New Classes - How are you doing?

heerohex#3018
heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
How are we doing with the new classes?

What is the Highest Lv you have got up to?

Any Tips for starting the new classes?

Comments

• berryberry1234
    berryberry1234 Posts: 22 Arc User
    I've only played the Technician and got up to level 21. I didn't have much time to play thought, but this weekend I'll definitely level it up more, I very much like it!!
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Didnt even start yet, too busy. Maybe next week!
  • heerohex#3018
    edited May 2019
    I've only played the Technician and got up to level 21. I didn't have much time to play thought, but this weekend I'll definitely level it up more, I very much like it!!

Ill be joining the DA server for a few hours tonight to play this, So should be interesting.
    shopcheese wrote: »
    Didnt even start yet, too busy. Maybe next week!

Yer I know the feeling.​​
  • wksdkalsd
    wksdkalsd Posts: 2 Arc User
    A long time ago i started a wiz on Dreamweaver (now Tideswell). Because there were no european servers back then (im dutch) all the events and tw fights were at times when i was usually asleep.

now the new classes have arrived and i took this opportunity to play on dawnglory and start all over again with a new toon from scrap. no help from my main or whatsoever.

currently i'm lvl 55 and i've even set up remote desktop with my computer at home so i can login to it and make my toon fly around to do the culti quests. i'm happy with the update.

tips for the new classes:
    - use your time charms to the max for auto culti;
    - figure out which skills you're going to use and max those before the ones that don't require to max right away
    - keep a look out for world chat to see if there are people doing the bounty quest that you need
  • heerohex#3018
    wksdkalsd wrote: »
    A long time ago i started a wiz on Dreamweaver (now Tideswell). Because there were no european servers back then (im dutch) all the events and tw fights were at times when i was usually asleep.

now the new classes have arrived and i took this opportunity to play on dawnglory and start all over again with a new toon from scrap. no help from my main or whatsoever.

currently i'm lvl 55 and i've even set up remote desktop with my computer at home so i can login to it and make my toon fly around to do the culti quests. i'm happy with the update.

tips for the new classes:
    - use your time charms to the max for auto culti;
    - figure out which skills you're going to use and max those before the ones that don't require to max right away
    - keep a look out for world chat to see if there are people doing the bounty quest that you need

Good tips!

I'll post what lv I manage later. Also not using my main.

I do have a bit of coin but that's it.

Thanks
  • cbanananf
    cbanananf Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I made Tech got her lvl 100 she is awesome. Hmm tips do all pink quests makes lvling super fast \o/
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Made a Tech, getting exp seems pretty easy now with the quests/speed/teleports. Tech might be pretty unique in PvP considering the way it scales with range. Unlike every other ranged class in the game it's actually wrong to DD from max range and instead you want to play from mid-range to spray as many targets as possible. Could be fun... if only gearing became as easy as leveling did. The class is fkn broken though, but this is to be expected... Has to be for PWI to make money off the class.

Edgerunner I didn't even look at, I'm sure it'll be the most broken class ever in 1v1s and completely worthless in mass PvP. Pretty much the same story of every generation of melee class we've seen since the release of PWI.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    As one of the first lvl 100 Edge runners they appear to be a mix of Barb Db and sin
    Edge is by far the most broken new class but has rng cc... for 1.5 sparks u can tele for the next 20 attacks ,or 10 sec, for a distance of 30 meters I’ll be posting a skill showcase somewhere later on after I get celestial demon

A couple tips the edge runners have a spammable aoe but will bug after the first use on certain packs of mobs such as fcc to fix that issue tab after each use of said skill which allows it to spam...
    2nd tip build for them is as follows, 55dex rest str, the reason being in any elemental stance you never miss...

Common questions:
    Sage or demon?
    I personally recommend going demon as the crit bonus from wep is what you should be aiming for, demon spark also grants 25% crit rate. (See below for why it’s important)

Sage has super quick chi gain as u can spam each stance for 10chi with little to no cd cycling through them

Most + sides of one side get destroyed by merge skills making them pretty much even.

Atm demon appears to have chi issues but glyph merges will fix this issue so I’m not worried about that

Now the reason why I’m personally going crit stones in weapon and why I went demon for the crit rate

On most glyph skills for edge runner there is a secondary debuff effect or increased dmg on the skill if you crit on the hit of the skill.
    Most noteably the 30% hf on the multi hit skill sure it only lasts 5 secs but it’s on an 8 sec cd so with proper luck you can chain 30% hf and 50% armor break in a combo making it a monster in pvp theoretically

What’s the patk on them like?
    Edge runner calcs with basic gear now (Rb2 s 2/2/2 set,emperor, this is without a chart equipped and using China R9 for the calc) Has a base patk of 55-62k
    Mdef and other stats are basic for HA
    60k+ Pdef 30k+ mdef
  • heerohex#3018
    OK, so was playing the edgerunner class last night managed to get to lv 18.

