs each stack) but can be insta-cast and gives quick 30 chi per use. So if you find yourself in a 1v1 where quick chi matters, you might wanna consider this but otherwise the skill really is just too slow and has a too long CD to be considered. The regular skill can be used for some juicy charmbypasses, so thats already quite good.

As for the traps. They are nice. Not bad at all. They require you to basically be in someone face to make them count but for 1v1 situations or small scale PvP that is not that much of a problem, since you can leap in and out without ever being stopped due to your spammable faith-like skill if you really need to land your CC trap or Amp trap. The destealth trap kinda surprised me. It's friggin amazing. It kicks out everything from stealth, disregarding their stealth-level whatsoever, as long as they are in range. Even sins in ulti are somewhat permanently attackable if they stay in there. Finally a half-decent counter to sins ulti. Not perfect, but good enough. The knock-back trap is also roughly a 1-1.5s CC and can be nice in tricky situations. Remember, melee classes do still have to jump/walk up to you to attack, so that is not bad at all.

Lastly, we have the turret skill and the one aoe you can use while transformed. You cant use genie skills..so I literally would only use this if you used an immune pot before and dont need to add your own debuffs/CC into the mix and just wanna dish out damage. The damage is good. Very good. Tho it is a bit on the random side in terms of how hard it hits. Sometimes it seems like it would stack with every attack but then it gets lower again. It's tricky and I definitively need to test this more but the use-cases are limited anyways, so it is not that important. It's physical damage, btw. Tec also have a skill that kicks a squad member away for 25m? 20m? something like that, cannot check atm, and renders them immune while they are flying in a rather beautiful arc. Ofc, you can make this the ultimate troll skill and annoy the heck out of your team but honestly, if you have a good overview over the battle..you can save ppl with that big time. Anyone knows the feeling when a horde of barbs, bms, duskblades and sins jumps on you can you cant move an inch due to perma paralyze! BOOM! you are 25m away now and might be able to escape! Has it's use, no doubt about that.

That's the basic of the Tec class, there is a bit more to it, as there is always more to pay attention to when it comes to detail, like which specific genie built to use for which PvP/PvE situation, vs which classs/classes and so on, like the preference for both new classes to use STR based Occult Ice/Mire genies vs Arcanes to mitigate the lack of CC and Dex based genies for spark/fire combos vs HA/LA (especially since the elemental skills are 100% accurate and do not miss).

PS: I prefer Demon for the Tec. Trip Sparks Crit addon makes all hits 100% crit on a semi-endgame gear setup which is great, increases the AMP to 20% (from 15%) and increases the CC-Traps Stun to 4 seconds (from 3) and makes the regular spam skill slightly faster, which allows for more chances of sneaky charmbypasses. Tecs are weird in that regard. Since all their skills have nearly no chan at all..sometimes the server skips one animation, casts the skill anyways and counts 2 or even 3 skills together as if they were used at once. Crazy and weird but its fun :D Sage on the other hand basically has the basic chi skill Master Li's, Damage reduction from trip spark and a 25% chance to regain 20 chi on the regular spam skill..which is RNG and isnt used often anyways. The other AOEs also produce loads of chi hence I think sage is rather pointless for a Tec. It's a DD class after all, so even the trip spark is better for that purpose but to each their own!

PSS: Some skills are kinda quirky. Meaning that, if a target has just appeared (mostly happens in PvE) some skills will just go into the void and are effectless if you use them instantly. I cannot tell if the same thing applies to freshly spawed enemies, like with porters in xTW but I would assume so. Hence, always wait a second before you attack someone that has just spawned or just use the regular spam skill first. That one seems to always work. Mainly Expel, flow and Tide or AOEs in general seem to be effected by that.
    Post edited by cosmosia1989 on
  • madonna89

[/quote]

. Tecs are weird in that regard. Since all their skills have nearly no chan at all..sometimes the server skips one animation, casts the skill anyways and counts 2 or even 3 skills together as if they were used at once. Crazy and weird but its fun [/quote]

Happens only if the *animation* aka the flying cannonball did NOT connect with the enemy yet.

