[RECOMMENDATIONS?] - Coin Farming Methods | Low and Mid Tier Players

As the title suggest, I'm currently looking for any possible coin farming method that you guys can share which are viable to low and mid tier players like myself as well as those who doesn't spend a single dime to this game.

I've been searching in the forums for anything that I can possibly find as well as asking my faction mates and friends. To add, I also came across this YouTube video which shows several coin farming method by Cybert0ny. In summary of what his methods are:
  • Daily Log In
  • HS dailies (excluding gardening quest)
  • Swords to Plowshares (Western Continent)
Note: some suggest that it would be way cheaper if you make your HS stay at level 1 so the cost of cerise gems consumed is lesser and your alt must at least reach mirage sky 1 minimum as well as rb2 level 100 to do the plowshare quest.
If I were to follow this method, JoJ wouldn't be an option anymore and all the things that I just need to do is to wait for pill code and use my main to help reach the minimum boundary requirement.

As for my knowledge about coin farming method:
  • JoJ
  • Merchandising (crazy stones)
  • Selling FC runs
  • HS dailies
  • TT runs
  • FWS runs
  • Crafting service
  • Lunar runs
I didn't mention UP, FS, and DH because those instances require expensive gear unless you're a barb or the two wanted class which is bm and veno where the squad doesn't really care about their gears and more about their debuffs.

I know I'm missing other methods to farm coins and that's where you, my fellow PWI players comes in and recommend what are your methods that you ladies and gents are willing to share to the public.

Looking forward to your response!

Thanks.

Comments

• antonio0590
    antonio0590 Posts: 144 Arc User
    They lowered the level requirement to own a HS to level 70. not sure about the rep requirement, it might still be there.
  • perfectrix#4993
    perfectrix#4993 Posts: 10 Arc User
    They lowered the level requirement to own a HS to level 70. not sure about the rep requirement, it might still be there.

I already knew that which is why I didn't include it when I was stating the basic requirement if I were to follow Cybert0ny's method but thanks anyways for your time to give a comment. Really appreciate it.
  • nocturne#7503
    nocturne#7503 Posts: 4 Arc User
    no rep needed for HS now
  • shanaylyne
    shanaylyne Posts: 2 Arc User
    Farm TW herbs in heaven and hell
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    JoJ maybe, but its likely we see this one die completely when the coin management patch hit us.
    Homestead for sure. Not on 1 character, but on as many you can handle. Focus on this one.
    I would use the remaining of my playtime to work on a main or farming character. Farm badges from ws you could as you mentioned - but for yourself and not for coin.

I have a set of characters with no gear on another server. I use to do homestead on them daily (mulberry quests) and they have gathered together a few hundred mil coin. I dont play them anymore however, but all I use to do is log them in for 5 minute a day for maybe 3-4 months. Its the highest income for lowest effort, maybe apart from merchanting, but you need a good amount of coin before really making relevant progress for merchanting.
  • perfectrix#4993
    shanaylyne wrote: »
    Farm TW herbs in heaven and hell

Haven't thought of that idea. I was an herb farmer back when I was able to enter lothranis/momaganon but then I grew tired of it. Thanks for the response.
  • perfectrix#4993
    shopcheese wrote: »
    JoJ maybe, but its likely we see this one die completely when the coin management patch hit us.
    Homestead for sure. Not on 1 character, but on as many you can handle. Focus on this one.
    I would use the remaining of my playtime to work on a main or farming character. Farm badges from ws you could as you mentioned - but for yourself and not for coin.

I have a set of characters with no gear on another server. I use to do homestead on them daily (mulberry quests) and they have gathered together a few hundred mil coin. I dont play them anymore however, but all I use to do is log them in for 5 minute a day for maybe 3-4 months. Its the highest income for lowest effort, maybe apart from merchanting, but you need a good amount of coin before really making relevant progress for merchanting.

