[MAINT] SERVER MAINTENANCE 05/14/19 (Complete)

heerohex#3018
heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
edited May 2019 in Official Announcements
Please Feel Free to Update If needs Be. Please note this is not the Official Info and as such you should keep checking for updates. This post should only be used as a reminder for standard Maint Times and info.
Server Status Provided By @nrglg (Reload Page To Update)
If there is maintenance tonight expect it to be the usual time unless any updates, from 11pm to 2am PDT.

Edit For Patch Notes Link Here. Or Assume for just a Server Restart / Minor Updates.
Maintenance is expected to last approximately 4 hours, so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
*Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.
This week's question.

This week im after feedback on the Forums. Any Ideas to make things Better, Easier or anything that I can do to improve your Experience on here?

Please just remember my limits as a Community Mod.
( I will not reply to any unsuited comments so please remember the forum rules )

Thanks.​​
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• rokubiii
    rokubiii Posts: 5 Arc User
    Free 10* code, that lets us spam it. that would help after that terrible log in reward issue we just had. or free 100 event gold per toon on same account :D just idea's that would help since im sure we lost 100+ players after last week
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Personally for me I think that some sections of forums could be cleaned up. I don't browse too many parts of the forums but I feel the Dungeons & Tactics section has too many stickies and announcements. There's a few guides on there for things that aren't around in the game anymore or are outdated, for example Jungle Ruins and Attendance Rewards from 2015.

Can't really think of other feedback that doesn't require some work on the backend from Arc itself. In particular I'm thinking about newer users necroing threads or being off-topic on posts because they can't make their own topics and don't want to wait a few days. I know the system's in place to prevent spam accounts but it can be frustrating to those who have had their accounts for years but never visited the forums.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    obielle wrote: »
    Personally for me I think that some sections of forums could be cleaned up. I don't browse too many parts of the forums but I feel the Dungeons & Tactics section has too many stickies and announcements. There's a few guides on there for things that aren't around in the game anymore or are outdated, for example Jungle Ruins and Attendance Rewards from 2015.

Can't really think of other feedback that doesn't require some work on the backend from Arc itself. In particular I'm thinking about newer users necroing threads or being off-topic on posts because they can't make their own topics and don't want to wait a few days. I know the system's in place to prevent spam accounts but it can be frustrating to those who have had their accounts for years but never visited the forums.

That was on my to-do list like 2 years ago, and I never got around to it.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heerohex#3018
    rokubiii wrote: »
    Free 10* code, that lets us spam it. that would help after that terrible log in reward issue we just had. or free 100 event gold per toon on same account :D just idea's that would help since im sure we lost 100+ players after last week

Sorry this is not forum related and out of my area.
    obielle wrote: »

O Dear, yes that's something that can be looked at.

I've noticed as well pwi seams separated from the other forums. For instance it shows a different post count on here to FW for me. That prob won't be helping.

Thanks.
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Talk to GMs and pester them to update on what the actual **** they are doing. Are they even working on translating/localizing the patches from China? This radio silence is pure cancer for this game. Even long time loyalists like myself are starting to get really antsy about the lack of communication from PWI. I don't care if its a hastily written, 2-sentence explanation from a GM saying 'yeah we are working on it, delayed, 1-2 months ETA if all goes well'. But if they won't say anything... you know what everybody is thinking now mate, 'they simply aren't working on translating/localizing the patches anymore and this game truly is gonna die now without fresh content coming in like it always has, which is the only reason this game has lasted as long as it has'.

Talk to GMS. Make em say something.

Pester them.

Talk to the GMS. Get em to come say something. There's no honest to god good reason for them not to say something... it would literally takes less than a minute---unless the reason they won't talk is because they aren't doing sht and they are truly milking this game for the last few drops before people clue in.
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    heero200 wrote: »
    I've noticed as well pwi seams separated from the other forums. For instance it shows a different post count on here to FW for me. That prob won't be helping.

Thanks.
    Yeah, it used to be all one big happy forum. Unfortunately, they skimped on the plan, and the traffic was too much for Vanilla to handle. So they ended up having to split them all off into their own sub-domains. Accounts are somewhat cross-linked between them, but for the most part they are fully separate forums now.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sharkky#8608
    sharkky#8608 Posts: 24 Arc User
    csquared5 wrote: »
    Talk to GMs and pester them to update on what the actual **** they are doing. Are they even working on translating/localizing the patches from China? This radio silence is pure cancer for this game. Even long time loyalists like myself are starting to get really antsy about the lack of communication from PWI. I don't care if its a hastily written, 2-sentence explanation from a GM saying 'yeah we are working on it, delayed, 1-2 months ETA if all goes well'. But if they won't say anything... you know what everybody is thinking now mate, 'they simply aren't working on translating/localizing the patches anymore and this game truly is gonna die now without fresh content coming in like it always has, which is the only reason this game has lasted as long as it has'.