• cosmosia1989
    edited June 2019
    As for the Edgerunner:

This class is also very versatile and has some nice shield mechanics but is a bit less straight forward compared to the Tec due to their insane versatility. I like this alot. Both the new classes require quite a bit of playerskill to really shine and can easily go down quickly if you don't know what you are doing.

Let's start with the shields. All shield skills can be used at any point, even when CCed, just like genie skills:

All available NF-Versions of the shields should be glyphed: Halo, Cataclysm, Rejection.

You have a pool of 150 total shield energy with a recovery rate of 5 per second. All shield (cept argent glyph on cataclysm, which has 120 sec CD) have a 90 second CD and there are 5 shields in total. If you were to use all of them, you could do that within those 90 seconds and then some, since you start with 150 and recover a total of 450 energy in those 90 seconds for a total of 600 shield energy available if you start with full energy. Now, if you fight for a longer time you might lose parts of the initial 150 but you will hardly find yourself in a situation in which you spam away all of them anyways. If your energy is 0 you obviously need 20 seconds before you can use another shield and then another 20 seconds for the next and so on. The point is, you have enough shield energy most of the time and a shield available at the very least every 20 seconds. Now that the energy isn't really a problem if you pay attention to what you wanna do, lets talk about glyphs:

Shield of Halo: Insanely powerful, purely physical DoT-Like damage (it stays physical, no matter which elemental stance you chose) similar to Edged Blur from seeker. It lasts for 10 seconds and dishes out your base damage every 2 seconds. Since it's physical it can be blocked by Expel but can also be increased in effectiveness by adding physical debuffs. Just like Edged Blur it is only based on the edgerunners att lvl and ignores defense level, like DoT-Type skills usually do. In terms of glyphs I highly recommend either the golden glyph since that does increase the damage by roughly 15-20% on average which can be really good if you need to make one Halo count or the Blue glyph, which reduces the CD on lv5 by 20 seconds. This allows you to use the shield every 70 instead of 90 seconds and as we have determined earlier, you can easily do that in terms of shield energy. Having this extremely powerful skill available as much as possible can also be a huge asset in 1v1 or mass pvp situations, especially when your damage is already more than high enough to put pressure on as it is. The other glyphs do not seem reasonable, so I cannot recommend these.

Shield of Cataclysm: Basicallly a 10 seconds faith-like status evasion. It is even better than faith, because it literally blocks everything, just as wings of desolation and their Ulti skill does. So no bewitch, no PT, nothing goes through. This is your main survival skill. The NF-Version also generates a shield based on 40% of your max HP, which is quite nice, seeing that Edgerunners are Heavy Armor and average out at 30k+ HP selfbuffed and way higher, depending on the gear. As long as the HP-Pool isn't depleted the "faith-like" protection stays up. Once the HP-shield is gone, the status effect protection also vanishes, which leads us to some of the potential glyph choices here: The golden glyph increases the HP pool to 60% (lv5 glyph) of your max HP. This can be very good if you are focused quite a bit and often and want to make use of the status evasion for as long as possible and ofc, stay alive as long as possible at that. Seeing that 20% is not THAT big of a difference, you can also chose my prefered glyph, which is yet again the blue glyph to reduce the CD by 20 seconds (lv5 glyph). Having this crucial skill available more often takes the cake for me for obvious reasons but there is certainly a usecase for a bigger HP-Pool.

Shield of Rejection: It's your ranged CC skill. You could make an argument about the CD-Reduction glyph here, too, for a faster availability of a 5 sec ranged stun which can be good in certain 1v1 situations. However, the most likely use here is the argent glyph which transforms this skill into a 4 sec paralyze skill. Paralyze is life, ijs.

