2 Classes Added in PWCN: Technician and Edgerunner

12346»

Comments

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    We didnt even get the latest update with the new TT-Modes yet so don't hold your breath. It's good tho, enough time to prepare..both classes to 105, full nuema alone is 13k luck coins xD and then the MoGs and GST and refine..oh boy.

Also, ppl shouldnt be too excited, we still have no info about real PvP with both classes but from what I have read they won't have skills that are 100% accu...so Paladin as an HA class might be frustrating af vs sins/db just because of this even if you go 300 dex, which you might be able to due to debuffs.

Same goes for the gunner...archer miss quite a bit too..i wish they would just get rid of that BS mechanic and just nerf damage accordingly and remove accu/eva.
  • kodumai
    kodumai Posts: 5 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Also, ppl shouldnt be too excited, we still have no info about real PvP with both classes but from what I have read they won't have skills that are 100% accu...so Paladin as an HA class might be frustrating af vs sins/db just because of this even if you go 300 dex, which you might be able to due to debuffs.

Paladin can convert their damage into magical skill. They have the option to choose from any one of the 5elements at a time. They doesn't have to worry about evasion as long as they hit with magical skills.
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    kodumai wrote: »

Paladin can convert their damage into magical skill. They have the option to choose from any one of the 5elements at a time. They doesn't have to worry about evasion as long as they hit with magical skills.

Have you actually tested this? Some physical class elemental skills, like seekers I was told, wont miss while other, say archers for example, can miss. I been legit too busy to actually put time and energy into testing if paladins miss or not with elemental skills. I`ll try to put some time aside this/next week to test that if nobody else has done so yet.
  • kodumai
    kodumai Posts: 5 Arc User
    datsang wrote: »
    kodumai wrote: »

Have you actually tested this? Some physical class elemental skills, like seekers I was told, wont miss while other, say archers for example, can miss. I been legit too busy to actually put time and energy into testing if paladins miss or not with elemental skills. I`ll try to put some time aside this/next week to test that if nobody else has done so yet.

No, I haven't tested but, that is how it is supposed to work. Archer can miss because it is a Dex based toon and have accuracy at peak. Can't expect the same from a HA toon. It would be great, if you could test and give your feedback.

Everyone are curious to know more about the new classes.
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    If Paladins cannot miss if they use their magic convert...oh boi..that would be a little too over the top with no balance for it seeing as their basic r9 weap has GoF already. Then again, any class can have double damage procs now..which is exactly why accuracy and evasion are mute points and only serve to frustrate ppl these days xD
  • fireemblem4
    fireemblem4 Posts: 1 Arc User
    I asked a streamer to test attacking an NPC while he was live and Paladin does not miss while using elemental buffs
  • barbarossa#7822
    barbarossa#7822 Posts: 18 Arc User
    I'm wondering if enough time has passed for PWCN players to level, grind, cash, whatever to get these new classes to their endgame state. Quite curious how accurate the predictions in this thread turn out to be.
  • red#4565
    red#4565 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    About Gunner... This will be Broken:

Ψ Free Spirit

Mana 209
    Cast Instant
    Cooldown 20.0 seconds
    Weapon Firearms, Unarmed

Immediately remove all controlling skills on you, including paralyze, disarm and seal effects and become immune to all negative effects for 2 second afterwards.

Can be used even when unable to take any other actions.

Sanguine: Reduces incoming damage by 50/60/70/80% for 5 seconds.
    Ethereal: Reduces cooldown to 16/14/12/10 seconds.
    Verdant: Recovers 40/60/80/100 Chi.
    Golden: Increases faith effect duration to 3/4/5/6 seconds.
    Argent: Can store a maximum of 3 charges of this skill with a recharge time of 18/17/16/15 seconds per charge.

Each 12 seconds the Gunner will be dissiped with Ethereal glyph lvl 8 (i think that everybody will use this glyph)
  • uchijawar
    uchijawar Posts: 59 Arc User
    red#4565 wrote: »
    About Gunner... This will be Broken:

Ψ Free Spirit

Mana 209
    Cast Instant
    Cooldown 20.0 seconds
    Weapon Firearms, Unarmed

Immediately remove all controlling skills on you, including paralyze, disarm and seal effects and become immune to all negative effects for 2 second afterwards.

Can be used even when unable to take any other actions.

Sanguine: Reduces incoming damage by 50/60/70/80% for 5 seconds.
    Ethereal: Reduces cooldown to 16/14/12/10 seconds.
    Verdant: Recovers 40/60/80/100 Chi.
    Golden: Increases faith effect duration to 3/4/5/6 seconds.
    Argent: Can store a maximum of 3 charges of this skill with a recharge time of 18/17/16/15 seconds per charge.