I found the class to be intresting. Some intresting skills and abilities.
    Liking the general idea of the class. But with more to look at I'll be playing for a bit longer later.

Thanks
  • niicabr
    niicabr Posts: 33 Arc User
    I'm in love with Edgerunner, but the r9s3 forge is with some errors and instead of asking r9s2 gear it ask r9s1, so i cant go r9s3 on my r9. Asked help through ticket and GM said they wasnt going to help me, so, really sad about it.
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    Check the other threads, I mentioned some suggestions and info there. Currently Twilight Sky I and 102/100/100 just by doing quests. Gunner is fun so far and its gonna be pretty powerful, but has no CC whatsoever. So it is basically the No.1 AA-Support-DD class and has a unique amp that stacks with everything else, so definitively a sought after class for PvE.

I am close to getting my first NF-Skills and then I will see how strong the class really is. Getting to Twilight 7 might take a few days. It's fun and esp the Turret might be amazing.
  • ororo14
    ororo14 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Any word on if this particular skill made it into our version of the Gunner? If so I'm glad I started one rotflmao.

2:52/6:35

https://youtu.be/cXSpbfN4kH8?t=172
  • cvrcko
    cvrcko Posts: 33 Arc User
    cant create a new class toon,why?
  • maeree
    maeree Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    ororo14 wrote: »
    Any word on if this particular skill made it into our version of the Gunner? If so I'm glad I started one rotflmao.

It's glythable skill which oneshot enemy w.o. any care about its def if enemy hp lower then … [percentage by lvl of glyth]

By the way, deaden or immune should save.
  • ororo14
    ororo14 Posts: 8 Arc User
    maeree wrote: »
    ororo14 wrote: »

It's glythable skill which oneshot enemy w.o. any care about its def if enemy hp lower then … [percentage by lvl of glyth]

By the way, deaden or immune should save.

Still, what a wonderfully broken thing to have haha!
  • cosmosia1989
    cvrcko wrote: »

Maybe because you dont have character slots left? same reason why I cant create an Edgerunner yet. Tomorrow!!!

And yes, that skill i available and it is not that broken. It depends on you being actually able to see whats going on and judge the situation correctly. You need to drop the HP down to a specific level after all. Like I said earlier, they Technicians are the No.1 Support class now. You could just have no gear, or go full vit, def mode, lurk over ppl and see if their HP drops low enough to insta-kill them. That is one thing you could do but they also deal loads of damage with other skills.
  • dingo488
    edited May 2019
    And yes, that skill i available and it is not that broken. It depends on you being actually able to see whats going on and judge the situation correctly. You need to drop the HP down to a specific level after all. Like I said earlier, they Technicians are the No.1 Support class now. You could just have no gear, or go full vit, def mode, lurk over ppl and see if their HP drops low enough to insta-kill them. That is one thing you could do but they also deal loads of damage with other skills.

When I saw the skill I was excited for about half a second, and I realized this is PWI. If someone is below 15% HP they almost always won't have defense charms and will die to the next skill you cast no matter what skill it is. And if your char has no damage they'll just get finished off by the people that got your target to 15% in the first place. Technically, yes, you can steal the kill with ur shot but you didn't contribute to that kill in any way since someone else would've killed him all the same. You need a target that is:

1. Below 15% (or 20 I think) HP
    2. Tanky enough to not die from anything else
    3. Not being focussed by any other people that will kill him anyway

For someone to be tanky enough they'd have to be inherently tanky and buffed. Which raises the question: Why are you focussing a target like that into being below 15% hp, without using enough people to straight burst him down. A target like this should not exist... This skills only real usage is probably for 1v1s. I would most certainly not suggest building them to be a full vit tank to sit around n use this skill only.

That said, going for a more tanky variant of the build is what I'm thinking aswell, this class clearly wants to fight in the midline, and not in the backline so it can hit as many targets as possible with their spray AoEs. Wudn't call it a good support class though. Theres no CC, the phys debuff is weak and the fire debuff only synergizes with Wizards and other Techs.

• cvrcko
    cvrcko Posts: 33 Arc User
    cvrcko wrote: »

Maybe because you dont have character slots left? same reason why I cant create an Edgerunner yet. Tomorrow!!!

I started on other server and it says i cant,i dont have ANY ttoons on that server.
  • maeree
    maeree Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    dingo488 wrote: »
    1. Below 15% (or 20 I think) HP

15% (unglythed) ~ 18% lvl 1-4 glyth ~ 30% lvl 10 glyth,

That skill is not "wow, worst unbalanced skill", but doenst useless trash too.

Not hard to find a ways for using it -> barb in invoke with cata or on dragon ; dusk; tanky clerics/mystics (who are able to fully re-heal themselves.
  • dingo488
    maeree wrote: »
    That skill is not "wow, worst unbalanced skill", but doenst useless trash too.

