Looking for a helping hand!

Hello everyone!
As a new player the game is pretty challenging. So far I managed to grow my char to level 50, but until now I had lots of quests that required to kill powerful monsters, most of quests I throwed them away, but now for example I have a quest that say, that give me some piece of gear, that under water monster I can't kill.
Than I have another big mob to kill for some special title quest, and quests that require killing of powerful monsters keep appear and I really need some high level, english speaking guy to be my mentor in my journey :smile:

I have a archer, because i love archers and range combat, and already struggle with the arrows, because 1k arrows "fly" so fast, and another stack of 1k are 11k gold :lol: but hopefully i'll manage it, all I need is a helpful hand with powerful monsters.

I made my own faction because I heard that give some special storage, and I needed some space to store all things that I dont use right away, but the game took those 200k gold and showed me the middle finger :lol::lol:

I play on Dawnglory server, if there is anyone interested into helping me, reply here, send me a private message here... i'll try to check it often.

Thank you for reading!

Comments

• psybob
    psybob Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Not playing on Dawnglory but you could do this:
    1. put an alt in your faction
    2. your archer needs to leave your faction
    3. join a faction (press G) that can help you with getting a better level, better armor, better weapon etc.
    4. once you are 'ready' choose to stick with your friends or leave it all behind and join your own faction again.
    I've seen people doing this all the time. Sometimes they got kicked so they had to try other factions just to get some profit. Dislike that faction-hopping but anyone is free to do whatever they want in PWI. If you have a level 3 faction and want to 'delete' it just make a new character, give that one the leadership and delete the character.

edit: you could also ask for help using a teleacoustic or walk around in Archosaur to poke all the afk people lol. In Archosaur Just ask in normal chat if you need help and don't have tele's.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Sorry I dont play on Da server either, I do pop on every now and then however.

The above is good advise However.
    psybob wrote: »
    Not playing on Dawnglory but you could do this:
    1. put an alt in your faction
    2. your archer needs to leave your faction
    3. join a faction (press G) that can help you with getting a better level, better armor, better weapon etc.
    4. once you are 'ready' choose to stick with your friends or leave it all behind and join your own faction again.
    I've seen people doing this all the time. Sometimes they got kicked so they had to try other factions just to get some profit. Dislike that faction-hopping but anyone is free to do whatever they want in PWI. If you have a level 3 faction and want to 'delete' it just make a new character, give that one the leadership and delete the character.

edit: you could also ask for help using a teleacoustic or walk around in Archosaur to poke all the afk people lol. In Archosaur Just ask in normal chat if you need help and don't have tele's.

Thanks.​​
  • themisteriousguy
    themisteriousguy Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Hi @psybob and @heero200 thank you both for taking your time to reply to my topic.
    My first char was some old Mystic, I had it at lv 8 and when I started to play the game again, I continued with her, and finally joined some faction, but over there only a few are online and most of time AFK, so from there is no help, I asked, no replies.
    I used some telecoustics to ask on world chat and aswell no one cared, and I got fully ignored. Never tried tho to go in Archosaur and start spamming normal chat.

Regarded to other factions, all I see in chat are guilds that are looking for specific kind of players and most of them only for high level and powerful players.

Regarded to the faction, is there any way to make that reputation or however is called (i forgot) besides completing those dungeons with your faction members? Because if not ... its pointless to hold my level 1 faction, because alone i'll never be able to make those reps. So ill say goodbye to the coins and probably delete it :( now i really regret making it, all those coins lost, better use of them was for my arrows!
    I was thinking about crafting arrows, but really need waaaaay to make material farm to make them :(
  • aradriel
    aradriel Posts: 73 Arc User
    Regarded to the faction, is there any way to make that reputation or however is called (i forgot) besides completing those dungeons with your faction members? Because if not ... its pointless to hold my level 1 faction, because alone i'll never be able to make those reps. So ill say goodbye to the coins and probably delete it :( now i really regret making it, all those coins lost, better use of them was for my arrows!

Hey there @themisteriousguy - regarding your faction question, there's a fairly sizeable loyalty point cost to opening your faction safe with the current base system - I'm assuming that's the storage you're referencing. It's definitely going to be impossible to attain that loyalty point requirement on your own with your current character level. As you said, this "currency" requires faction members to run instances together (flowsilver palace and other lv100+ instances). So you could pass the faction to an alt as recommended above to hold onto for now, but I'd ditch the idea of extra storage for the time being and join a faction that will help you grow and build your character.
    Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
    Not-so-perfect world'er since Jan. 2010.
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    I made my own faction because I heard that give some special storage, and I needed some space to store all things that I dont use right away, but the game took those 200k gold and showed me the middle finger :lol::lol:

You can use your alts to store all things that you don't use right away.

These items can be stored in the inventory of the alts or inside their mailboxes.

So, if you see that some item is not necessary for you right now, then you can send it to any of your own alts, even if those character is not online.
  • indeterminate
    indeterminate Posts: 22 Arc User
    There are a few guilds on Da that take lower level players, but they don't tend to recruit in wc. Off the top of my head I can only think of Drako. You might try keeping an eye on wc for people running lower bhs, and pming them to see if they are in or know such a guild.
  • themisteriousguy
    Now that I read all these messages now im between 2 things.
    1. I dont know exactly how big is that faction storage, and if can be expanded.
    2. I don't know exactly how easy or from what level the coins are made faster from farming / questing / killing monsters.

Because if the coins are easy to make, I can always buy inventory expansions and storage expansion, I know that is possible to make bag 64 slots if im not wrong, and personal storage 16 or 32, i really forgot .. I looked only once in shop, when i started again to play the game.
    if coins are made easy, the faction have no purpouse for me, because im not looking to make some new populated guild, I always prefer to be in some nice and friendly guild.

Im not looking for gold, items and stuff like this from high levels, all I want and need is help with powerful monsters. Probably those high level players / factions dont interfere with lowbies because they are afraid that we will ask them for items or coins.

@magicsabre i thought about that, but you can only send one item in mail at a time and costs like 500 coins, im already low on coins and cant afford to lose many just to send mats or other things. :)
  • warrencliff
    warrencliff Posts: 6 Arc User
    For you information Ethos faction recruits all levels but has no base although some high lvl players. If you pm slicedham after leaving your own faction he will invite you. nromal about 1100-1300 server time or evenings 2000 to 2200. being in a faction with higher level players is your best way for help and advice. good luck.
  • themisteriousguy
    edited April 2019
    As soon the 7d period expire and I can join my faction with other char, i'll leave with the archer and AGAIN after those 7days i'll pm him or even mail him just to let him know. Most of time i'm online at 13;00 - 16:00 GMT +3 each day, or somedays even later at night.. but if you say that Ethos recruit noobs like me, ill apply.
    Because is very hard to find help, and powerful quests appear non stop.
    I had a quest to do, and I avoided to make cuz I was too weak, yesterday i've found help and when i wanted to give the quest said that im too big to complete that quest :(
  • mysticblue#1834
    mysticblue#1834 Posts: 92 Arc User
    Because is very hard to find help, and powerful quests appear non stop.
    I had a quest to do, and I avoided to make cuz I was too weak, yesterday i've found help and when i wanted to give the quest said that im too big to complete that quest :(

Oh boy that's sad
  • kefal
    kefal Posts: 31 Arc User
    Fine the leader of ethos is smart_**** if I'm not around.