Viable F2P methods of acquiring R9 gear(as of present version)

Well as the title says if any people who have employed tactics to have made enough for acquiring the money for the gear..
It could be anything(I mean most people are aware about the names for instance someone has multi alts to farm stuff,while someone uses HS on the other hand maybe someone is good at merchanting)
What I would like is to know your experiences as to how you were able to acquire it and how long it took so that I could have an idea with respect to this.(pretty sure a lot of other people would like to know too)

As for me I started my R9 grind somewhere around last year since the R9 weapon was not an easy option for me I went with WS Cost of Glory(seeker)
Thereafter I was able to utilise the pill codes to my advantage by buying a ton of G15 gears from sellers and grinding Ws to convert it to G16 and sell it back(I know sounds very impractical but I have like 25 pieces lying in safes and alts with about 6-7 capes/helms)
Also a certain friend of mine left so he gave away an Emperor and Woa(which I haven't sold since they too have further motivated me to pursue grinding for R9 from a PVP viewpoint)
I have only a single G16 seeker main.
So yeah if you guys did it do share your experiences..

Comments

• nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    As a seeker there’s a couple of ways to do so but they nearly aren’t as profitable as they once were R9 on a farming stand point is near impossible now...
    Gold has been inflated from the constant nuema Portal promos which, if your end game goal is pvp, will never happen sadly, due to the fact that your are struggling with farming R9 already.
    R9 isn’t even half the battle anymore endgame shards seeeker wise would be 1bill each armor piece. You then have to worry about refines on said pieces.

Now that being said if you still wish to focus on that goal there are one of 2 ways to do so as by this point the farming method of lunar during 2x for essence of defense which is was the go to method for seeker farming is exhausted barely making 1mill a run now.

The 2 options left for farming are...
    Homestead farms: making 10-20 homesteads for the purpose of farming full profaned woods this would yield 45-50mill per 5 days per alt but, would require an Initial investment of roughly 200mill per toon, this depends on the people which already have the high prosperity items to sell for sometimes ridiculous prices. This would take you about 2-3 months to set up as well as you would need to achieve not only 35k rep but, also need to level homesteads which again would require more investments to achieve sky lvl requirements and then some.

Now 2nd option is entirely based on sales and this is the marketing option. Now I can’t give out specifics on this but it’s relatively simple...
    when items such as fortune keys come on sale buy low and sell high common logic if you make 100k profit per key and sell 3k keys you’re making 300mill profit. However this market is extremely saturated as well and players are sitting on tens of billions of coins and do this method to make upwards of 10bill each fortune key sale...

All I can say to you if you are willing to still pursue something like this you need an initial investment to do anything in game...

Now as far as my own personal advice to you if your goal is pvp turn right back around and try rolling a private server. Not to difficult to find just google pw pserver or something and you should find a list of active servers... PvP is much more active as well as the community if you ask me...
    The main issue this game is facing at the moment is near nothing is farmable at the moment due to the intense amount of inflation by players. That and there is no communication by the dev team anymore, no patch notes, new updates dropping with little to no notice etc...

Best of luck to you if you try to continue your way into madness now... As a player of 10 years I’m only still in it due to the players and time investment....
    Near everything I have has been farmed in one way or another or won off of a pack, which is not a viable option by the way...

Now if you are to continue theres a couple pointers.
    PvP is a numbers game now

I’d strongly recommend rolling a sin as they can still one shot people with proper cards G16 and an R9 weapon

• bananaphone#0878
    bananaphone#0878 Posts: 12 Arc User
    ^One shot who? another G16 character? lol.
  • heroskippy
    heroskippy Posts: 8 Arc User
    If you need coins to get your R9 here are a few options that don't require much time:
    Do FSJ daily with at least 1 faction member, Collect the coins and sell warsong tags/Cpacks 14.2 mil a week average
    Get your sandgrain each day and do a couple off UPD's a week, that's a quick 6.5mil a day
    Get your feathers each day and do the weekly DHD/J quest, craft a lvl4 glyph from your rewards and sell it
    Do your HS quests, get it on a confortable level that its self sustained that you are not required to enter other players HS for stuff to craft. Make Dull Jagged iron shards sell 1.8 mil a piece
    If you did the daily FSJ as I told you, you get your chivalry rewards on Monday, craft soulcast flux, sell for 10-12mil
    Do NW whitout a charm, just d ick around and try to get points, supply tokens is some good pocket money

Do this for a couple off weeks to get a few 100mil, spend coins wisely, invest, resell stuff.

Im using Tideswell prices here but im pretty sure this works on other servers too

good luck
  • madonna89
    madonna89 Posts: 40 Arc User
    with goldprices that absurd high atm , its a very long task of farming ( imho impossible) or merching.

The thing with merching comes down to 2 factors :

a: how much coin u got at your hands atm
    b: how good is your overall knowledge of the game

Problem with merching is : sooo many ppl try to do it (and most jsut fail and destroy sectors of the market in the process)

If you wanna start with merching , IMHO best to choose 2-3 items that are *every day consumables* and start from there. See what u can do in a week or a months and try growing your business :)

as a general direction --> warren wolfy merchanting guide. alot is outdated (in terms of accessibility and msot of the goldtrading) - but the general idea remains the same

good luck :)
  • niicabr
    niicabr Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2019
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    Actually best method to collect coins is to work on level 100 alts.