Not hard to find a ways for using it -> barb in invoke with cata or on dragon ; dusk; tanky clerics/mystics (who are able to fully re-heal themselves.

Ye it's not useless.

But if there's an invoked barb on 18% hp, then I think your faction his more problems than this skill can solve for them. Also using this skills on classes that are actively healing themselves is never going to pay off. It's not a good skill, in 99.9999% of the occasions you will have a more useful skill ready to use on your skillbar than this one.

• heerohex#3018
    OK so I've managed to get to lv 29 on an edgerunner. I'm liking the skills and setup of the class.

Still unsure on class build but om just kinda going with it.
  • lv100togekiss
    lv100togekiss Posts: 39 Arc User
    Edgerunners get a debuff to increase damage taken. It's in demon and the the chaotic souls get access to it. Earlier was mentioned as hf. Is that what it is, or does it have another symbol?
  • oldphart55
    oldphart55 Posts: 130 Arc User
    well so far got to lvl 80+ but a little ticked off have tried to get fb59 done x3 already solo with mobs first time then with help from a lvl 105 sin and just did it wined at 81 getting same result no credit for boss kills can anyone help out with how i can get this fb done cant advance to next culti
  • lv100togekiss
    oldphart55 wrote: »
    well so far got to lvl 80+ but a little ticked off have tried to get fb59 done x3 already solo with mobs first time then with help from a lvl 105 sin and just did it wined at 81 getting same result no credit for boss kills can anyone help out with how i can get this fb done cant advance to next culti

Auto path to the bosses. They are not inside 59 anymore, but outside the entrance. A lot of culti bosses have moved.
  • heerohex#3018
    I've noticed something how all the mobs are a little easy...

Was kinda hoping for a little challenge at some points. From what I can in other threads I don't think I'm gonna get this....
  • lv100togekiss
    Ok. I can confirm that Heavenly Punishment debuff is same as hf.
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    heero200 hey have not seen you in like forever so came by check out new classes whats the deal with customizing on charcter creation is it broken every one looks like my twin in starter area ?
  • cosmosia1989
    So I just finished the NF-Culti on my Tec yday. 2 Weeks after creation. They really increased the speed of everything massively. Only thing to mention is the Bloods. If you use all NF-Badges you get for blood (aside from the skills) you might end up like me. I got the skill damage and crit passive maxed, got the Def passive at lv8 and the HP passive at lv4, currently sitting at Twilight Sky 8. No CS/Level-Items used at all. I ofc do UCH (only fire cause ...that dragon BS), got Sky Pirate thrice so far (40 Bloods each) and did all the dailies available. So it's not that bad. I also have the primal skill ofc.

The only thing that bumbed me out a bit is the level 103 requirement for Dawnlight Halls...that nearly ruined my day so I had to do some PV runs before I could enter. Thankfully, I was already pretty close to 103 due to quest chains and all. Oh, all vitae related quests have been done with Ancient gift on. The Login event helped a bunch! My Edgerunner will be done in roughly 4 days too, since I created him a week later due to no char slot being available. So you see it's not just a one-off. I could consistently pull any class to that level in 2 weeks basically, heck anyone can, really!

A few things to point out: Tecs will be pretty friggin OP in 1v1, their whole skill-set is made for that. No class that has a specific combo to be able to kill with 15sec or longer CD will ever be able to touch them, if they cannot kill them with random spam damage. Tecs on the other hand have plenty of physical damage to easily plow through AA classes and have pretty similar fire Combo-style ready to even nuke HA and are free to chose whichever they prefer for LA. This will only get worse with the new skills/Nerfs in the next update. They are also nearly unkillable in mass pvp if they play accordingly and are insanely powerful as AA, tho they wont be able to do much on their own in mass. Being able to spam 3x faith that breaks out of anything and literally jump 3x times in a row for a distance gain of 75m is insane. if they wanna escape, they will. I like it very much so far!

Edge is also pretty OP in that they are very tanky, also very powerful in a 1v1 due to their amount of saves and high damage + blur like skill/skill damage increase and general utility with the shield skills..that basically add a new set of genie skills. That's the theme for the 2 new classes..they have abilities that can be used just like a genie and fighting them basically means fighting double genie, only that their "genie aka shields/stacked skills for tec" is way more powerful than the original.

However, and that is what I like about them, you cant be like an average sin in terms of skill level to be effective on those classes. They at least require a modicum of skill and if you dont know when to use what..you can basically shoot yourself in the leg. That's great!
  • hypnosian123
    hypnosian123 Posts: 116 Arc User
    why is none talking about tech turret mode + 3x (glyphed) 500% base damage skill= 3x 1000%...
    why is none talking about edge transforming all the damage he receives into physical damage...
  • pasarinho
    pasarinho Posts: 22 Arc User
    why is none talking about edge transforming all the damage he receives into physical damage...

I've tested and the skill dont transform dmg taken into physical, but turn all dmg dealt into physical.
    It was probably a typo.