The other 2 remaining shields are Shield of Imprecation and Monstrosity. Monstrosity has a very, very powerful status-reflect effect that literally reflects the next 4 skills within 8 seconds (sage) back to the caster of those skills. Remember tho, they need to have a target. if you get afflicted with target-less effects by mobs/bosses or the rare skills that do that, it will not be reflected. AOEs cast on your when you have that shield up will only be reflected back to the caster, not to his entire team. It also reflects bewitch, purge, PT, literally anything that targets. Insanely powerfull. Imprecation is straight forward. It increases your skill damage by 30-35% (Demon-Sage) over the duration. That's quite a damage boost and can be nice to put some extra pressure on.

Now I've said so much and we just barely covered the shields! Onto the attacks and elemental stances!

The elemental stances seem to be pretty straight forward. The Edgerunner can basically transform their damage into any element in the game and is able to adjust to every situation possible, damage-wise. A big note here would be that, as long as you use one of the elemental ones (not the physical one!) your attacks will not miss anymore. 100% accuracy on any attack. Seeing that you most certainly built an Edgerunner for full STR because of that, you will need them to not literally miss 24/7 but Base damage is still the biggest damage giver in the game, so I still advise to do that. You can argue going 100 Dex for some additional crit or even 200 if you love the physical stance and need some extra crit but it all depends on personal preference.

As for the specific effects of the stances: Don't pay them too much mind, honestly. Water and Earth have a chance to CC the target per hit, Metal gives you another 5 chi per hit (can be nice, chi is always good..but anyone has heart of steel, so dont forget to switch to a more preferable element if you wanna use this. Same is true for every stance, really.), fire drains 5 chi and wood adds another bloodpaint-like effect that restores your HP by 2% of the damage you deal (with non-Dot skills, so shield of halo is out for that). I still recommend to go with earth most of the time. Simply due to the fact that the only class with an earth immunity genie skill is the wizard. Any other class cannot evade this type of damage with the exception of complete immunity which can be awesome in these days of ppl spamming themselves with expel 24/7. The added chance to stun for 5 seconds with a 3% chance feels like another low-chance weapon proc but can indeed be very good if it works, so thats a little extra. Don't ignore the fire stance, however. Even in smaller scale PvP or 1v1...if you use a DEX-based genie you can make Spark (genie skill) work on the Edgerunner, too, in combo with the fire stance. It roughly doubles the damage on selfbuffed targets (on a 100 dex genie, so it reduces the fire res by 100%). If you play with a wizard, tec, SB..or anything that can reduce fire or magic resistance..you can end up hitting ppl insanely hard with that. Fire isn't a rare element anymore and debuffs are plenty. Just a regular magic def debuff like SB ulti or Cloud burst (50% on average) in combo with a tec Tide of flame debuff (60%) can lead into you Oneshotting a purged target with spark (genie skill) while being in the fire stance. If you add stronger/more debuffs, you could even obliterate fully buffed ppl with that, so going 100 Dex-genie built in tow with the fire stance is legit. Very legit even. The possibilities are endless...if you get a g17 weapon and get the rend proc on that...oh baby. Being able to debuff someone by 200% fire def and 170% physical def on your own is pure insanity (70% pdef debuff with green glyph (lv5) ghost slash) hence why I think rend will be stupid broken on edgerunners. Ofc, the proc chance is quite low, but there is no need to get any other non-def proc for the edgerunner anyways, since you can get purge from r8r as well and most spam-able skills are effectless and can purge ppl. Side Note: The Difference between g17 weapons purge proc and r8r purge proc is that r8r cannot proc the purge with skills that have effects and debuffs in them, like the pdef debuff, CC skills and so on. G17 proc works with them all, but rend is still more valuable on a debuff class like edgerunner imho.