With alts you can farm:
    - FSP coins, makes C Packs to sell in Kirin Town.
    - Supply Tokens in NW, makes SoW, WS Mats or R8 Mats (depend what catshops buy for more).
    - Farm Sigils with the basic HS quest (it requires to craft 3/3 basic items for 2 sigils a day) and makes Dull Jagged Shards.
    - Make the dailies in Neverfall, collect badges and makes Acoustic Media.
    - If you get tons of alts and patience you can farm Arigora Coins with fake 6v6 squads.

Other than alts you can just Merhcanting. Find soemthing to buy and re-sell.

Other minor way to makes coins is to join in the rank 1 faction of your server, for TW/xTW rewards.
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • madonna89
    one more thing to add , as i was re reading your initial comment --> farming r9 for pvp purposes.

r9 wont really give u the access to *pvp*

-> max chart, good refines (+12), viable card set, all the daily passives as well as up to date sky lvls is what makes ppl compete in pvp.

when i got my r9 from merching, i did refine it to +10 armor wise and +12 weapon - dueled a friwend (in g16, NOT a sin) and was oneshot :p
    he did have all the aforementioned, minus r9.

last but not least - if your gonna roll a toon - roll a sin. g16 sins cane oneshot arcanes , and mildly geared r9s can oneshot endgame geared casters.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    Read all 3 pages and get some ideas

http://tinyurl.com/MAXCOINFARM​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    madonna89 wrote: »

last but not least - if your gonna roll a toon - roll a sin. g16 sins cane oneshot arcanes , and mildly geared r9s can oneshot endgame geared casters.

Why do ppl keep telling ppl to roll G16 sins? Those offer absolutely nothing outside of killing lowbies. They dont offer dmg in PvP, have somewhat of an lock for PvP but get bypassed by dmg unlike their R9 brethren. On PvE G16 sin just offers no relevant dmg and you hhave way easier time getting squads with like Veno/BM/Seeker/SB.
  • mysticblue#1834
    mysticblue#1834 Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    one more thing to add , as i was re reading your initial comment --> farming r9 for pvp purposes.

r9 wont really give u the access to *pvp*

-> max chart, good refines (+12), viable card set, all the daily passives as well as up to date sky lvls is what makes ppl compete in pvp.

when i got my r9 from merching, i did refine it to +10 armor wise and +12 weapon - dueled a friwend (in g16, NOT a sin) and was oneshot :p
    he did have all the aforementioned, minus r9.

Yes I am aware about all that besides the sky levels and card sets (currently on abba set hoping to finish morai soon) but I am as of yet not worried about those since I haven't gotten R9 to start with
    That being said
    Thanks for all the suggestions
    Post edited by mysticblue#1834 on
  • madonna89
    datsang wrote: »

Why do ppl keep telling ppl to roll G16 sins? Those offer absolutely nothing outside of killing lowbies. They dont offer dmg in PvP, have somewhat of an lock for PvP but get bypassed by dmg unlike their R9 brethren. On PvE G16 sin just offers no relevant dmg and you hhave way easier time getting squads with like Veno/BM/Seeker/SB.

never said roll a g16 sin O_O
  • yugi2390
    yugi2390 Posts: 80 Arc User
    g16 sin better than an aps sin imo
  • indeterminate
    indeterminate Posts: 22 Arc User

Yes you did

And btw, this is only possible where 'endgame' is taken to mean 'mid-refine r9 junk-sharded no card set no glyph no starchart'. Any genuine endgame toon, caster or otherwise will sit there afk all day and your 'mildly geared r9' will fail to even tick its charm.

• madonna89

Yes you did

And btw, this is only possible where 'endgame' is taken to mean 'mid-refine r9 junk-sharded no card set no glyph no starchart'. Any genuine endgame toon, caster or otherwise will sit there afk all day and your 'mildly geared r9' will fail to even tick its charm.

*sigh*

back to step 1 - read what was actually written :) - and not what U like it to be ;-)

no offense ^^
  • indeterminate
    indeterminate Posts: 22 Arc User
    roll a sin. g16 sins cane oneshot arcanes

Maybe I misunderstood, maybe what you meant to say was "don't roll a sin, g16 sins are useless", maybe pwi will fix the bugs in the game, but what you actually factually said is, "roll a sin. g16 sins cane oneshot arcanes"
  • madonna89
    shakes head and walks away.. ppl these days
  • deceitsoul
    deceitsoul Posts: 94 Community Moderator
    I would say shards being the biggest worry as far going r9. Sure you can put non op shards but then it kinda feels like you shouldve stayed g16 & saved all that coin than be stressed out., anyone care to disagree ?
    --/**Ticket- Support**\----/**Rules of Conduct**\-->

----/**Administrator of Mod team**\-->
    Inquires or questions inbox here
    Or reach me in-game
    Ouln -Etherblade Server
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Yes I disagree. R9 is worth it even if you cant shard the best shards. No reason to stress out about it right away.
  • madonna89
    rule of thumb: get the armor first