Each 12 seconds the Gunner will be dissiped with Ethereal glyph lvl 8 (i think that everybody will use this glyph)

Yes totally that will bring a bit of balance to game with auto faith
    But most important is pwi hasn't said nothing about new classes which worries me a bit because makes me think pwi won't launch during the next month if we have chance

• madonna89
    madonna89 Posts: 40 Arc User
    death of db - birth of paladin - and thus the neverending cycle continues :)
  • red#4565
    red#4565 Posts: 66 Arc User
    uchijawar wrote: »
    Yes totally that will bring a bit of balance to game with auto faith
    But most important is pwi hasn't said nothing about new classes which worries me a bit because makes me think pwi won't launch during the next month if we have chance

PW from Brasil at least, Level Up talk to us about how is going the translations about the new patches and a possible date to release the new expansion, through the Facebook or official site. It's a little strange PWI doesn't say anything to you.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User

I'd rather have the argent version that gives you 3 uses in a row. It's such a strong skill I doubt you'd ever need to use it 3 times very often especially when you can defend yourself with aoe freeze traps and triple 30m leaps.

The new classes are a bit past due. The previous update took 4 and a half months to reach us and the new classes were added to PWCN 5 months ago.

​​
  • uchijawar
    edited April 2019
    asterelle wrote: »

I'd rather have the argent version that gives you 3 uses in a row. It's such a strong skill I doubt you'd ever need to use it 3 times very often especially when you can defend yourself with aoe freeze traps and triple 30m leaps.

The new classes are a bit past due. The previous update took 4 and a half months to reach us and the new classes were added to PWCN 5 months ago.

​​

Yes kinda pro glyph that will be fun can't wait to see a good tank finally besides barb

And asterelle we have not seen news of updates no even maintenance patch's pwi forget our died comunity

• omnicyborg
    omnicyborg Posts: 5 Arc User
    So about the new expansion with these two new classes, they wil too upgrade the visual of the game, like they did in Star Trek Online a couple years ago? i asking this because when STO upgrade the graphics, i could not play more the game...
  • hypnosian123
    hypnosian123 Posts: 116 Arc User

​​

yup that 3 anti para-faith and 3 leaps
    that is broken xD
  • uchijawar
    edited April 2019

​​

yup that 3 anti para-faith and 3 leaps
    that is broken xD

Remember what happened with dbs they got nerfed with the time and in the balance skills they will be nurfed even more than previous patchs

Also is good that we have extra tank with things like that at barb is king class overall is and will always be barb so extra like that class is good
  • hypnosian123
    hypnosian123 Posts: 116 Arc User
    only thing gunner lacks it's CC, which seen the current defense charms meta and seen his full DD role will make him kinda dull...
    what's the point of having a full on DD class without any feature to deny def charms...
  • zx81#2778
    zx81#2778 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    only thing gunner lacks it's CC, which seen the current defense charms meta and seen his full DD role will make him kinda dull...
    what's the point of having a full on DD class without any feature to deny def charms...

I would say: "who gives a" Classes aren't here yet so no need to talk about how to use them. The only thing we know for sure at the moment is that we need to spend some money lol. Personally I hope the archers would get a voice now since there's no need to have a "voice in stealth". Not seeing a lot of archers lately but maybe that's about to change with the big update everyone is expecting.
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • vin24
    vin24 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Archer still weakest but cn pw think archer are overpower and sin are weak..... Here sin strongest and archer weakest....
  • berryberry1234
    berryberry1234 Posts: 22 Arc User
    Is there any up to dat video footage available of the new classes? I don't speak chinise or mandarin so the chinese youtube doesn't get me very far...
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    Is there any up to dat video footage available of the new classes? I don't speak chinise or mandarin so the chinese youtube doesn't get me very far...

My YT channel has bout 3h of early gameplay footage of the new classes, I kinda lost interest and while I intended to do more content regarding them that just didnt happen. And with how close the patch has to be by now, going back to CN to get more content feels bit silly.

I actually put all the videos from this patch into a new playlist, which you can find here:
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Interesting that in the PWRU update announcement the new classes have official names "Стрелок" and "Паладин". Паладин is just the letter by letter Russian spelling of "paladin" while Стрелок translates as "shooter / gunner".

So is this a coincidence? As far as I know this thread predates anything in the PWCN, PWRU, or PWBR forums so I'm wondering if I influenced the names there... I thought I really misjudged picking "Paladin" since at the time there was only a partial skill list and thought they might have heals and buffs (being an elf race). If I had dug a bit more into the Chinese names I might have gone with "Knight" and "Engineer" as being more accurate.
    ​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Interesting that in the PWRU update announcement the new classes have official names "Стрелок" and "Паладин". Паладин is just the letter by letter Russian spelling of "paladin" while Стрелок translates as "shooter / gunner".

So is this a coincidence? As far as I know this thread predates anything in the PWCN, PWRU, or PWBR forums so I'm wondering if I influenced the names there... I thought I really misjudged picking "Paladin" since at the time there was only a partial skill list and thought they might have heals and buffs (being an elf race). If I had dug a bit more into the Chinese names I might have gone with "Knight" and "Engineer" as being more accurate.
    ​​

O Dear... Lol.

Sounds good to me.
  • maeree
    maeree Posts: 33 Arc User

​​

If I correctly understand they has chosen it by its equipment. Since they consider "new equipment" as "ancient Chinese fire lance", new class was named as Gunner (or more correctly with chosen word "Shooter").

With paladin.. I think it's wrong choice and as you said "Knight" is best suited option.

Well, we've here some weird and not accurate names too like - human Blademaster xD