Let's quickly go over the damage skills. Mortal Chant is a must have to be glyphed with the blue glyph. This increases the chi gain per use to 30 chi, which basically allows you to **** out chi as long as you have a target. Your main chi giver, don't bother with any other glyph. Ghost Slash is your main physical debuff and seeing that the green glyph increases the amount of what you can debuff, this is also a nobrainer, but hold on! In some situations like mass-pvp, you don't always need to debuff yourself, especially with a melee range, single target skill. Since glyph slots are limited, you should consider using that green glyph on heavenly arbitration instead, you only somewhat spamable ranged skill, because it turns it into a frontal AOE, which is obviously quite good in mass pvp. Depends on the situation, tho. It's useless in 1v1. Next up is hallowed Collapse, your spam-able CC skill. Here I recommend the green glyph as well for 1v1 or small scale situations. It increases the stun duration to 3 seconds. However, there is a catch and it is not displayed in the skill description. The stun only affects the target you use the skill on. NOW if you use the blue glyph and turn the stun into a 3 second silence effect instead -> this effect is AOE and effects anyone in the skill radius. So obviously stun for most 1v1 situations and blue for mass pvp for hallowed collapse. The NF version of hallowed Punishment has a chance to increase the damage your target gets on the first hit and has a chance to heal yourself by the damage you deal on the 2nd hit. Many ppl speculate with using glyphs on this one but honestly, I don't think it's worth it. The blue glyph that gurantees that the damage increase effect happens if you just land a crit pushes the amp itself down as well. IMHO just leave the skill as it is and be happy if it procs, either way doesnt make a huge difference. This leaves us with the Blade Hell and Focused Dive. Blade hell is your strongest DD skill. 450% of base damage and some weapon damage are spread onto 7 hits. That's it. Very powerful, gets rid of def charms and since its so fast, many hits are counted as one and thus you have great bypass potential. Use that on a rend proced person with spark and fire stance...rip! OP! Has a 1 spark cost which is reasonable for the damage. Focused Dive on the other hand...its a 20m range, frontal, chargable AOE with a high chi cost. That's it. No effect, just damage. Fully charged damage is ok but honestly the skill costs too much chi and is very slow to charge. The real use for that skill is if you wanna quickly land a frontal AOE on ppl or running targets when any other option if unavailable. Like all charge skills you can press the skill again to cancel the charge and instantly use it. That is the good part of that skill.

That leaves us with the ultimate in terms of damage skills. The ultimate is quite impressive in it's animation and the effects also are not too shabby. It seems like an Edge-Blur like-effect as well but it is not. You are literally attacking (AOE) every 1.5 seconds and you cannot use other attacks while you are in the ulti state. It lasts for 20 seconds (lv2) and you are immune to all status debuffs in the game and your damage is reduced by 50%. Additionally, you can move while riding on your horse (yes, that's the ulti animation :D ) and your movement speed is increased by 100% as well. The damage will be based on your elemental stances and will be calculated like regular attacks. You can use your shield skills without interrupting the ulti and longer casting skills like Focused Dive and Blade hell but it will appear as if the skill is canceled. Do not be fooled. the skills will completely channel/cast through and don't panic. The only thing you lose is the animation with some skills but you eventually get used to it. Hence you can use ulti and combine it with Shield of Halo or Imprecation to deal some more damage, or Rejection for CC. POSSIBILITIES :D

Continuing in another post...too long :D
  • cosmosia1989
    edited June 2019
    That about covers the attack skills. Now lets talk about the main support skill for your attacks! Shattering Scream. Insanely powerful. It ports your to your target with every attack you use withing 15 seconds for a possible total of 30 attacks (multihit skills like blade hell count for the amount of hits/ports you get while using it). The range here is 35. It says the max range would be 35 but that is not true. If you use a weapon with additional range, then it will port you further depending on the range add you have. Also, if you use a ranged skill like Focused Dive or Heavenly Arbitration..you WILL be ported by 35m + additional range on weapons you could have + the range of the skill you use, hence without any additional range add on the weapon, heavenly arbitration will port you for 35+23m (arbitrations range) for a total of 58m, which is by far the longest range in the game and allows you to either chase targets that are crazy far away or put yourself out of harms way as well, depending on the situation. Still, imagine being relentlessly attacked for 15 seconds with no way of kiting. Even if you go into the air, this skill allows the edgerunner to still keep attacking you, even if they are not on a flyer. OP af. It lasts 15 seconds with a cd of 60 seconds and costs 150 chi. So you have a downtime of 45 seconds. Be very aware of that skill if you fight against an edgerunner and dont plan on kiting too much because that most likely won't save vs an Edge. Also noteworthy: If you use Shattering Scream with a multihit skill you will continuously be ported to the target per hit. So if someone uses holy patch and moves at 15m/s and you use blade hell in shattering scream you will always be on your target and it will get hit by all of the attacks.