Pester them.

Talk to the GMS. Get em to come say something. There's no honest to god good reason for them not to say something... it would literally takes less than a minute---unless the reason they won't talk is because they aren't doing sht and they are truly milking this game for the last few drops before people clue in.

I absolutely agree. I am a long time player and with classes being overpowered expansion by expansion, system issues, graphical whatever, and the mis balance in pvp..... i pretty much stay because of the content that is continually release basically on schedule (which is fun). However, with the recent server issues and lack of communication between us and perfect world I'm not sure how the player base is going to take that.
    Im also not sure pestering is going to work LoL. They clean it up with brushing it off like it is nothing, however, it is 100% everything. I would also be happy with a 'we ran into a slight set back and we are looking at an ETA of about 1.5 months if everything else continues smooth, thank you for inquiring and rest assured it is being worked on' that would be a perfect response however lack of communication is a little unsettling for me.
  • heerohex#3018

Pester them.

Pester them.

I absolutely agree. I am a long time player and with classes being overpowered expansion by expansion, system issues, graphical whatever, and the mis balance in pvp..... i pretty much stay because of the content that is continually release basically on schedule (which is fun). However, with the recent server issues and lack of communication between us and perfect world I'm not sure how the player base is going to take that.
    Im also not sure pestering is going to work LoL. They clean it up with brushing it off like it is nothing, however, it is 100% everything. I would also be happy with a 'we ran into a slight set back and we are looking at an ETA of about 1.5 months if everything else continues smooth, thank you for inquiring and rest assured it is being worked on' that would be a perfect response however lack of communication is a little unsettling for me.

I agree, I'll be passing this feedback on so may be.

As for the expansion I'll see if I can get any info on this.

Thanks.
  • heerohex#3018
    heero200 wrote: »

Thanks.
    Yeah, it used to be all one big happy forum. Unfortunately, they skimped on the plan, and the traffic was too much for Vanilla to handle. So they ended up having to split them all off into their own sub-domains. Accounts are somewhat cross-linked between them, but for the most part they are fully separate forums now.​​

Makes odds, welcome bk as well.

I dont feel so lonely now.. Hahaha.
  • mysticblue#1834
    mysticblue#1834 Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    The patch should come really soon or so I thought..

Last week they got database updated with G17 info plus technician and edgerunner additions too

Though their equipment is not yet mentioned probably since they have not arrived yet..
  • heerohex#3018
    edited May 2019
    The patch should come really soon or so I thought..

Last week they got database updated with G17 info plus technician and edgerunner additions too

Though their equipment is not yet mentioned probably since they have not arrived yet..

Intresting, also don't forget this weeks question.

This week im after feedback on the Forums. Any Ideas to make things Better, Easier or anything that I can do to improve your Experience on here?

Please just remember my limits as a Community Mod.
    ( I will not reply to any unsuited comments so please remember the forum rules )

Thanks.
  • fededomino
    fededomino Posts: 243 Arc User
    how about we get 1 FREE Refine Orb +12 or Refine Orb +11( Bound) ofc . i have no excuse of why lol , but once up on time , i think it will bring happyness to all player , and why not make player happy , instead of punish us with spanking, and by the way why do Developers not look on Cave of Wraithgate as inspiration for future instance and combine it with Indiana Jones fantasy Environment , bring us back to stoneage , im not a fan of DFSP or JFSP , but make Instance playable for for all Level 100 + and TT 99 gear , as more we are as easier it is to make squad and as more relaxed we will be , but anyway as more and better player is rewarded as longer ther play /stay , i dont think PWI will will be Ruined by rewarded their player from time to time .
    happy day and time to officer workers / Staff
    rock and roll ;)
  • fededomino
    fededomino Posts: 243 Arc User
    this is another way to do player happy , in my real life town all shops 1 time a year sell great stuff there normaly is expensive they sell it to 7-9-13 coins, ( in dollar it will be 91 if thingy cost 13 cion) , but can only buy 1 thing at each price , we can`t buy bulk of it , but only 1 thing of each price , mabye this can be an idea for PWI B)
  • berryberry1234
    berryberry1234 Posts: 22 Arc User
    Comments like above don't seem to be any answer to the asked question. How PWI is rewarding/punishing players is out of Hero's control. Don't shoot the messenger.

