Its possible to play DD barb without Violent Triumph?

fury85
fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lry_wOzw2kE

Let me explain this video.

A side note. Last months, talking left and right, I had many people complains to me because Violent Triumph + Armageddon combo is too strong, same as Purify Spell on my cata barb. Barbs requires no skill to play etc etc etc… I’m a bit bored on people complains on me for everything, such as, instead of have fun, I have to prove something to the world.

After that I want to explain my point of view about DD barb gameplay.
Violent Triumph with golden glyph, add 100% critical hit and +80% damage (lv.8 glyph) to the next hit. Connect Violent Triumph to a strong skill like Armageddon or Ancestral to deal a deadly damage.
Use Paralyze to grant more chance that the combo works.

Why Violent Triumph is legit in the actual meta?
Barbarians doesn’t have any antistun and so far to have a decent lock. Also we are a melee class. Only way to do something now is to use IG/Faith and kill fast as possible.
Why is not possible to play like years ago when Barbarians was used to kill with mighty swing / occult ice, stacking Stomp, etc?
Remember that all barbs lock is on chance (60% mighty swing – 70/80% occult ice). Remember that Barbs doesn’t have purify spell or the chance to hit from range, same as no leap/jump to reach the target.
The reasons are:
1) Release of G17 weapons (almost anyone now use atleast a g17r3 with purify spell or immune to damage)
This way its easy to interrupt Barb (weak) lock and lock it back due to lack of antistun effects.
2) Class with insane CC. You will be CC’ed by a DB or a BM and be unable to do anything at all, but in general all the class improved on stuns/seals/disarm/etc.
3) Reduce the “role of tank”. Introducing many ways to deal high damage through basic def skill (Invoke and Solis Shield). Now, a DD barb is not tank enough to put pressure, because solid shield is a false hope now (easy purged / bypassed) and Invoke is hard to use while playing offensive.
That’s why Violent Triumph is legit.

To prove what I’m saying I did XNW without golden glyph on Violent Triumph.
You can see that, despite my gears and my experience (I played deity barb from a life), I struggle to kill players with alot less gears than me, and result almost impossible to kill a geared player with all the cc around / untarget proc / etc.
Roar_King
Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone

Comments

• cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    Violent Triumph isnt even the problem if just used with Arma..arma can easily be seen and avoided by Expel or AD, if you have it ready. It's getting more tricky if you have enough damage to just go with 100% paralyze, penetrate armor or Stomp and then use VT with any random skill and Oneshot ppl with that. Because seeing that coming is nearly impossible. Hence why Barbs are godlike in 1v1 now.

Now why are they so OP in mass pvp, too? Cornered Beast Faith Mode is why..because then the Barb cannot be CCed for 70 seconds (lv8 glyph) which is borderline ridiculous. During that time you can use 3 whole Arma/VT-Combos if you time it right and almost nothing can stop you from doing so.

So yeah, Barb got kinda a little bit too easy compared to how it was back in the day and yes, it was a pain to even fight purify Spell caster with a barb way back if you were unlucky but especially the combo of 100% paralyze, 80% damage increase + 100% Crit and 60+ second Faith is exactly what makes the barb really a bit too powerful atm. That is exactly why I did not gear up my barb any further, it's pointless. Even with the lower gear I never used the Faith version of Cornered beast in a 1v1 cause its just unfair. For the duration of the skill, especially if combined with Blood Rush def level glyph (argent) barbs are the tankiest class in the entire game by a ridiculous margin, even DD-built ones. It got a long CD but during the duration the barb is basically free to do whatever he wants and ppl will either die or are forced to hardcore kite away from the barb.