Amazing! In just such a short amount of time, the HS gave you that of a profit. May I ask as to why you don't play those HS toons anymore?
  • shopcheese
    edited June 2019

Amazing! In just such a short amount of time, the HS gave you that of a profit. May I ask as to why you don't play those HS toons anymore?

As mentioned they are on a different server than my main server. I only focus on my main server now (Twilight Temple) so I really have no reason to play them anymore. I also have a larger amount of HS toons on TT server to take care of anyway, though I mostly keep their materials for upgrading weapons and not for reselling, but Im well aware of I could make a fortune of them if I sold all.
  • perfectrix#4993

As mentioned they are on a different server than my main server. I only focus on my main server now (Twilight Temple) so I really have no reason to play them anymore. I also have a larger amount of HS toons on TT server to take care of anyway, though I mostly keep their materials for upgrading weapons and not for reselling, but Im well aware of I could make a fortune of them if I sold all.

Oh I see and sorry I must've seen that you mentioned that they were on a different server when you first commented but I completely forgot about it.

Besides HS, what other coin farming method do you usually use?
  • shopcheese
    edited June 2019
    I duo a ton of different instances with my spouse - FSJ, UPD, DHD, sometimes TTR. They arent all for profit though.
    I also do duo the world boss Haspoon with an old friend

Its mostly the glyphs and C packs we have been selling, sometimes medias from badges from haspoon.

Then theres merchanting. I always hated calculating, buying stuff, you know that kind of stuff. My spouse however, was already merchanting a ton when I first met him. He's now buying stuff with my money (and his own) and tells me what price I have to resell for, lol! Saves me the headache to think about it.

Of course, my characters werent strong enough to solo/duo instances either when I first started out or was alone. I remember doing a ton of FSD solo, not nuking any bosses, just killing them slowly. And a lot of lunar runs, though those items dropped in value since then I think. Also dont underestimate BH rewards when you have an army of alts.

Tbh, alts are the key to farming in this game, put them all in a squad together and farm.
  • perfectrix#4993
    I duo a ton of different instances with my spouse - FSJ, UPD, DHD, sometimes TTR. They arent all for profit though.
    I also do duo the world boss Haspoon with an old friend

Its mostly the glyphs and C packs we have been selling, sometimes medias from badges from haspoon.

Then theres merchanting. I always hated calculating, buying stuff, you know that kind of stuff. My spouse however, was already merchanting a ton when I first met him. He's now buying stuff with my money (and his own) and tells me what price I have to resell for, lol! Saves me the headache to think about it.

Of course, my characters werent strong enough to solo/duo instances either when I first started out or was alone. I remember doing a ton of FSD solo, not nuking any bosses, just killing them slowly. And a lot of lunar runs, though those items dropped in value since then I think. Also dont underestimate BH rewards when you have an army of alts.

Tbh, alts are the key to farming in this game, put them all in a squad together and farm.

Just gonna ignore where you mentioned those end game dungeons and focus about what you just said about alts. I've been making tons of accounts just to make alt army way back then but now that I decided to start fresh, making multiple accounts isn't possible for me anymore due to how much I've used my phone number for verification. I only have 1 account atm and that's where my main is and planning on making alts at the same account registered to my main. Might take a while to do BH one by one instead of squading all of them together but I'm fine with it.

You also mentioned about the upcoming patch that'll affect the currency of the game. Can you give me a detailed explanation regarding about this or maybe provide a link.

Thanks.
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    ..., making multiple accounts isn't possible for me anymore due to how much I've used my phone...
    Then there is an option to use disposable addresses just for the alt-accounts. Lol, no need for PWE to send any mail to your disposable address(es) and no need to use a phone for verification.
  • perfectrix#4993
    sjampie wrote: »
    ..., making multiple accounts isn't possible for me anymore due to how much I've used my phone...
    Then there is an option to use disposable addresses just for the alt-accounts. Lol, no need for PWE to send any mail to your disposable address(es) and no need to use a phone for verification.