I think you're doing a great job Hero, I respect you for the effort you take in communicating with us, even though PWE doesn't communicate that well anymore.

I'm not one who browses much through forums, so I can't give you any feedback on that. But please do keep doing what you're doing right now!

Cheers
  • heerohex#3018
    fededomino wrote: »
    how about we get 1 FREE Refine Orb +12 or Refine Orb +11( Bound) ofc . i have no excuse of why lol , but once up on time , i think it will bring happyness to all player , and why not make player happy , instead of punish us with spanking, and by the way why do Developers not look on Cave of Wraithgate as inspiration for future instance and combine it with Indiana Jones fantasy Environment , bring us back to stoneage , im not a fan of DFSP or JFSP , but make Instance playable for for all Level 100 + and TT 99 gear , as more we are as easier it is to make squad and as more relaxed we will be , but anyway as more and better player is rewarded as longer ther play /stay , i dont think PWI will will be Ruined by rewarded their player from time to time .
    happy day and time to officer workers / Staff
    rock and roll ;)
    fededomino wrote: »
    this is another way to do player happy , in my real life town all shops 1 time a year sell great stuff there normaly is expensive they sell it to 7-9-13 coins, ( in dollar it will be 91 if thingy cost 13 cion) , but can only buy 1 thing at each price , we can`t buy bulk of it , but only 1 thing of each price , mabye this can be an idea for PWI B)

Sorry, these are out of my area of control. Agreed a little something now and then as a treat...
    Comments like above don't seem to be any answer to the asked question. How PWI is rewarding/punishing players is out of Hero's control. Don't shoot the messenger.

I think you're doing a great job Hero, I respect you for the effort you take in communicating with us, even though PWE doesn't communicate that well anymore.

I'm not one who browses much through forums, so I can't give you any feedback on that. But please do keep doing what you're doing right now!

Cheers

Thank you, again I will say thanks to the community for your help as things are.

It's feedback as well that what I'm doing works, so thank-you and I'll try.

Thanks.
  • heerohex#3018
    Servers up, opening the flood gates.

Please keep any comments coming in. I'll check them all still.

Thanks.
  • ghostryder76#5279
    ghostryder76#5279 Posts: 47 Arc User
    Heero/Sylen IMO I think the whole board should be scratched and started new. Most of the peeps in game are older players who, like myself, get bored and create new chars. This is evident by ...you used to be able to find anything you wanted/needed in game? Now, with the same players on, people already have what they need for the most part. It's so hard to sell and so hard to buy what you are looking for making me believe there is no new player base. With that said, most the people know the answers to a lot of what the forums were originally meant to help with. If not, there are the older players that can give advice for new people that happen to pop in. This way the forums can get a restart and of course, they can post here if they cannot get help form others. Modifications definitely need to be made/combined as far as subjects in the forums are concerned to make it easier to navigate some things. It may be easier to just start over, if that's a possibility? That's just what I think.
  • sharkky#8608
    sharkky#8608 Posts: 24 Arc User
    ghostryder wrote: »
    Heero/Sylen IMO I think the whole board should be scratched and started new. Most of the peeps in game are older players who, like myself, get bored and create new chars. This is evident by ...you used to be able to find anything you wanted/needed in game? Now, with the same players on, people already have what they need for the most part. It's so hard to sell and so hard to buy what you are looking for making me believe there is no new player base. With that said, most the people know the answers to a lot of what the forums were originally meant to help with. If not, there are the older players that can give advice for new people that happen to pop in. This way the forums can get a restart and of course, they can post here if they cannot get help form others. Modifications definitely need to be made/combined as far as subjects in the forums are concerned to make it easier to navigate some things. It may be easier to just start over, if that's a possibility? That's just what I think.

I do not think that this is 100% accurate. I run a all level faction and we do have a significant number of newer and returning players. These players actually appreciate the older posts. Primarily I have heard them using the older posts of classes, that being the area of forums where we have talked about our specific classes.
    They have mentioned this, not only is it good for their benefit of seeing the older players figure the classes out (which is good for them to read the journey), but this is also our history. our adventures and escapades in perfect world, figuring stuff out, and general communication outside of game (forums) is a basic large book of our history and it would actually be sad to see years of history tossed into the dump. Not to mention the work of the Mods that went into those forums. I actually dont see this as an issue. If anything maybe an archived sectioned can be created where older irrelevant posts can be placed.... where they can still be viewed, just not replied on and placed in an archived section of the forums.