PWI Wings of Rebirth Expansion - The Good The Bad and The Broken / Bugs. (R9 issue!)

Comments

• dwveno
    dwveno Posts: 8 Arc User
    There seems to be an issue with at least the edgerunner learning their 79 books. (don't know about the gunner)
  • nocturne#7503
    nocturne#7503 Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @dwveno said:
    > There seems to be an issue with at least the edgerunner learning their 79 books. (don't know about the gunner)

I've had no issue with learning those.
  • reaperarm1
    reaperarm1 Posts: 90 Arc User
    Still unable to get into the game at all, i've tried everything I can think of. I get as far as the server selection screen, as soon as I pick and it tries to log in the client just freezes up. I doubt it gets fixed but I figure I would throw this out there as other people may have the same issue, as for me this is a sign to call it quits. The way this expansion was just thrown up with no warning/announcement and as bug ridden as it is... Just ugh, good luck to the rest of you that try to stick it out with pw.
  • ethika1
    ethika1 Posts: 53 Arc User
    As of right now and what we know now from previous new class updates. Should I be looking forward to us getting g16 in another 2/3 months or is it just a flat no?
  • zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    Weird part about my crashs, it only happen to my barb, not to other chars. I have same settings on all chars, so Iguess it can related to a barb-only graphic effect, or to something about that char (fash, weapon effect...)
  • sahitan001
    sahitan001 Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    So I know that the new classes when creating hardly have options. creates one with the sporadic selection. goes online and back to the char selection to edit. Now you have many more options to edit. Saves the skin once to see which folder it is. since it is the same skin in female as in the Nightshade you can easily go on your female dusk or stormy and save the skin. The folder for copying is called C: \ PWI \ element \ userdata \ character \ customize \ 121
    and please turn of the option to see all hot chars like always ....
    KDjsfab.jpg
    9EFMdab.jpg
    o37icab.jpg

Post edited by sahitan001 on
  • pikachuni
    pikachuni Posts: 2 Arc User
    I went demon on my Technician but didn't get the skill Inner Harmony that gives extra sparks. I can't find it in the skills list either. Am I missing something or is this just an omission that will be fixed? She is level 100.
  • psychochris#0922
    psychochris#0922 Posts: 4 Arc User
    I also went demon on my level 100 technician and got demon spark eruption and mo zun's taunt but no inner harmony. Inner harmony isn't in the skills list and i can't find anywhere that I could acquire the skill or any discussion that gives any instruction to get it. I hope this will be fixed soon. Is anyone else having the same problem?
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    pikachuni wrote: »
    I went demon on my Technician but didn't get the skill Inner Harmony that gives extra sparks. I can't find it in the skills list either. Am I missing something or is this just an omission that will be fixed? She is level 100.

I'm a little confused about this, because Inner Harmony is an assassin skill. Also, demons don't get a skill that generate chi - only sages do.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • pgbanks
    pgbanks Posts: 4 Arc User
    okay, so no demon skill to generate chi. what a shame!
  • obielle
    edited June 2019
    Adding this one that I saw from one of the facebook groups since I'm not sure if the quest is bugged - if so it probably has been since before this update.

They were doing their Twilight Sky 8 quest chain and were doing the quest "Air and Stone". For context, you get this quest automatically after completing "Seeking the Truth". This person failed their quest when their client crashed (which shouldn't happen since this quest shouldn't fail if you go offline). They cannot pick up the quest because Air and Stone has no NPC to pick it up at and does not have an area to pick up the quest at (I've checked this and there's no pickup method for this quest). Therefore they cannot continue or complete the Twilight Sky quest chain. You can actually trash this quest too so overall it's a pretty poorly-designed quest.

Not sure if it's something that may happen to others or if it's happened to anyone else, I wanted to check just in case.

UPDATE: Apparently they trashed the quest so that's probably why they're having the issue. I'm not really sure how they failed it or if they did at all. But either way the fact you can't pick it up after trashing it is a bit of an issue

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    obielle wrote: »
    Adding this one that I saw from one of the facebook groups since I'm not sure if the quest is bugged - if so it probably has been since before this update.

They were doing their Twilight Sky 8 quest chain and were doing the quest "Air and Stone". For context, you get this quest automatically after completing "Seeking the Truth". This person failed their quest when their client crashed (which shouldn't happen since this quest shouldn't fail if you go offline). They cannot pick up the quest because Air and Stone has no NPC to pick it up at and does not have an area to pick up the quest at (I've checked this and there's no pickup method for this quest). Therefore they cannot continue or complete the Twilight Sky quest chain. You can actually trash this quest too so overall it's a pretty poorly-designed quest.

Not sure if it's something that may happen to others or if it's happened to anyone else, I wanted to check just in case.

UPDATE: Apparently they trashed the quest so that's probably why they're having the issue. I'm not really sure how they failed it or if they did at all. But either way the fact you can't pick it up after trashing it is a bit of an issue

Ah. Intresting. I've been looking into this for a friend as well.

This is one that needs to be logged with support as well please if you have the issue. May be an item can restart the quest.