That leaves us with 2 survival skills: Wings of Desolation and Inner Serenity. Inner Serenity is straight forward. Immunity for stun/freeze and 50% movement speed increase. Simple enough. Wings of Desolation is a fine skill, very fine! It costs 100 chi and renders you completely immune to all status debuffs, just like the ulti does. And like the ulti it also decreases the damage you receive by 50% and increases your movement speed. Lasts 15 seconds. Just like the ulti you will be stuck in an animation for that time and cannot use other attacks, you can use shields again ofc if you like. A quirky thing about both ulti and wings of desolation is that, if you use that skill on your flyer, they will increase your flyers movement speed, too. So if you are in a pickly, jump on your flyer, get the speed flight going and use wings or the ulti and you are far, far gone, basically uncatchable and unkillable in the process. Neat!

That covers the skills and you can already see that this class is hella powerful. All that said, in mass pvp and vs melee classes the edgerunner will truly shine, make use of your debuffs to the max and throw in a heartbite rend proc and things can get pretty unfair pretty fast. But! They are not without their weaknesses. As powerful as shattering scream is..if you can allow it and if you play a ranged class..during the 45 sec downtime you can basically just walk away from an edgerunner and there is not much he could do about it. To circumvent this a little, I personally think it would be best to use an STR based genie here too, just like the Tec should do vs Arcanes and ranged classes. Occult ice and any additional CC to lock down the enemy will be much appreciated vs slippery targets, obviously. Also add Whirlwind on your genie for good meassure and you are golden. Oh, and lets not forget that an STR- Based tangling mire combined with a green glyphed ghost slash can easily reduce a targets physical defense by 120+% which can be lethal, given the high base damage edgerunners posses.

There is obviously much more to be said about the edgerunner and the tec and many, many more specifics, combos in specific situations and much more but to give you a general overview of what to expect, look out for and what to look into if you play them yourself. If someone wants to make a guide out of this and format it an a more appealing fashion, be my guest. Cheers.

PS. I personally still prefer Sage for the Edge atm due to those reasons: Shield of Monstrosity reflects one more effect and shield of imprecation increases the skill damage by 5% more. Other than that, there really isn't much difference. I agree that demon spark is superior to the sage spark, obviously since edgerunner are no tanks, they are DDs but just the trip spark does not outweight the other skills for me. If they are give those 2 shields NF versions and make them equal then I will switch to demon as well. Another nice thing you can do in sage is make a makro with all the sage elemental stances and let them just rotate. Since you get 10 chi per and it's fast, you can recover chi in no time if you are idle for a few seconds or afk. Very useful.

@madonna89 That could be it, yes. Still the question remains, why does the animation cut out like that and why does the projectile take so long to reach the target sometimes, even if the target does not move at all. Weird, weird :D
  • cosmosia1989
    k, I tested Ghost slash with a lv1 weapon and steady damage. In no situation does it also reduce elemental resistances. Only physical.
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Shattering scream could be dangerous to use if it works like you say. While it is great for chasing down a target, it could also be great for LEADING the edgerunner into a cluster of your allies, where he will summarily be slaughtered. I would suggest: use Shattering Scream with GREAT care!
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• olivier1093
    olivier1093 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    -deleted-
  • deceitsoul
    deceitsoul Posts: 94 Community Moderator
    Ouch that def looks pretty broken for a buff , does this include def lvl also? , going make barbs rare.
    --/**Ticket- Support**\----/**Rules of Conduct**\-->

----/**Administrator of Mod team**\-->
    Inquires or questions inbox here
    Or reach me in-game
    Ouln -Etherblade Server