Not Receiving Points from M/A Instance

I've been able to do the M/A instance for the past couple of weeks just fine. I've done them all correctly this week as well but am not receiving the points and it still says completions is 0/2. Sent a ticket....they told me to post here x.x.

MasterBayshon
Tideswell

Comments

• shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Did you squad up? Yeah you can be in the instance together without being in squad..
    Did the apprentices level to 105? Heard cant get points as apprentices if 105 (current level though, mine are 105 in book and gets it fine)
  • bayshmaster#5899
    bayshmaster#5899 Posts: 21 Arc User
    shopcheese wrote: »
    Did you squad up? Yeah you can be in the instance together without being in squad..
    Did the apprentices level to 105? Heard cant get points as apprentices if 105 (current level though, mine are 105 in book and gets it fine)

I was squaded up with master as squad leader. All apprentices are lvl 100. None of their quest logs were full. With at least 3 quest slots.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Make sure alts all have the "Master's Training" quest. If for whatever reason they don't have that just let the quest fail and restart the challenge.​​
  • pasarinho
    pasarinho Posts: 22 Arc User
    Hey @asterelle , do you know how do i give a Teaching Stone to my apprentice?
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    pasarinho wrote: »

For the Teaching Stone you just target your apprentice and right-click the stone in your inventory to "teach" them - you don't need to give it to them. Apprentices don't actually need a Teaching Stone unless they're going to be a master in the future.

For how to acquire one, you can get a Teaching Stone for free when you become a master (through the Growth Goal window). You can also purchase one for 1,050,000 coins from Core Lotus Seed in south Archosaur.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • pasarinho
    obielle wrote: »

For the Teaching Stone you just target your apprentice and right-click the stone in your inventory to "teach" them - you don't need to give it to them. Apprentices don't actually need a Teaching Stone unless they're going to be a master in the future.

For how to acquire one, you can get a Teaching Stone for free when you become a master (through the Growth Goal window). You can also purchase one for 1,050,000 coins from Core Lotus Seed in south Archosaur.

it didnt worked when i tried, wierd.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User

You need to make sure that neither master nor apprentice is swimming, flying, on mount, meditating, etc, else it wont work. They just gotta stand next to eachother doing nothing for it to work
  • pasarinho
    shopcheese wrote: »

You need to make sure that neither master nor apprentice is swimming, flying, on mount, meditating, etc, else it wont work. They just gotta stand next to eachother doing nothing for it to work

it worked, thank you so much!!
  • cpr001
    cpr001 Posts: 5 Arc User
    (partially just venting frustration on behalf of my M/A party);
    The other day I went with 2 other apprentices and a master to the autumn area in the M/A instance. All of us apprentices managed to get caught. However, rather than the stage failing due to everyone being caught (once our master couldn't handle all of the mobs running around) the master got glitched out of the stage and the autumn stage just kept on going as if we were all still in the maze. Deleting the quest didn't work as it immediately got back. It was a really annoying situation... On top of that, once we did reset it (by going out completely and logging off or something) only 1 of us got points. Today we got a different stage, again just one person got points (not the same person btw, and all our levels are different). Everytime we do it, it just doesn't want to reward all the players.

I just found this thread due to the situation being frustrating (mainly for the master among us since he loves anything that involves getting titles). I haven't tried looking at my quest log to see if i actually got the quest... but if it only gives one person the proper quest each time that would be weird and annoying to reset over and over in the hope all 3 might get it - and we got the quest slots for it, so why wouldn't it be there? (and during the autumn stage, as we were all forced to find a solution, we all noticed we had the quest and thus keep presuming we get it by default... still no points for most of us though)....

Are there any proper solutions or is it just bugged...? I never planned to do this for a long time due to the ridiculously high point system it has, but come on...
  • mirstercleric
    mirstercleric Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hi all,
    this bug just happened to me as well and after writing a ticket i got told to post it here to find a solution ... (pretty poor help tbh)
    i started doing the M/A instance on Monday with the autumn event. As discribed above also one of my Apprentices just got randomly kicked out of the instance so i deceided to reset the whole run. After one more fail (an other Apprentice got kicked out) we managed to finish the instance by the 3rd try but no one got any reward for it.
    On Tuesday we did the instance again and managed to finish the spring instance within the 1st try, no reward for all of us.
    Today (Wednesday) we did the M/A instance again, managed to finish the summer event within the 1st try, again no reward for anyone.

Tbh i didnt check if every char got the ''Master's Training'' quest @astrerell, but i think without this quest they wouldnt be able to get the pull/push /net items they had to use at the summer stage?

At the same time i had no problem with an other toon. My Archer just finished the M/A instance with 3 Apprentice chars on Monday/Tuesday and everyone got full rewards.
    Im curious why my Cleric is buged and not able to get any Rewardpoints anymore (same for the Apprentices of the Cleric ofc).

I rlly hope this bug might 'reset' for next week & gonna keep an eye on the quest-tracker while starting it next week.
  • mirstercleric
    mirstercleric Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hi all,
    this bug just happened to me as well and after writing a ticket i got told to post it here ... (pretty poor help tbh)
    I already did some M/A instances the last few weeks without any problem.
    On Monday me and 3 Apprentices had to finish the autumn stage. Just before we finished it one of the Apprentices got randomly kicked out of the instances and so i deceided to reset the instance and start all over again. After one more random kicking out of an other Apprentice on the 2nd try we managed to finish the instance by the 3rd try (no one got kicked out) but no one got any reward.
    On Tuesday we started all over again with the spring stage. We managed to finish it within the 1st try, again no rewards for anyone.
    Today (Wednesday) we finished the summer instance within the 1st try, again no reward for any of us.

Tbh i didnt check if everyone got the ''Master's Training'' quest after starting the instance @asterelle, but shouldnt this quest be activated before you are able to take the pull/ push/ net items for the summer instance?

Im curious why my Cleric got this bug, cause on an other toon, my Archer, everything is working. I just did the M/A Instance on Monday & Tuesday and everything wokred fine / everyone got their rewardpoints on Archer.

Anyways, i rlly hope this bug might ''reset'' by the next week, nevertheless i will check if any of my Apprentices got the Master's Training'' quest before.
  • nocturne#7503
    nocturne#7503 Posts: 4 Arc User
    So my experience on this. It happened to me one week doing the Autumn instance.

My Master had just used the teaching stone on us so the instance glitched and only she was teleported into the maze. After she died, the maze wouldn't reset because I and the other apprentices were still alive. So we decided to do the instance the next day. However the next day, we got the same instance again and after doing it none of us got points.

So come next week, one of the apprentices noticed that there was an open MA quest for wheat and had 0/408 wheat. After she trashed that quest and we also looked for one on our quest list, we started getting points again.
  • pasarinho
    Can someone explain me how does the entire M/A instance works?
    Thanks in advanced.
  • cpr001
    cpr001 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Can someone explain me how does the entire M/A instance works?
    Thanks in advanced.

There is actually a pretty good explanation on the pwi wiki:
    https://pwi.gamepedia.com/Master_and_Apprentice_Instance