Thanks.
  • sameddol
    sameddol Posts: 5 Arc User
    I have been having this problem since the update and after updating the graphics card, all updates, a clean install, and a new computer; its still not working where you can log into game but is freezes. once in game if you turn too fast it freezes the client and if you port to or into up it will freeze the client's display but your toon will still move, i tried different clients and it is the only thing running minus arc it self (i tried killing arc after client was up) and still froze the screen or just black screen. It will run fine in pwb and some trials but will random black screen.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    I was looking through the rewards for Master / Apprentice and found something that could cause problems down the line. The "Distinguished Teacher Gift" for 135000 Master points and "Canonical Teacher Gift" for 162000 are not fully implemented yet and if you accept them before we get the next update you would never be able to get the exclusive flyer / mount.

It's going to take people at least 6 months to reach those rewards so there is time but I'm not confident we'll have the next update by then.
    ​​
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    I also still have the issue that if I log in, the game instantly freezes when I use my AMD Vega56/Vega64 or Radeon VII. If I use any Nvidia Card or the onboard GPU from my processor..everything runs fine..just that the IGPU is still very bugged and causes complete driver failures sometimes.

I have tried anything imaginable..they seem to have changed something with the recent update and I got no clue what it is. I also tried removing the 64-Bit-Files but that still did not solve it.
  • obielle
    asterelle wrote: »
    I was looking through the rewards for Master / Apprentice and found something that could cause problems down the line. The "Distinguished Teacher Gift" for 135000 Master points and "Canonical Teacher Gift" for 162000 are not fully implemented yet and if you accept them before we get the next update you would never be able to get the exclusive flyer / mount.

It's going to take people at least 6 months to reach those rewards so there is time but I'm not confident we'll have the next update by then.
    ​​

Thanks for confirming this - I couldn't find the flyers for the ticket and thought maybe I missed something. I didn't expect the mount was broken though...I did notice it was pretty much the Chubby Swine mount but good to know it's just not updated yet.

Luckily it's easy to avoid accepting those rewards, as you have to complete quests in part of a quest line to get those rewards. I'll make sure to include this information on the wiki in the hopes that people won't accidentally take these broken rewards.

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Yeah it is chubby for now but they give you a different one after an update.
    If you get it early you'll be stuck with chubby.

New one: knv0WyV.jpg

the wings are pretty nice
    b155oG7.jpg

​​
  • nightosphere
    nightosphere Posts: 6 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »
    obielle wrote: »

Ah. Intresting. I've been looking into this for a friend as well.

This is one that needs to be logged with support as well please if you have the issue. May be an item can restart the quest.

Thanks.

They talked with support all last month but support basically said nothing they can do... my friend was the one with this issue and he's decided to quit because he's tired of dealing with not being able to keep going in the questline.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    r9 for edge/tech were fixed in the most recent patch so that's resolved however edgerunners hold shields upside down when flying for whatever reason not busted but a visual bug if anything
  • pasarinho
    pasarinho Posts: 22 Arc User
    nunuator wrote: »
    r9 for edge/tech were fixed in the most recent patch so that's resolved however edgerunners hold shields upside down when flying for whatever reason not busted but a visual bug if anything

i’ve noticed that too, back then when edgerunners were released on china.
    A few days ago i was thinking about that and figured out maybe it is right.
    Check the way they hold the shield, now image you holding a shield in the same position. After that, imagine you flying hold the shield at the same way.
    The shield will be upaide down isnt it?
  • tecmstr#2244
    tecmstr#2244 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    This is one of the worse expansion ever. No planning, no promotion just bam here is ur expansion and by the way u cant do alot with character modification. All previous expansion, have few hints here and there what can can be expected and change to game playing. This expansion nada. Plus all previous expansion, codes were given to help the new toon a little some some. this one not a single thing. By far this is the worse expansion.
  • overdone#3296
    overdone#3296 Posts: 8 Arc User
    this might be just a very minor irritation...
    BUT
    why is it.... i buy an inventory stone to increase my inventory....
    and need to go to the inventory master
    but cant seem to find it on the presets in the Coordinate assistant..??
    at least for Archosaur
  • babyhas2legs
    babyhas2legs Posts: 39 Arc User
    Reading all this gave me headache.
  • laulupullo
    laulupullo Posts: 39 Arc User
    lvl100 culti 64-bit mode on bugs out
    OcK8Z11.png
  • cbanananf
    cbanananf Posts: 34 Arc User
    Another annoying bug is when in fsj in belles room at least one but alot of the time half the squad crashes :/
  • cashoper#6962
    cashoper#6962 Posts: 13 Arc User
    thats funny
  • henrydrake
    henrydrake Posts: 3 Arc User
    I searched, but found nothing talking about Assassins being able to use Revelation Potion and Espionage Potion, even though it was described in the item they could not use.
    I already opened a ticket asking, but asked to check in the forum. Will you ever do something to solve this? Because it brings more imbalance to the game.
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    henrydrake wrote: »
    I searched, but found nothing talking about Assassins being able to use Revelation Potion and Espionage Potion, even though it was described in the item they could not use.
    I already opened a ticket asking, but asked to check in the forum. Will you ever do something to solve this? Because it brings more imbalance to the game.

Sins can, has pretty much always been, able to use the revelation potions. This allows them to see ppl of their level in stealth, no higher. If they werent able to use them, they would not have any means to see ppl of same level in stealth.
  • danilo#4237
    danilo#4237 Posts: 62 Arc User
    - Currently the game does not auto-detect whether your computer is running a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system. To load your client to the 64-bit version you must adjust this manually.

How do it ?