Also Cornered Faith is massively broken in NW. If you dig the flag and can activate cornered faith and have a charger orb rdy you are basically unstopable and I do not like seeker glitching ppl into things but on this occasion I would even recommend seeker using that because you are just countering something unstopable with something unstopable, its really the only counter you have against it. If you transposition any other class than the seeker is just a lamer.
  • whattahw#9871
    whattahw#9871 Posts: 2 Arc User
    Also Cornered Faith is massively broken in NW. If you dig the flag and can activate cornered faith and have a charger orb rdy you are basically unstopable and I do not like seeker glitching ppl into things but on this occasion I would even recommend seeker using that because you are just countering something unstopable with something unstopable, its really the only counter you have against it. If you transposition any other class than the seeker is just a lamer.
    A barb carrying a flag is very much "stoppable". Bewitch, disarm, transpo back (not into a tree) to slow them down, pt + dd. Force them to dig in IG or use faith before digging. Of course, that requires a modicum of coordination and focus on objectives. You can't have your cake and eat it.
  • cosmosia1989
    cosmosia1989 Posts: 165 Arc User
    A barb carrying a flag is very much "stoppable". Bewitch, disarm, transpo back (not into a tree) to slow them down, pt + dd. Force them to dig in IG or use faith before digging. Of course, that requires a modicum of coordination and focus on objectives. You can't have your cake and eat it.

You should remember that not everyone walks around with 2 endgame-geared Squads 24/7 in NW with all those skills even available. More often than not you even do not have a single paralyze class on the map and stopping anything with that will be hard but a barb with faith? nah. Ofc, if you have 2 Rend Archer, 2 SBs and some NP DDs and it all procs together everything just dies. If you dont, welp, the barb just runs and laughs at you, especially if the barb has a purify weapon on top of that :D
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    Violent Triumph isnt even the problem if just used with Arma..arma can easily be seen and avoided by Expel or AD, if you have it ready. It's getting more tricky if you have enough damage to just go with 100% paralyze, penetrate armor or Stomp and then use VT with any random skill and Oneshot ppl with that. Because seeing that coming is nearly impossible. Hence why Barbs are godlike in 1v1 now.

I don't like 1v1 so I don't care much about that but I usually use genie when I see VT. Sage barbs are very easy to manage, demon is less predictable. I like to gamble with debuff + demon onslaught + armageddon and then go for paralyze + VT + ancestral. Or I use VT + Stomp during stunlock. Or just spark and try to DD.
    Now why are they so OP in mass pvp, too? Cornered Beast Faith Mode is why..because then the Barb cannot be CCed for 70 seconds (lv8 glyph) which is borderline ridiculous. During that time you can use 3 whole Arma/VT-Combos if you time it right and almost nothing can stop you from doing so.

You cannot try 3 VT combos in 70 seconds because VT is 60 seconds of CD. Also doing Armageddon in mass PvP its a risk (reflect damage + the amount of people hitting you). I usually use IG to VT > Arma combo, then start Faith. This way i can use ultimate > invoke > and another VT Arma combo (btw my Faith is not lv.8) and be able to run in a safe spot before the effect of Faith is over. Often in mass PvP you can easy die if a veno Bewitch you in mid of enemies... to not forget that SB can do their damage on Faith as well.
    So yeah, Barb got kinda a little bit too easy compared to how it was back in the day and yes, it was a pain to even fight purify Spell caster with a barb way back if you were unlucky but especially the combo of 100% paralyze, 80% damage increase + 100% Crit and 60+ second Faith is exactly what makes the barb really a bit too powerful atm. That is exactly why I did not gear up my barb any further, it's pointless. Even with the lower gear I never used the Faith version of Cornered beast in a 1v1 cause its just unfair. For the duration of the skill, especially if combined with Blood Rush def level glyph (argent) barbs are the tankiest class in the entire game by a ridiculous margin, even DD-built ones. It got a long CD but during the duration the barb is basically free to do whatever he wants and ppl will either die or are forced to hardcore kite away from the barb.

Guess you are a bit out of meta. If you play for example +10 vit stone barb vs +10 vit stone (another class) its pretty same as few years ago. If you play a +12 Devil Barb vs a +12 Devil/Serenity (another class) with g17 weapons (just r3/r4) is totally different.
    In mass PvP you cannot do anything out of IG/CB. I think any range DD class is far stronger/easy to play than Barb in mass PvP except you get a squad playing for you.

That's I agree... Cornered Beast in capture the flag is pretty stupid...

Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • reso#4264
    reso#4264 Posts: 1 Arc User
    hi i just played barb again after a long time, but, my region (SEA) has different kind of PW. for example, our version of barb glyphs do not have VT glyph and blood rush glyph at all. Also, cornered beast red glyph only have 15secs of faith-like skill (instead of a 70sec on PWI). my question is, will my barb be able to do PVP with that kind of nerf? almost all important glyphs are nerfed. with 15secs faith, barb is so easy to kite. what are your thoughts?