6,000 new faces
16,000 different fashion models
4,000 new hair texture options and hairstyles
New colour mapping, glossy looks, and reflectivity
Metallic 5-layered texture mapping
New light sources to add new light to the characters' skins
New 102 modifiers to simulate the new facial expressions;
Rendering facial muscles, facial expressions, physical movements

On the advanced (supposedly deeper) character customisation, players can use the usual grid display and direct drag and drop to intuitively modify the character's face. In terms of makeup, the new semi-transparent effect greatly enhances the rendering of makeup. The new dyeing algorithm makes the colour change range wider, and the transition mask model is added to the surface of the eyeball to make the shadow effect more natural.

In addition, the newly added physics engine, the overall visuals of the 14-years-old game will be greatly enhanced, increasing the playability and authenticity of the game. On the game settings, new options will be added that will allow players to run new visual features such as, the new wind effects, fabric physics and other new effects to show the silky and smoothness of the textures, as well as the natural flutter of the clothes when the character is in motion.

Comments

• shineni#2821
    shineni#2821 Posts: 70 Arc User
    this whole thing will just add to the clown fiesta that mass pk is with a i5 and not that many memory ram, i mean its damn time to make the processor use all the cores for the game or at least let it use the damn VGA lol.
  • hypnosian123
    hypnosian123 Posts: 116 Arc User
    can anyone check if chinese client is now using multiple threads?
  • orangeitis
    orangeitis Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    PWE, I swear, you had better advertise the SMURF outta PWI when Wanmei sends this update your way. This is the best opportunity you've had in YEARS to get PWI's population up, and advertising is KEY. This is a huge deal, and there are a lot of gamers out there looking to play a beautiful, immersive game like how this update is promising PWI to become. Let's go balls-deep with this!
  • illegalburrito
    illegalburrito Posts: 9 Arc User
    I'm pretty positive this is for the mobile version of PWI and not the actual game itself, lmao.
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    No... this isn't for the mobile game. "Perfect World 2" as referenced by China is our version of the game, the desktop version. Also, it says 'upgraded engine'. Why would you upgrade an engine for a brand-new game? The mobile game is new and doesn't need any upgrading. Look at the mouse pointer in the video. That isn't somebody using a touchscreen. That is somebody using a mouse. A game that is made for mobile has to be kept very simple to account for the imprecision of using fingertips instead of a mouse pointer. Stuff has to be spread further apart. Buttons need to be big. That sort of stuff. This video is 100% NOT the mobile game.

That being said, this is still one of those 'believe it when you see it' type of things. However, what somebody said above is true, if the game has a modern look and feel, and takes better advantage of modern graphic cards, it is a chance for PWI to rebound.

This game can already run on a fraction of the cpu and graphic card requirements of most modern games... just imagine how fast it'll be once the engine can really take advantage of your computer's resources! Giggity
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• indeterminate
    indeterminate Posts: 22 Arc User
    the clunky game engine isn't what's killing this game, it's pwi's complete lack of interest in anything more than extracting the last possible penny from their customers without bothering to fix serious problems, or care enough to communicate
  • indrek4ever#9506
    indrek4ever#9506 Posts: 27 Arc User
    True how they treat people playing this game is just evil...
  • hypnosian123
    hypnosian123 Posts: 116 Arc User
    can anyone check if chinese client is now using multiple threads?

bump
  • teru#3690
    teru#3690 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    You can't check CN yet because it's still in development and this is just a preview of the new changes.
    Also this update has the potential to bring new players but only if CN and pwi actually change something about the gearing and leveling process. What's the point of starting this game when you will be a 1 shot for like a year if you're a new player.
    I don't think it's gonna be a new engine but they're trying to build on the old engine like Bethesda did with their creation engine or like arenanet did with gw1 and gw2. Hopefully they'll start optimizing and add support for multiple threads and possibly a new DirectX API. There's a fan made dx12 mod for gw2 which helps performance quite a lot.
  • illegalburrito
    csquared5 wrote: »
    However, what somebody said above is true, if the game has a modern look and feel, and takes better advantage of modern graphic cards, it is a chance for PWI to rebound.

I highly doubt Perfect World will rebound even if there was a potential sequel to the current game, especially since all PWI:NA game titles are i]eventually[/i given That Subsidiary™ treatment by it's Chinese counterpart.
  • redxblack#5880
    redxblack#5880 Posts: 12 Arc User
    Even if this game gets a new update on the game engine, it won't attract new players that much and even if it does, they will probably quit right away. The reason for that is because this game is heavily Pay2Win and the PW staff members removed almost all the Free2Play aspects as well as the lack of interaction between them and the players. I know people are probably going to say that there are instances that you can do and farm coins with but most of those instances requires a decent gear to survive which makes the players new to the game quit or lost interest.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Well their is no reason PWE can't do a share type thing on Facebook etc.

Organisation is a may be tho.

As for the update looks intresting.. .

Thanks.
  • illegalburrito
    PWE:NA nationwide is already noteworthy for it's garbage business model. Many who demoed Remnant: From the Ashes (another cash grab PWE title from the looks of it) from later gaming conventions in 2018 are already sticking their nose up because of the obvious. They're only going to be met with negativity from the already-disappointed community and continue to make their company look bad in front of potentially new players/consumers.

PWE:CN might have the playerbase and the resources to chuck out new games and sequels, but PWE:NA continues to remain small, irrelevant, and heavily dependent on international whales to keep their servers up.

Don't get me wrong though, whatever update they're showcasing for the game looks neat and I'd hella be interested to test it out, but it's only gonna flop in the end with how we end up treated.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    @Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Hi, your homestead npc locator seems to be down. The drop down button's are not creating the lists to select npc's and locations.

https://asterpw.github.io/pw/homesteadnpcs/​​
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited March 2019
    @tek1nig try this address.

http://asterpw.github.io/pw/homesteadnpcs/

I've been told the page does not support https.

Thanks.