Missing the old days

scooooter
scooooter Posts: 27 Arc User
I miss GMs and people who seem to care. Who aren't just volunteers who aren't filled in any better than players. We used to get advanced warnings for Content updates. Not just go to log in and boom major new content. Yes I know people have been talking about updates for months. I know there are people that keep up with China to know whats coming, and people have been discussing it for awhile. It just seems like we are forgotten, and the only thing cared about is if people still put in money. Just feeling a little disappointed. I also know half the people will roast me for saying this. but hey I'm aloud to voice my opinion too.

Comments

• lichtfuerst
    lichtfuerst Posts: 31 Arc User
    I expected this update to occur around easter, but I agree with you.
    This is a major update and I would have thought PWI would have advertised more for it and/or informed their players about this before it happened.
  • captriker
    captriker Posts: 14 Arc User
    or how about a heads up on patch size.. I stayed up until 4 am cause I was pretty sure pwi doesn't have patch resume. that update took hours to finish on a 50mbit connection
  • aradriel
    aradriel Posts: 73 Arc User
    You're not the only one scooter, I agree. Seems like Kalyst was the last one who really cared about us because she was a player that understood our POV.
    Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
    Not-so-perfect world'er since Jan. 2010.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    I care about the game and community.

Holding the fort but I hope we have someone soon. The lack of communication is what bothers me most, and it's a simple fix.

Thanks.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    heero200 wrote: »

Holding the fort but I hope we have someone soon. The lack of communication is what bothers me most, and it's a simple fix.

Thanks.

Simple for some.

We are talking about a company who believes a small team of 15-20 interns is enough to support 20+ games with millions of subscribers each, and where one Community Manager can manage 4-5 communities at once.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    heero200 wrote: »

Thanks.

Simple for some.

We are talking about a company who believes a small team of 15-20 interns is enough to support 20+ games with millions of subscribers each, and where one Community Manager can manage 4-5 communities at once.​​

Indeed.
  • deceitsoul
    deceitsoul Posts: 94 Community Moderator
    Going to drop a *hint* here that Neverwinter is part of the problem, you can take that with a grain of salt but it had contribute to some of the pwe games closing down. just be grateful it hasn't killed off pwi.
    --/**Ticket- Support**\----/**Rules of Conduct**\-->

----/**Administrator of Mod team**\-->
    Inquires or questions inbox here
    Or reach me in-game
    Ouln -Etherblade Server
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    deceitsoul wrote: »
    Going to drop a *hint* here that Neverwinter is part of the problem, you can take that with a grain of salt but it had contribute to some of the pwe games closing down. just be grateful it hasn't killed off pwi.

I actually do believe you, but at same time I would not be surprised if that game end up being shot down before this one. It probably won't be the case, but we never know...

Don't get me wrong, I know that Neverwinter and ST are probably way more popular than pwi now, but at same time I have the feeling that a lot of the cashers that still play pwi are more loyal than most of the ones playing other pwe games. So while pwi gives them way less money than in the past, is also constant and probably guaranteed money for them.
    It is very sad in a way. 'cause this was the game that started it all, and that same game has been neglected and damaged so much that is almost unrecognizable.

The irony is that at some point some of my friends were told by former pwi gms to migrate to some of their other games when they were asking for tech support. Games like Swordsman, JD, etc. All those games ended up being shot down.

To be fair I guess it is kind of a trend for mmo publishers to try to milk their costumers as much as they can with almost no support and investment, completly ignoring the long term and always going for cashing as fast as they can.

Other publishers from games I play are making the same mistakes as pwe now: Trying to publish more titles than what they can handle, this while neglecting their flagship games. The result is pretty much the same as what we see on pwe games: Lots of shot downs and their flag ship titles losing players due poor management and greed.
    Hope the game survive more time for the people that still enjoy it.
  • scooooter
    scooooter Posts: 27 Arc User
    heero200 I appreciate everything you do ty for it all