Cannot login after the Update

tabaloul
tabaloul Posts: 159 Arc User
Anyone else got this problem? I updated just fine and the game seems to run as well..until I click select on the Server-select menu and it starts to login. 3 seconds and the client is frozen aka dead. Nothing goes anymore but to kill it in taskmanager. Let it run for 10 minutes as well, nothing. Am I the only one?

Comments

• madonna89
    madonna89 Posts: 40 Arc User
    your not the only one - friend of mine got the same problem (client freezing)
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    From what I've read in the patch notes, you may want to try updating your DirectX as this may cause issues with logging in. If you're running a 64-bit operating system you might also want to check if you're running the 32-bit client or the 64-bit client, and try swapping between the two.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • madonna89
    madonna89 Posts: 40 Arc User
    how to swap the clients though? - couldnt find any setting
  • tabaloul
    edited May 2019
    I have updated DX9, even renamed and switched all 64-ddls and the clients and interchanged them, doesnt matter, the issue persists :(

Currently redownloading..and accidentially already redownloaded in the wrong language..jesus..its just 16 GB..but the downloadable version is 500-ish..the new one 1100-ish..man ._.
  • tabaloul
    Found out what it was. FFS. PWI doesnt like my Vega56/64 or Radeon VII at all. With the internal Graphics Unit of my CPU it works perfectly. Welp..
  • mysticblue#1834
    mysticblue#1834 Posts: 92 Arc User
    tabaloul wrote: »
    Found out what it was. FFS. PWI doesnt like my Vega56/64 or Radeon VII at all. With the internal Graphics Unit of my CPU it works perfectly. Welp..

I don't if it's the same issue but it seems PWI doesn't run well on laptops.(I know mmos are meant to be played on PCs).

It always has to use the display card instead of the rendering device.(It's Nvidia Geforce 950 Gtx I think..)

I used to have occasional screen blackouts previously (which strangely don't occur anymore on the laptop)

I wish the launcher would just detect the actual graphics card 🙄 but well it never does..(I have tried all sort of things but nah..)

• polokido
    polokido Posts: 1 Arc User

Well I'm screwed, I'm running a V56 with no iGPU
  • reaperarm1
    reaperarm1 Posts: 90 Arc User
    polokido wrote: »

Well that makes 3 of us. I'm running a vega 56 as well and no iGPU. And with no support I doubt we see a fix any time soon if at all.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    reaperarm1 wrote: »

Well that makes 3 of us. I'm running a vega 56 as well and no iGPU. And with no support I doubt we see a fix any time soon if at all.

This is why I don't buy AMD/ATI anymore. (Plus Intel just handles a lot more workload at once.)​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • shadydawg
    shadydawg Posts: 93 Arc User

i see so since am using the ryzen 3 2200g built in vega 8 graphics is the cost of my problem then.. I dont have decicated gpu.. Did not bother to buy one since i was told pwi barely uses or even hardly uses the gpu...by dang..
  • reaperarm1
    reaperarm1 Posts: 90 Arc User

This is why I don't buy AMD/ATI anymore. (Plus Intel just handles a lot more workload at once.)​​

What does intel handling more work load have to do with a graphics card issue all of us are having? Intel makes processors not graphics cards, although they are coming into that market soon.(and btw in multi threaded tasks ie. heavy workloads ryzen outperforms intel.)