I have thought of using that but this arc situation where it request an account access code which is sent to the email you provided when logging your alt to a new or different pc which I usually do when I travel is not a viable option for me.
  • shopcheese
    edited June 2019
    You can turn that option off, or get the code from the emails as long its a permanent email and not a temp that gets auto deleted, though thats a hassle. I prefer the arc protector off.
    Personally I use my own web server that can have unlimited mails so I really dont have problems with my mails.
  • perfectrix#4993
    You can turn that option off, or get the code from the emails as long its a permanent email and not a temp that gets auto deleted, though thats a hassle. I prefer the arc protector off.
    Personally I use my own web server that can have unlimited mails so I really dont have problems with my mails.

I didn't know you can turn off the protector! Please do tell how to turn it off. But if I were to do this to my alt accounts, I don't have to worry about using temporary emails in the future then?
  • shopcheese
    I wouldnt use temporary emails at all. It should be an email you can log if you ever need to.
    Open Arc (the software) and click the settings icon on the top right. You'll see Arc Defender right away which you can turn off.
  • perfectrix#4993
    I wouldnt use temporary emails at all. It should be an email you can log if you ever need to.
    Open Arc (the software) and click the settings icon on the top right. You'll see Arc Defender right away which you can turn off.

I see it now, thanks!

As for the main topic, feel free to comment more coin farming method you have in mind. Same goes to my fellow PWI players.
  • bakujirou
    bakujirou Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Farming in this game certainly is something else.
    As mentioned above, you'll want alts, as many as you can handle for sure.

Startup/Early Game:
    JoJ (preferably with a character at each "level range" to get as many quests/coins as possible per day)
    Merchanting (Shards, Mirages, Tokens, some Low Level material drops/Banker DQ, ect )

Mid-Late Game
    JoJ (on main or alts)
    EU (Book Runs)
    BH 100s
    Low Level TT mat merchanting*
    DFSP (turn the coins into packs or other goodies to sell)
    Homestead contracts
    WS/Lunar (If drops are sold/purchased & Crafting Service)

Endgame
    JFSP (Same as Deicide method, but more rewarding)
    DDH* (Glyphs)
    (D)UP Split Runs*
    MBH of the above
    Haspon (Glyphs)
    Swords to Plowshares (Acoustic Media after X days)
    High-End TT/TTR*
    FF Sales*
    Merchanting (Keys, Packs, Gold investments, ect)
    JoJ Alt army.

* = You will either need to be a specific class (Sin/BM/Veno/SB/DB) and/or really well geared to do this reliably most of the time.

[Etherblade] Euthymius
    Galefang [PWpedia]

CFvfwVj.png
  • perfectrix#4993
    bakujirou wrote: »
    Farming in this game certainly is something else.
    As mentioned above, you'll want alts, as many as you can handle for sure.

Startup/Early Game:
    JoJ (preferably with a character at each "level range" to get as many quests/coins as possible per day)
    Merchanting (Shards, Mirages, Tokens, some Low Level material drops/Banker DQ, ect )

Mid-Late Game
    JoJ (on main or alts)
    EU (Book Runs)
    BH 100s
    Low Level TT mat merchanting*
    DFSP (turn the coins into packs or other goodies to sell)
    Homestead contracts
    WS/Lunar (If drops are sold/purchased & Crafting Service)

Endgame
    JFSP (Same as Deicide method, but more rewarding)
    DDH* (Glyphs)
    (D)UP Split Runs*
    MBH of the above
    Haspon (Glyphs)
    Swords to Plowshares (Acoustic Media after X days)
    High-End TT/TTR*
    FF Sales*
    Merchanting (Keys, Packs, Gold investments, ect)
    JoJ Alt army.

* = You will either need to be a specific class (Sin/BM/Veno/SB/DB) and/or really well geared to do this reliably most of the time.

TYSM for this detailed response you just gave. Really appreciate it.
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    Believe it or not..TT mats still sell pretty well and for a decent price (talking TT1.x to TT3.x). You can still make a good buck with that. Anything else hardly is time effective imho.